Magic:PQ Support Team
Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,257 Chairperson of the Boards
edited October 2022 in Event Details

REVOLVING PLANESWALK     

Event Type: PvP.

Entrance Fee: 20 Mana Crystals.

Deck Restrictions: Standard.

Rewards: Progression.

# of Nodes: 5 nodes that unlock sequentially.

Any Planeswalker matching the node’s color is allowed.

Initial Charges (per node): 2  | Max Charges (per node): 4

Recharge Time: 2h

Event Duration: 22h

“Unite your favorite cards and Planeswalkers to visit a random plane from among the current standard rotation and enjoy the best strategical buffs that each of them can offer!
In this PvP event, each day you will fight against other players with the help of a different set of supports that bring the characteristics of one of the current standard rotation’s sets.
Your Planeswalkers will be attached to their current nodes, so you can play with any Planeswalker that shares at least one color with the node’s colors.”

SPECIAL RULES

The special supports are:

• Union of a Plane

• Sleeper Powder

• Compleation Station

• Chaos Channeling

• Proof of Domain

Order of the Blessed

"When Asha left Bant, she ensured that the world would have protection and order in her absence.”

• Event Special Support:

Union of a Plane 

Token, Can't Be Destroyed, Can't Be Exiled. 
When a creature with First Strike or Vigilance enters the battlefield under a player’s control: That player creates a Soldier token. When a player matches this support’s gem: That player’s white mana bonus is increased by 2 until the end of their next turn.

Faculty of the Wise

"Destiny is a flickering path among tangled possibilities."

• Event Special Support:

Sleeper Powder 

When a creature with Flying or Defender enters the battlefield under a player’s control: That player chooses an opposing creature. That creature gains Stun Counter 1. When a player matches this support’s gem: That player’s blue mana bonus is increased by 2 until the end of their next turn.

Well of the Autocratic

"Some will sacrifice everything for but a taste of power."

• Event Special Support:

Compleation Station

When a creature with Deathtouch or Menace enters the battlefield under a player’s control: That player may have a creature they own gain Imminent Death. If they do - The first Creature card in their hand gains Compleated and Lifelink. Create 6 phyrexian gems. When a player matches this support’s gem: That player’s black mana bonus is increased by 2 until the end of their next turn.

Battle Cry of the Furious

"Nothing of nature nor of mortals can stand forever."

• Event Special Support:

Chaos Channelling 

Token, Can't Be Destroyed, Can't Be Exiled
When a creature with Haste or Double Strike enters the battlefield under a player’s control: Creatures that player controls get +2/+0 until end of turn. When a player matches this support’s gem: That player’s red mana bonus is increased by 2 until the end of their next turn.

Nursery of the Consonant

"From a tiny sprout, the greatest trees grow and flourish. May the seeds of your mind be equally fruitful"

• Event Special Support:

Proof of Domain

Token, Can't Be Destroyed, Can't Be Exiled
When a creature with Reach or Trample enters the battlefield under a player’s control: That player creates 2 Gold tokens.When a player matches this support’s gem: That player’s green mana bonus is increased by 2 until the end of their next turn.

OBJECTIVES

White Node 

• Win the Fight!

• Win the fight against your opponent!

• Reward: 200 Mana Runes, +10 Score

• Vigilance

• Summon 2 or more creatures with Vigilance during a single fight.

• Reward: +5 Score

• First Strike

• Summon 2 or more creatures with First Strike during a single fight.

Blue Node 

• Win the Fight!

• Winged

• Cast 2 or more creatures with Flying during a fight.

• Defender

• Summon 2 or more creatures with Defender during a single fight.

Black Node 

• Win the Fight!

• Death Touch

• Summon 2 or more creatures with Death Touch during a single fight.

• Threaten

• Summon 2 or more creatures with Menace during a single fight.

Red Node

• Win the Fight!

• Haste

• Summon 2 or more creatures with Haste during a single fight.

• Double Strike

• Summon 2 or more creatures with Double Strike during a single fight.

Green Node 

• Win the Fight!

• Reach

• Summon 2 or more creatures with Reach during a single fight.

• Trample

• Summon 2 or more creatures with Trample during a single fight.

REWARDS

----------

Post your strategies for this event below!

Comments

• khurram
    khurram Posts: 1,077 Chairperson of the Boards
    Do all 5 iterations of the event have the same objectives and same nodes, only difference is the different event supports?
  • jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2022

All of these objective scores need to be doubled - if not more.
  • IPA
    IPA Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    So, 2 more years of an even longer grind in the daily event?  I was already passing on the ZE event many moons ago due to the unfun grind.  
  • BongoTheGrey
    BongoTheGrey Posts: 345 Mover and Shaker
    If you are going to make us play a minimum of 10 matches to get full progression you could at least increase the rewards.

Players complained about Zendikar Expeditions being grindy and with bad rewards and it required a minimum of 7 matches to get full progression. Now you make this new event even grindier but keep the same awful rewards. 

Do you really think that players consistently need 12000 runes? For most players that's like rewarding them with a handshake
  • ReadingRambo
    ReadingRambo Posts: 19 Just Dropped In
    I agree with bongo here - runes are super useful to players in bronze and silver who still have a lot of walkers to buy and level. All long term players have an enormous pile of runes in the millions - more than we would ever need for any reason. 

Is there something else we can put in the platinum rewards for long term players? Perhaps crafting orbs?
  • jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is the same structure ZE had when it first released.  It took a month of constant complaining before Oktagon bumped the secondary objectives up to 5 each instead of 3/2.
    And so many of us still didn't play the event even after that
  • NickBKK
    NickBKK Posts: 89 Match Maker
    I have a serious concern (in case the Dev teams don’t! What are they thinking?!) that this punishing tedious structure will drive people away from the game. 
  • Theophilus
    Theophilus Posts: 123 Tile Toppler

I completely agree with all of the concerns regarding grindiness already aired in this thread. I actually quit the game for a time because of the increasing stinginess of rewards. I can't tell if the decision here to go back to the original structure of ZE is laziness or apathy. Or, perhaps it was intentional.

On a positive note, I appreciate that the objectives aren't in any way dependent on killing creatures. That is one of my pet peeves in this game. My ability to achieve an objective should never depend on what my opponent does or me having to some sort of self harm. 
  • TBronx
    TBronx Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    Heres a math equation for the devs:

Require > 7 games = People not playing + less spending real money.  

"Be creative and less frugal or it costs you dearly in the end."  - Wise man once said. 

• BongoTheGrey
    BongoTheGrey Posts: 345 Mover and Shaker
    Another equation.

8 Training Grounds games + 8 Trial of the Planes + 10 Revolving Planeswalk.

We are now required to play at least 26 games per day to get the daily rewards.

Almost no one has time for that so you are creating a product that players will avoid. I know that you put a lot of work on designing new events and interactions with the permasupports and everything. Do you really want to create a product that won't be consumed?
  • Tezzeret
    Tezzeret Posts: 223 Tile Toppler
    edited October 2022
    We gotta except the design... longer events means a larger timeline of  "active players" 

I expect events to continue to be grindy moving forward... snd TBH At least ever objective is the easiest objective OF ALL TIME,  and we have a new revolving event that gives the newest packs as rewards.

Now I really don't have to buy any PP
  • Tezzeret
    Tezzeret Posts: 223 Tile Toppler
    That being said I will get all the commons and uncommons/rares and never plays this event ever again lol
  • ArielSira
    ArielSira Posts: 489 Mover and Shaker
    Either move the rune rewards to the back or change the ribbons to +10/+5/+5 please.

I really don't understand why it's a copy of the initial ZR being 5/3/2 and expecting 10 perfect games for these rewards.
  • Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,607 Chairperson of the Boards
    Could this be a sign of frustration from the dev team? I wonder if they are caught in the following dilemma.

If the devs make events with decent rewards, the players do not invest enough money in the game, since the players get want they need from the events.

if the devs make events that the players don’t want to play, the players do not invest enough money in the game, since what is point of buying cards that won’t be played with.

So I suppose that the devs tried the first scenario with rising tides (which had fantastic prizes) and then they tried the second scenario with ZE and the result was better with ZE. Just my 2 cents