Give us a break PLEASE!

It's season end, so already slammed with regular PVP and Shield Sim, trying to hold on to placement. Looking forward to at least a PVE break with the foretold Boss Event. But now... AGAIN, you're slamming us with regular PVE on top of a Boss Event? Are you aware that we have lives and obligations outside of this game? Why do you hate us?

I"m completely burned out and planning to just call it quits with this game after Anniversary season. So thanks, BCS. At least I'll save a few hundred bucks each month and reclaim my free time.

Comments

• riothamus
    riothamus Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    In total agreement with you.  Doubling up a PvE and Boss event at the same time is too much.
  • SaltnPeppa
    SaltnPeppa Posts: 297 Mover and Shaker
    edited September 2022
    I'm good with it, if I can't play one or the other, no big deal.   It's just a game afterall.  I've missed a few events because of work and I'm ok with it.
  • doom_decrees_it
    doom_decrees_it Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    I'm good with it, if I can't play one or the other, no big deal.   It's just a game afterall.  I've missed a few events because of work and I'm ok with it.
    I mean, clearly I'm speaking of people competing in pvp and pve and maximizing all their resources, to win season brackets, and preparing for unhoarding an anniversary. Not casual players who just do whatever tidbit they feel like on a given day. Nor suppressors in S5 who aren't competing for the season, only competing to be as annoying or contrary as possible.
  • Akoni
    Akoni Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    ...you're slamming us with regular PVE on top of a Boss Event? Are you aware that we have lives and obligations outside of this game?
    This sounds like a specific issue tied to alliance demands/responsibilities, play style, and player expectations. From the devs' perspectives, it is important to constantly have something running for everyone. The moment there is nothing, players begin leaving. Each player, however, has a few things to worry about. 
    1. What do I need to do to remain in good standing with my alliance. Some players work hard to get into and stay in a particular alliance and losing that alliance can be a huge blow to their participation in the game, not to mention how sucky it feels to be kicked out or left behind.
    2. Most players have specific strategies they employ. Many of these strategies require playing 2-3 times per day for 20-60 minutes each time.
    3. Furthermore, every player expects something from the game whether it's to be competitive, amass a collection, or spend a few minutes on something they enjoy to destress or take a mental break. 
    I suspect @doom_decrees_it (DDI) is a competitive player in a competitive alliance that has a standard of participation and performance in both PvP and PvE. DDI probably also aims to have a fairly competitive roster with almost every 3-5* character rostered. 

With all of that said, it kind of sucks to be you. I'm not trying to be mean. This is just the truth of the situation you're in. I started to get burned out due to IRL responsibilities and changes so I've really only been playing Deadpool Daily and PvP (half-heartedly). I haven't even been using shields. I play a few matches for progression rewards and if the timing is right, I shield. If not, I reopen the game to a T200 ranking. I am also in an alliance that has 1 rule: don't go too many days without playing. That's it.

If you are overwhelmed, my best advice for you is to reprioritize your activities both in-game and IRL. Do the top 1-2 things on that list. The next 2-3 things you can squeeze in if you have the free time. Screw everything else. If MPQ falls into the 6th slot on that list, stop playing. If higher up, play, but cut back to the stuff you really like to do. The rest can be ignored. You may or may not need to find a more laid back alliance. Some competitive alliances are cool with you taking a break, some are not. You may need an alliance with different requirements. 

Yeah, it sucks to have to change, but you're going to be happier and healthier if you do.

Good luck, DDI.