(UPDATE) Known Issue: 9/22 Retro Rewards Shards Not Fully Given

2»

Comments

• Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Tony_Foot said:
    Can you wait until after Emma’s pvp to fix this please  ;)
    OT: Lol I leveled her up without thinking about it. That's gonna be annoying...

Back to regular programming.
  • danielrandkai
    danielrandkai Posts: 89 Match Maker
    edited September 2022
    This is what I'm talking about bay-bee! Immediate acknowledgement of the issue and info as to what is being done about it. No one minds mistakes if they feel they are in the loop about next steps. Thanks IceIX, and hat tip to the devs/engineers that will work on this!
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,068 Chairperson of the Boards
    Was awesome to to do my morning check and see all those rewards. Thanks for the generosity. It’s been a very positive direction with the changes lately. I love it.
  • Yepyep
    So I'm trying to get my head around what I got/didn't got. I should've received 1 Kitty cover, which I did, and 500 Kitty shards, which I think I didn't.

Does this match what others received for Kate Pryde...? 

(No complaint here, just trying to figure it out.)
  • Jormagund
    Jormagund Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    Yepyep said:
    So I'm trying to get my head around what I got/didn't got. I should've received 1 Kitty cover, which I did, and 500 Kitty shards, which I think I didn't.

For me they only gave the 250 shard rewards and seem to have missed the 100 and 150 reward levels.  Most of mine were level 300 so I got a cover and 250 shards (instead of 500),  Emma was 320+ and I got the 5* Emma cover and 500 shards (instead of 1000).

From Discord this matches what other people have indicated.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,126 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah it either gave out only the 250 shard levels (300,320,etc), or it gave out only the 100/150 levels and didn't give the 250s, I'm not sure which got skipped but one of those two things appears to have happened. So for instance my 370 4* Frost gave me the single cover at 280 and 1250 shards, instead of 2500 shards.

• Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    I didn’t get any 5* shards so it must have been the 250.
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,246 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanks for the update!
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Another time this issue just shows how hard is for this old coded game to do correctly the most trivia things.
  • Yepyep
    edited September 2022
    Jormagund said:
    Yepyep said:

For me they only gave the 250 shard rewards and seem to have missed the 100 and 150 reward levels.  Most of mine were level 300 so I got a cover and 250 shards (instead of 500),  Emma was 320+ and I got the 5* Emma cover and 500 shards (instead of 1000).

From Discord this matches what other people have indicated.
    OK, yeah, this makes sense and I think that's what happened with my Kitty. I got 250 shards, one way or the other, instead of 500 total.

Bad said:
    Another time this issue just shows how hard is for this old coded game to do correctly the most trivia things.
    I think that's right about old code (plus written by another developer) but this might not have been a trivial exercise. There were numerous changes to rewards, then multiple tiers rewarded, but with restrictions on the total number of rewards any player could receive. And all that iterated across however many thousands of players.
  • samael64
    samael64 Posts: 53 Match Maker
    Thank you for taking such quick action both in advising us of the situation and making the fix!
  • chris0001
    chris0001 Posts: 204 Tile Toppler
    IceIX said:
    We're doing final testing on a fix that will pass out the missing Shards. This will go out in a data patch later today!
    Any update on when this will happen?
  • MadScientist
    MadScientist Posts: 317 Mover and Shaker
    It just happened a few minutes ago for me.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's live already. If you still can't see it, try closing the app completely and restart it.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Now I got all what it was missing. 
  • Yepyep
    Another beautiful start to my game day. Awesome!

Thanks @IceIX and please convey my appreciation to the whole team. This has been very fun!
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    Many thanks got the missing shards. Especially happy as that meant another cover for Phoenix who is now on the edge of being champed. 😀