***** Emma Frost (Phoenix Five) *****

Comments

• Grizwald
    Grizwald Posts: 100 Tile Toppler
    ph34rm3 said:
    Brightside (fingerscrossed) we might get a Namor/Magik release to complete the force 
    I asked about this in August.  It's likely by the end of 2024.
  • Hammer3001
    Hammer3001 Posts: 95 Match Maker
    So we can call a 3-Star & 5-Star Phoenix Namor for November; right?
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    @IceIX Ok I have to ask. There are now three versions of Emma Frost in the game but still no villainous White Queen which is probably my favorite female Marvel villain ever. Any particular reason why? 
  • 658_2
    658_2 Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    I woulda guessed Namor as a no brainer 5* tie-in for BP2, since the trailer makes it look like whoever is taking the mantle of BP will be a big third act reveal and Marvel has thus far kept it tightly under wraps. Presumably, they wouldn’t want the plot point spoiled, even post release for at least a month or two. MCU Namor (not P5) still seems likely, but M’Baku and Nakia have yet to hit MPQ also.

New EF isn’t bad in a vacuum but I’m struggling to see where you use her in the game. It’s not going to be in SC or Col boost weeks. 

• Hammer3001
    Hammer3001 Posts: 95 Match Maker
    I’m going to say October will be new versions of Magik; 4-Star will be Werewolf by Night.

November will be 3/5 Namors; 4 Star will be Abomination.

December will 3/5 Ironhearts; 4 Star will be Adam Warlock since he’s premiering in Guardians Holiday Special.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2022
    October will be 5* Web Weaver, seeing how Disney is cashing in on LGBTQ+, and the 3*/5* release will make it easier for them to cover Web Weaver. And we get 4*/5* Werewolf for Halloween.

November 11: Black Panther: Wakanda Forever movie. However, our 5* releases on Nov 17. They'll probably bring 5* release tie-in one week forward, or they will start with 4* tie in on Nov 3, followed by 5* tie-in on Nov 17.

The worst case scenario is pulling a bonus 4* release like what they did with She-Hulk. So, we'll get usual 4* release on Nov 3, followed by bonus 4* on Nov 10, and then 5* release on Nov 17. Given how generous the dev is, they might even pull a bonus 5* release instead on Nov 10.

December: Rocket and Groot special tie-in.
  • Kaidrin1979
    Kaidrin1979 Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    If all 5 P5 are released, you have to dicide which 3 do you want to use.
  • Kaidrin1979
    Kaidrin1979 Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    Especially if they all support the other P5
  • 658_2
    658_2 Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    I’m definitely going 3/5* Werewolf by Night in October. Hits in too many ways to pass up. Agreed with Hammer on 3/5* Ironheart in December, and Guardians 4. January, dev pick. February, 3/5* Ant Man is a stone cold lock, with a Wasp rebalance and Kang boss event
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    Still waiting on Frankencastle for Halloween...
  • Woiciu
    Woiciu Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    Her red passive will powerup passive powers for other characters? 
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2022
    Good store for me with the other Phoenix Five.  My Colossus is 3/1/1 and Cyclops is 3/2/1.  Wouldn't mind adding to the both of them. 

Artwork looks pretty sweet.  For the 3* version too.   
    What a terrible time for me to have no cp as this is a pretty good store.

I know I’m late to the party, but  I greatly appreciate how half of this forum was about Shang-Chi with the faithful being flabbergasted that not everyone runs him at 5/5/3. Myself, I use 5/5/3 for challenge nodes and when paired with Valkyrie, 3/5/5 when paired with Chavez (+boosts of course), especially for shield hops in PvP. The need for speed is real sometimes, and SC is much faster at 3/5/5.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wow. That blue is making me feel some kind of way now. So if her teammates are downed, the CD will expire and just pop up again? So you’ll constantly recycle taking 0 match damage? 
    I think you're reading that wrong.  Her teammates are only "downed" once.  So it will kick in one time if she's the last one standing.  It's not infinite 
    With all the revivers we have now, and Sighclops being a little broken with what he considers an "active teammate" for the purposes of his yellow to black, I'll reserve judgement until we see it in practice I think. Probably intended to work as you say, but we'll see if it actually does I guess.
  • WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 693 Critical Contributor
    Good store for me with the other Phoenix Five.  My Colossus is 3/1/1 and Cyclops is 3/2/1.  Wouldn't mind adding to the both of them. 

And the anniversary store is imminent too.  The cp I have saved up(approx 1200 right now) won't do much good split between two stores.  Decisions, decisions 🤔 
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards

And the anniversary store is imminent too.  The cp I have saved up(approx 1200 right now) won't do much good split between two stores.  Decisions, decisions 🤔 
    Shang-Chi is almost guaranteed to be in both the anniversary and the Chinese New Year stores. Getting extra covers for him can be prioritized over everything other than fully covering new LL characters. In my opinion anyways 
  • akboyce
    akboyce Posts: 283 Mover and Shaker
    edited September 2022
    IceIX said:
    • Red Passive was changed from match damage to ability damage. This was done so that the Phoenix Five all had a different buffing niche. Colossus for reduced match damage taken, Cyclops for increased match damage, and now Emma for increased ability damage.
    What?

The Phoenix Two HAD a unified theme and that was MATCH DAMAGE. Colossus's was giant and Cyclops further enhanced and spoiled Emma would have cranked it up to 11.

Now she buffs ability damage? AKA she buffs only 2 abilities for her Phoenix team? Her own Red and Colossus's Black. Technically Colossus's blue and Cyclop's black but one is nearly no damage (and competes with Emma's Blue) and the other requires everyone but Cyclop's to be stunned so he can transform without losing Emma. I GUESS Jean Grey's green as well but that requires her to die before Emma. 

This buffing niche does not fit with her teammates and while it may make her a more interesting partner for a wider set of characters it does make her a worse partner for her the Phoenix's which is a shame since she is the first character to CARE about being with them. 

Small Edit: Obviously if Namor and Magik come equipped some damaging non-red abilities she will work well with them but I would have really preferred the match damage skill for Colossus/Cyclops/Emma team
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,900 Chairperson of the Boards

Also, she's the first character to take zero match damage in the game, so she's going to hard counter SC and Colossus. SC can go winfinite for as long as he wants, but he's going to deal 0 match damage to her, except when he's firing his red power.  :p

Well if you are playing SC at 5 Red, you should be able to easily destroy that fortified CD and kick her out of Diamond form at which point you can proceed to kill her.

Another reason to run SC at 5 Red ;)

KGB
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    A portion of this thread is talking about SC.  :D

I find it difficult to rate her when teaming up with other non-PF allies because I don't know whether her abilities will add on to other characters that boosts power damage or the game will choose whichever is higher.

Her red will deal a maximum of 6588 AoE + ~1002 bonus damage * 22 red ap (max) = 28632.

Teammates' power increases by a max of 77% and PF allies get 92% instead.

Throw her with Wanda and Valkyrie to stack up the power damage (+ a max of 150%) and red aps more quickly and her AoE should deal a total of ~71,580, which should be able to wipe out majority of the enemies by then. Unfortunately, this means she's terrible in wave modes unless you are relying on the extra 77% to deal more power damage with other team compositions. Most 5* characters with red are pretty strong, so I'm not sure if you want to hold on to 30 red aps for that extra 77% buff.

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2022
    akboyce said:

Now she buffs ability damage? AKA she buffs only 2 abilities for her Phoenix team? Her own Red and Colossus's Black. Technically Colossus's blue and Cyclop's black but one is nearly no damage (and competes with Emma's Blue) and the other requires everyone but Cyclop's to be stunned so he can transform without losing Emma. I GUESS Jean Grey's green as well but that requires her to die before Emma. 

You are forgetting cyclops green, a power which damages, stuns and creates red tiles, so the synergy is legit. Also colossus blue damages quite a bit.

KGB said:

Well if you are playing SC at 5 Red, you should be able to easily destroy that fortified CD and kick her out of Diamond form at which point you can proceed to kill her.
    It's a fortified cd and SC has to struggle with his thing. Not so easy, or at least wasting 14 red AP or 7 purples for to take down a miserable cd would feel like a pain in the ... to me.

Throw her with Wanda and Valkyrie to stack up the power damage (+ a max of 150%) and red aps more quickly and her AoE should deal a total of ~71,580, which should be able to wipe out majority of the enemies by then.

That's not how it should be working. Usually SW only boost the not conditional part of the power, so her boost works better with single hits. SW would buff only the 4095 initial AoE. 
    Now, does Emma buffs her conditional part too, the damage per red AP? It should be.  However then that should work differently than SW. 
    So, finally, don't discard buggy performances and it's needed to put in practice.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2022
    Seems like Frost/Gargantos/Hawkeye is going to be potentially a wild pick-3 team.

Within the P5, so far it seems she wants to play with Sighclops the most since he can generate a large amount of red off his green. If he pumps her match damage decently then Diamond Form Could be pretty solid, but to use that effectively you really need to have Thor in there for yellow accrual rapidly.