***** Emma Frost (Phoenix Five) *****

Comments

• Godzillafan67
    Godzillafan67 Posts: 496 Mover and Shaker
    Punter1 said:
    I go 4/5/4 - I don't need the 5th tile destruction
    I stand corrected, but surely you’re the only…
    All that being said, I choose to usually run him at 3/5/5.
    Okay, fine. I wouldn’t…
    Bad said:
    My build is 4/5/4 too.
    So many crazies on the forums!  :tongue:  
    Nevertheless, we all love Shang, and that’s what really matters.

• ElReyFelix
    ElReyFelix Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    I don't think there's a bad build for Shang-Chi. It speaks to how strong a character he is. He will usually accomplish much the same regardless of his build. I have experimented with different builds and I think it ultimately comes down to personal preference and who you're pairing him with.

All that being said, I choose to usually run him at 3/5/5.
    There is a speed advantage to only having to place 3 tiles when you run him at 3/5/5. He can be a tad more fragile with the lower heal, but the cognative load of only having to worry about 3 tile breaks is noticable if you are trying to move fast.
    These are the main benefits I find of the 3/5/5 build. I still get the board control I feel that I need, but I feel it's quicker with just placing the 3 tiles, and doesn't require as much thought. But for those who prefer to be able to place the 4 or 5 tiles, that's perfectly fine. Comes down to personal preference 
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Obviously emma will have better synergy and she would be more dangerous and fun to play with her affiliations partners. 
    However, although overlapping colors, she can be a great support to SC only because of that outstanding red power, which SC will feed sooner or later.
    And having that option, even before seeing the numbers, makes for a valid character to chase for me.
  • Blackstone
    Blackstone Posts: 595 Critical Contributor
    Saw a bunch of new comments and thought there was new info on the new character.

Being compared to SC isn't a bad thing though. 
  • killahKlown
    killahKlown Posts: 577 Critical Contributor
    Agreed... you want him tanking as quickly as possible.  But what do I know, my Shang Chi is tiny.

And if he is paired with this Emma, that's another reason you want him tanking, she increases teammates match damage 
  • Pantera236
    Pantera236 Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    my Shang Chi is tiny.
    So tiny 🤣
  • killahKlown
    I don't think there's a bad build for Shang-Chi. It speaks to how strong a character he is. He will usually accomplish much the same regardless of his build. 
    You arr wrong.  3 purple is bad build.  HA HA
  • SuperCarrot
    SuperCarrot Posts: 170 Tile Toppler
    I like the 5 red because if somehow a bad board has developed, the five tile destruction can help you out of that situation easier than destroying three.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    Cool, hype to try her out. Art looks good so far. That purple seems like an obvious 3 cover.
  • WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 693 Critical Contributor
    edited September 2022
    Good store for me with the other Phoenix Five.  My Colossus is 3/1/1 and Cyclops is 3/2/1.  Wouldn't mind adding to the both of them. 

Artwork looks pretty sweet.  For the 3* version too.   
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2022
    So at level 450 with 10 red AP she would damage for 10.300. Then supposedly her passive kicks in granting her in total a 52% increased ability damage, so it should be 15.400 AoE.
    Not bad, still the one taking advantage should be colossus and his black. 
    Or is it 22k and with the 52% is 33k AoE? It's confusing on the description. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    3/5/5 build for SC if you're playing competitively for top 10 placements in pves 5/x/x is too slow. 

5* Emma just broke the record for the most number of chosen tiles destroyed. By chosen, I'm not referring to abilities similar 5* Storm's green power, but abilities similar to 2*/3* Bullseye, SC etc.

Also, she's the first character to take zero match damage in the game, so she's going to hard counter SC and Colossus. SC can go winfinite for as long as he wants, but he's going to deal 0 match damage to her, except when he's firing his red power.  :p

Her build is 5/5/3 for me.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    There are characters who can do it sort of, but not extended periods of time. Like Worthy Cap on his jump in front, unless there is a cascade. Most will go down to 1 damage. How does that interact with 5* Gamora’s yellow?
  • Grizwald
    Grizwald Posts: 100 Tile Toppler
    Will Colossus and Cyclops be getting the Phoenix Force update?
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,013 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wow. That blue is making me feel some kind of way now. So if her teammates are downed, the CD will expire and just pop up again? So you’ll constantly recycle taking 0 match damage? 

That’s bananas! Yo, these new devs are wild! And I’m here for it. 

As much as I would HATE to put her with Phoenix and Cyclops (Scott & Jean forever!!) , that’s probably the first team I’m looking at trying. 
  • Seph1roth5
    Seph1roth5 Posts: 342 Mover and Shaker
    Her red passive seems a lot weaker than scarlet witch's though.  Max 77%(92% if they're phoenix 5) extra ability damage compraed to scarlet witch's max of 150% max with a full pool.

I liked it better when it was match damage, but I get the wanting different niches.  Would prefer if she got the bonus damage by having x-men on the team though, not phoenix 5.  The phoenix 5 shouldn't boost each other they didn't get along well at ALL lol.  Hell, she should get some sort of boost if another phoenix five dies.  Like have her blue triger when a phoenix five is downed AND when everyone else is.
  • killahKlown
    Wow. That blue is making me feel some kind of way now. So if her teammates are downed, the CD will expire and just pop up again? So you’ll constantly recycle taking 0 match damage? 
    I think you're reading that wrong.  Her teammates are only "downed" once.  So it will kick in one time if she's the last one standing.  It's not infinite 
  • ph34rm3
    ph34rm3 Posts: 27 Just Dropped In
    Brightside (fingerscrossed) we might get a Namor/Magik release to complete the force