*** Emma Frost (New X-Men) ***

IceIX
IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,310 Site Admin
edited October 2022 in Character Details

Emma Frost (New X-Men)
3-Star Rarity
Affiliations: Heroes, X-Men, Mutants

"Emma Frost has had a contentious relationship with the X-Men over the years. From antagonist to uneasy ally, and now to teacher of the newest crop of X-Men, including her protegees the Stepford Cuckoos.

Her psychic abilities and diamond form make her a dangerous foe, and her dedication to the next generation of mutants makes her a still more dangerous combatant to any who would see the Xavier Institute harm."

(Abilities listed at level 40, followed by 166)
2273 Health / 8670 Health
 25 | 7 | 22 | 19 | 7 | 6 | 14 | 3.0x
 79 | 13 | 70 | 61 | 12 | 11 | 41 | 3.0x

Boosted Learning - 9  AP
Teams work best when they put their heads together - Emma’s psychic powers make it literal! She swaps the position of 2 selected basic tiles, then creates 3 strength 33 Strike Tiles. (Max level strength 105 tiles)

(PASSIVE) Emma Increases her teammates’ lowest level unlocked ability by 1, plus 1 if they have the X-Men Affiliation (up to level 5). Teammates with the Mutant affiliation also take 5% less damage from matches.
  • Level 2: Creates 4 tiles. Reduces match damage by 10%.
  • Level 3: Increases ability by 2.
  • Level 4: Swaps 4 selected tiles. Creates strength 44 Strike tiles. (Max level strength 140 tiles)
  • Level 5: Creates 5 strength 55 Strike tiles. Increases ability by 3. (Max level strength 175 tiles)
My Own Best Friend - 6  AP
Emma Frost’s secondary mutation turns her skin to diamond making her much more resilient, but unable to use her psychic powers. Emma creates 2 strength 18 Diamond Protect tiles, and then shifts into diamond form if she isn’t already. (Max level strength 56 tiles)

(PASSIVE) While in diamond form Emma’s other powers are unusable, but her match damage is increased by 30%, she takes 15% less damage, and she cannot be stunned. If Emma has no Diamond Protect tiles, she reverts to human form. When all teammates are downed, if Emma has no Diamond Protect tiles, trigger My Own Best Friend.
  • Level 2: Creates 2 strength 21 Protect tiles. Increases match damage by 35%. Reduces damage by 20%. (Max level strength 67 tiles)
  • Level 3: Creates 2 strength 25 Protect tiles. Increases match damage by 40%. Reduces damage by 30%. (Max level strength 79 tiles)
  • Level 4: Creates 2 strength 31 Protect tiles. Increases match damage by 45%. Reduces damage by 40%. (Max level strength 100 tiles)
  • Level 5: Creates 2 strength 46 Protect tiles. Increases match damage by 50%. Reduces damage by 50%. (Max level strength 145 tiles)
Mental Block - 9  AP
Emma projects into her enemies’ minds, disrupting their plans and sending them into disarray. She destroys up to 1 random enemy special tile(s), prioritizing Repeater and Countdown tiles, then creates a 2-turn Countdown tile (limit 1) that reduces all the active opponent’s ability levels by 1 level(s). (Minimum level 1).
  • Level 2: Reduce ability levels by 2.
  • Level 3: Destroy up to 2 random enemy special tiles.
  • Level 4: Create a 3-turn Countdown tile. Reduce ability levels by 3.
  • Level 5: Destroy up to 3 random enemy special tiles. Reduce ability levels by 4.

Release Schedule

All times in Pacific

Release Events

Story

Meet Rocket and Groot - 9/22 - 9/25

Emma Frost (Phoenix Five) Cover Store Tokens in Progression rewards

Emma Frost (Phoenix Five) Shards + Cover Store Tokens as Placement rewards

Cosmic Chaos - 9/25 - 9/29

Emma Frost (Phoenix Five) Shards in Progression rewards

Emma Frost (Phoenix Five) Legendary Store Tokens as Placement rewards

Versus

Do You Mind? - 9/22 - 9/26

Emma Frost (Phoenix Five) shards as Placement rewards

Hell’s Belle - 9/25 - 9/28

Emma Frost (Phoenix Five) Cover Store Tokens in Progression rewards

Offers

Altered Perception Store - 9/22 - 9/25

Chance to get Emma Frost (Phoenix Five). Increased chances in 10x and 40x pulls

24-Carat Vault - 9/28 - 10/2

Chance to get Emma Frost (Phoenix Five). Increased chances in 10x and 40x pulls

40 Items:

○      1x Secret Empire Legendary Store Token

○      1x 4-Star Professor X (Charles Xavier) cover

○      3x Random 3-Star covers

○      6x Heroic tokens

○      4x 2500 Iso

○      6x 1000 Iso

○      5x 500 Iso

○      14x Two stars

Secret Empire Legendary Store - 9/29 - 10/2

15% chance to get Emma Frost (Phoenix Five), Cyclops (Phoenix Five), and Colossus (Phoenix Five)

Additional Tokens can be purchased for 25 Command Points

Comments

• SandKing
    SandKing Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    So if I understand this correctly, her yellow will turn any variant of a 5/5/3 teammate into a 5/5/5 teammate.

I imagine that could have some interesting uses even post 3 star land.
  • IceIX
    SandKing said:
    So if I understand this correctly, her yellow will turn any variant of a 5/5/3 teammate into a 5/5/5 teammate.

I imagine that could have some interesting uses even post 3 star land.
    Correct.
  • IceIX
    Answering questions asked from elsewhere:
    - What happens if 2+ abilities are the same lowest level? This ability prioritizes 1->2->3. So a 0/2/2 character would be a 0/3/2 instead.
    - Does Ability 1 and 2 stack? No, ability 1 applies to teammates.
    - Does Ability 1 still apply when Ability 2 is active? For 3-Star, no. For 5-Star, yes.
  • liminal_lad
    liminal_lad Posts: 459 Mover and Shaker
    Is it just their protect tiles that turn off other powers, or all protect tiles? 
  • IceIX
    Is it just their protect tiles that turn off other powers, or all protect tiles? 
    Just theirs.
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,013 Chairperson of the Boards
    “Swap 4 selected tiles”

how would that work? Do you select 2 tiles, then select 2 more? Is there a thing that pops up and says the order of the tiles to be swapped? 
  • IceIX
    “Swap 4 selected tiles”

how would that work? Do you select 2 tiles, then select 2 more? Is there a thing that pops up and says the order of the tiles to be swapped? 
    Select 4. Swaps 1&2 and 3&4.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    As I expected, ladies and gentlemen: this 3* character is made by the new devs, so their powers and passives surpass by far any old 3* character.
    Making a 4* or 5* being a 5/5/5 actually is VERY relevant.
    And his purple, in some way could be better than SW's hex.
    So it's a 3* for to chase for.
  • Weirdnerd2009
    Weirdnerd2009 Posts: 24 Just Dropped In
    Emma comes to mind with the increased match damage/reduced damage, and the 5 could be Phoenix 5 form 
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,368 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bad said:
    Making a 4* or 5* being a 5/5/5 actually is VERY relevant.
    Probably mostly just useful for growing/developing players to boost their undercovered characters a bit. If you have a 13-cover 4* (or 5*) you probably have more and you'd be better off to use a higher tier character instead of this one.

I've never gone out of my way to use Black Bolt in order to increase a characters powers in a match. And while this power boost is passive, being on a 3* they are easily stomped.
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2022
    IM40 remains the best 3* never used after fully engaged in the 4* tier, imo anyways. Not sure this one makes top 5 or 10. Most abilities left at 3 are meh to awful. The PvP where they boosts SC to 5/5/5 will be fun though. 
  • Bad
    DeNappa said:

I've never gone out of my way to use Black Bolt in order to increase a characters powers in a match. And while this power boost is passive, being on a 3* they are easily stomped.
    But then the player has another target who needs to take down, added to the others 2.
    That fact is something for not to underrate, i.e I have no 3* who I want to take down the first, except Loki.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    There are a few characters who can do ability pumping, it’s never quite as effective as you want it to be. Most characters seem designed around having an obvious dump stat; there are very few who come alive at 5/5/5. The best use of a power like that I’ve found is to try out a 5/5/5 version of a new release 5* in their PVP, even though they won’t be leveled to 450.
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,246 Chairperson of the Boards
    Am I reading correct that Max Health for this 3* is 8670?  If so, no way would anyone in 5* land use them outside of requirement, IMHO. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    I imagine people saying they will push up a 5* are 3* players with low covered 5s they want to use. In that scenario this is probably pretty cool for them.
  • Bad
    SC right from the start of the battle being a 4/5/5, i.e, it's a freaking monster.
    So I will say I will use this guy being a 5* player, and I will think another partner who can be another monster at 5/5/4 meanwhile.
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,246 Chairperson of the Boards
    But who are you replacing that you could use otherwise?  This character is dead in, like, one swing of a bat.  Would you bring this character over a champed Chasm?  Champed MT?  Getting my SC to 5/5/5 isn't worth giving up a champed 5* in the long run.

Then again, I never play Valkyrie or AC either as 4* and I know they are played a lot also by 5* players.
  • Bad
    edited September 2022
    Awesome characters pumped right front the start of battle: almost all the meta. Apoc 4/5/5, chasm 5/4/5, Shulk 4/5/5, Jthor 5/4/5 etc...
    On 4* tier Polaris 5/5/4, Chaves 5/4/5, Valkyrie 5/5/4, MM 4/5/5 etc...
    And it's still needed to see the affiliation if one of them could be 5/5/5.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm not pro additional 3*. However, these 3*, which are similar to their 5* counterpart, allowme to test some theories for those new 5* more quickly, instead of waiting for the next 1-3 months. That's the benefit for players like me. For new players, they got what they want.
  • Gymp28
    Gymp28 Posts: 92 Match Maker
    Emma comes to mind with the increased match damage/reduced damage, and the 5 could be Phoenix 5 form 
    Yep, that’s exactly what I thought too. Feels very Emma Frost being able to boost others powers and turning off her own powers when in diamond form.