***** Emma Frost (Phoenix Five) *****

IceIX
IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,311 Site Admin
edited October 2022 in Character Details

Emma Frost (Phoenix Five)
5-Star Rarity
Affiliations: Heroes, X-Men, Mutants, Phoenix Force

"Colossus, Cyclops, Magik, Namor, and Emma Frost. Hosts of the returned Phoenix Force. Charged with building the world into one safe for mutants and mankind, Emma Frost is a force to be reckoned with. But with almost infinite psychic power and the ability to scan the thoughts of anyone she chooses, can she keep control of the blinding strength of the Phoenix Force to guide all humankind forward?"

(Abilities listed at level 255, followed by 450)
18073 Health / 72645 Health
 34 | 266 | 237 | 207 | 32 | 29 | 132 | 4.0x
 135 | 1068 | 949 | 831 | 125 | 115 | 528 | 4.0x

Psychic Flames - 8  AP
Emma unleashes the Phoenix Force, destroying 4 selected tiles and dealing 1019 damage to the enemy team, then completely drain the team’s Red AP, dealing 155 extra damage per AP drained. (Destroyed tiles do not generate AP or deal additional damage) (Max level 4095 damage, 623 bonus damage)

(PASSIVE) While she builds power, Emma’s Phoenix Force increases her teammates’ ability damage by 5%, plus 2% per Red AP. Teammates with the Phoenix Force Affiliation deal an additional 5% ability damage.
  • Level 2: Deals 1196 damage. Increases ability damage by 10%. (Max level 4807 damage)
  • Level 3: Destroys 5 tiles. Increases ability damage by 11%.
  • Level 4: Deals 1551 damage. Increases ability damage by 13%. Additional 10% ability damage. (Max level 6232 damage)
  • Level 5: Destroys 8 tiles. Deals 1639 damage. Increases ability damage by 17%. Additional 15% ability damage. (Max level 6588 damage)
My Own Best Friend - 5  AP
Emma Frost's secondary mutation turns her skin to diamond making her much more resilient, but making her unable to use her psychic powers. Emma creates a 3-turn Fortified Countdown tile, and then shifts into diamond form if she isn't already.

(PASSIVE) While in diamond form Emma's other active powers are unusable, but her match damage is increased by 30%, she takes no match damage, and she cannot be stunned. When Emma's countdown tile runs out or is destroyed, she reverts to human form. When all teammates are downed, if Emma has no Diamond Countdown tiles, trigger My Own Best Friend.
  • Level 2: Increases match damage by 35%.
  • Level 3: Increases match damage by 40%.
  • Level 4: Increases match damage by 45%.
  • Level 5: Increases match damage by 50%.
Mental Block - 9  AP
Emma projects into her enemies’ minds, disrupting their plans and sending them into disarray. She destroys up to 1 random enemy special tile(s), prioritizing Repeater and Countdown tiles, then creates a 2-turn Fortified Countdown tile (limit 1) that reduces all the active opponent’s ability levels by 1 level(s). (Minimum level 1).
  • Level 2: Reduce ability levels by 2.
  • Level 3: Destroy up to 2 random enemy special tiles.
  • Level 4: Create a 3-turn Countdown tile.
  • Level 5: Destroy up to 3 random enemy special tiles. Reduce ability levels by 3.

Release Schedule

All times in Pacific

Release Events

Story

Meet Rocket and Groot - 9/22 - 9/25

Emma Frost (Phoenix Five) Cover Store Tokens in Progression rewards

Emma Frost (Phoenix Five) Shards + Cover Store Tokens as Placement rewards

Cosmic Chaos - 9/25 - 9/29

Emma Frost (Phoenix Five) Shards in Progression rewards

Emma Frost (Phoenix Five) Legendary Store Tokens as Placement rewards

Versus

Do You Mind? - 9/22 - 9/26

Emma Frost (Phoenix Five) shards as Placement rewards

Hell’s Belle - 9/25 - 9/28

Emma Frost (Phoenix Five) Cover Store Tokens in Progression rewards

Offers

Altered Perception Store - 9/22 - 9/25

Chance to get Emma Frost (Phoenix Five). Increased chances in 10x and 40x pulls

24-Carat Vault - 9/28 - 10/2

Chance to get Emma Frost (Phoenix Five). Increased chances in 10x and 40x pulls

40 Items:

○      1x Secret Empire Legendary Store Token

○      1x 4-Star Professor X (Charles Xavier) cover

○      3x Random 3-Star covers

○      6x Heroic tokens

○      4x 2500 Iso

○      6x 1000 Iso

○      5x 500 Iso

○      14x Two stars

Secret Empire Legendary Store - 9/29 - 10/2

15% chance to get Emma Frost (Phoenix Five), Cyclops (Phoenix Five), and Colossus (Phoenix Five)

Additional Tokens can be purchased for 25 Command Points

Comments

• Ares76
    Ares76 Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    My guess is also Emma Frost Phoenix Five. 
    There are so many similiarities with Colossus' and Cyclops' powers. "Increases teammates’ match damage, match damage is increased by XX%, takes 15% less damage, and they cannot be stunned."
    And of course the clue Mind Palace for a telepath like Emma. 
  • marvel075
    marvel075 Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    edited September 2022
    yeah lookin like Emma frost for sure, mind palace makes sense now since she her powers affect the mind, etc. ,and her affiliation 3 might be phoenix five, making her different from her 3 star variant, plus they might finally add it on to the other phoenix 5 members
  • SandKing
    SandKing Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    Her blue also has some similarities to 4* Frost's black.
  • jeffsterz
    jeffsterz Posts: 50 Match Maker
    I’d put my ticket into the Emma Frost pool too. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2022
    Feels very similar to 4* Frost - I hope she is good at this tier once the numbers hit. 

I’m interested in those protect tiles that seem to have a specific flavor. Are those some kind of character tile?

how does that red passive work? Alllied matches are base increased, then what, 2% per red in the match? Red in the bank? Red on the board?
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hmm, if the affiliation is on Phoenix Five, then she will boost Colossus match damage even more!
  • purplemur
    purplemur Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    Looks at clue and powers, reads guesses, double checks Kitty is champed, immediately abandons every far fetched schema ever hatched to make 4* work.
    kk,chasm,jane,emma….#breakinghoard

I did love the House of X costume though…. I will miss that a little I suppose
  • tonypq
    tonypq Posts: 549 Critical Contributor
    Looks pretty interesting. When the character uses blue it disables their other actives but the passive on red will still be in effect. That could be pretty fun using this character with Colossus for sure. The purple is nice for enemy power suppression and the active should be handy against goons and mindless ones. I don't have a 5Cyclops leveled, I wonder who else would make good partners with this character and Colossus. Can't wait to see the numbers on the red team damage since it's stated as being high. 
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,902 Chairperson of the Boards
    If 2 or more characters increase match damage does it stack? I assume it does so if Emma and Colossus are on the team then she boosts Colossus even more or if she and Cyclops are on the same team he he fires his Yellow then the 3rd team member gets boosted twice.

KGB
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,013 Chairperson of the Boards
    KGB said:
    If 2 or more characters increase match damage does it stack? I assume it does so if Emma and Colossus are on the team then she boosts Colossus even more or if she and Cyclops are on the same team he he fires his Yellow then the 3rd team member gets boosted twice.

KGB
    Sometimes it does. Sometimes it doesn’t. 

Ex, Rogue’s green stacks with colossus’ yellow but they both don’t stack with Killmonger’s red passive. 

But cyclops’ yellow adds to his teammates’ base so their match damage can be stacked twice. 

So I guess we’ll have to wait and see. 
  • Bzhai
    Bzhai Posts: 437 Mover and Shaker
    tonypq said:
    I wonder who else would make good partners with this character and Colossus.
    She will be in LL together with Chasm and She-Hulk. Both have their own damage modifiers, and they both can revive. The horror...
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,013 Chairperson of the Boards
    That red is making me feel a sort of way. It doesn’t just deal team damage. It deals “high damage”. And at level 1 it destroys 4 “selected” tiles. Let’s make some cascades and match4/5s happen. And at level 3, you can select at least 5 tiles (maybe a bit of overkill but I’ll be here for it. If nothing else, I’ll select every tile in a specific color at level 3-5).

so far, I’m leaning towards 5/5/3. I’m not a big fan of shutting down the active powers but her purple doesn’t seem that great. It’s expensive, pops randomly, and I’m sure reducing opponents power level is worthwhile considering it only lasts a couple of turns. 
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    It seems like a great 5* to use with affiliations. That match damage could get wild.
    Their red is the money here, as it can create cascade ala SC and damages high (SC is giving this character a warm welcome even if it's not from his affiliation).
    The purple being a fortified CD makes for a great detail (former team possibly wouldn't lol).
    And they share similarities in power with the 3* version, so using it as a 5* or as a 3* will be interesting.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,698 Chairperson of the Boards
    Until we see how all these affiliations work and the meta changes the only safe way is to get them all. Unless you play just pve then it doesn't matter.
  • Acemontiero
    Acemontiero Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    Bad said:
    It seems like a great 5* to use with affiliations. That match damage could get wild.
    Their red is the money here, as it can create cascade ala SC and damages high (SC is giving this character a warm welcome even if it's not from his affiliation).
    The purple being a fortified CD makes for a great detail (former team possibly wouldn't lol).
    And they share similarities in power with the 3* version, so using it as a 5* or as a 3* will be interesting.
    I'm not sure SC is loving the purple/red power overlap.
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    SC would just use Frost’s match boost and Emma would sit by while SC did all the heavy lifting. Colossus or Chasm on the other hand would be quite happy to let her fire away in red and purple 
  • mani82
    mani82 Posts: 149 Tile Toppler
    On offence SC would love the tagetted tile destruction and team damage and happily fire away the purple the problem is defence I hate anybody along with Sc with an active Color overlap ;His purple is an one punch with some saved combo points but the slightest defence factor is lost with another purple user 
  • Grizwald
    Grizwald Posts: 100 Tile Toppler
    I'm excited about this being Phoenix Five Emma Frost.  Depending on how the damage boosting works, this could get bonkers quick.
  • Ulik
    Ulik Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    Bad said:
    Stuff
    Shang doesn’t like to share; it’s all about him.  Red passive is nice, but better to have a partner that gives him more combos while creating another effect. Mighty Thor blue/yellow, for example.