**** Reptil (Humberto Lopez) ****

IceIX
IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,308 Site Admin
edited October 2022 in Character Details

Reptil (Humberto Lopez)
4-Star Rarity 
Affiliations: Heroes, Avengers, Enhanced

"From a young age, Humberto Lopez wanted to be a hero. Finding a fossilized amulet on an archaeology dig with his parents, 'Berto would get his chance as the super powered hero Reptil! Thrust into the hero life with little training by the Initiative, Reptil comes to the rescue of innocents with the ability to transform into multiple different prehistoric dinosaurs. Still learning the limits of his powers and the control needed to master them, Reptil is a powerful, if somewhat unstable, force on any battlefield he is called to in order to protect others."

(Abilities listed at level 70, followed by 270)
4223 Health / 15642 Health

Cretaceous Chomp - 6 Red AP
Reptil takes a razor-sharp bite out of his enemy, dealing 166 damage and converting a random basic Red tile into a strength 19 Strike tile. If Reptil is in the form of the Quetzalcoatlus, fortify the tile and empower it by 25% (Max level 323 damage, strength 38 tile)
  • Level 2: Deals 269 damage. Strength 29 Strike tile. (Max level 523 damage, strength 58 tile)
  • Level 3: Deals 274 damage. Strength 48 Strike tile. Empower it by 35%. (Max level 533 damage, strength 96 tile)
  • Level 4: Deals 478 damage. Strength 67 Strike tile. (Max level 930 damage, strength 134 tile)
  • Level 5: Deals 792 damage. Strength 114 Strike tile. Empower it by 50%. (Max level 1541 damage, strength 228 tile)
Reptillian Rampage - 8 Green AP
Reptil uses the power of the amulet to transform into a mighty Quetzalcoatlus, destroying 6 random tiles. After 5 turns, Reptil reverts to human form.

(PASSIVE) While in the form of Quetzalcoatlus, Reptil deals 25% increased damage, and whenever Reptil makes a match or uses and ability, he deals half that damage to two other random characters, with a 30% chance to hit an ally. If Reptil damages his allies more than 2 times in this way, Reptil reverts to human form and is stunned for 1 turn(s). (Extra match damage is based on Reptil's average match damage.)
  • Level 2: 30% increased damage. 25% chance to hit an ally.
  • Level 3: 40% increased damage.
  • Level 4: 55% increased damage. 20% chance to hit an ally.
  • Level 5: 80% increased damage. 15% chance to hit an ally.
Ankylo-Armor - 5 Yellow AP
Convert a basic Yellow tile into a strength 19 Protect tile. If Reptil is in the form of the Quetzalcoatlus, fortify the tile and empower it by 25%. (Max level strength 38 tile)

(PASSIVE) Humberto's made better by his friends and family: he takes 5% less damage and deals 5% more damage for each Avenger on his team, and Supernatural allies deals 10% more damage with matches and abilities.
  • Level 2: Strength 32 Protect tile. Takes 6% less damage and deals 6% more damage. 13% more damage with matches and abilities. (Max level strength 64 tile)
  • Level 3: Strength 48 Protect tile. Empower by 35%. Takes 7% less damage and deals 7% more damage. 16% more damage with matches and abilities. (Max level strength 96 tile)
  • Level 4: Strength 76 Protect tile. Takes 8% less damage and deals 8% more damage. 20% more damage with matches and abilities. (Max level strength 152 tile)
  • Level 5: Strength 133 Protect tile. Empower by 50%. Takes 10% less damage and deals 10% more damage. 25% more damage with matches and abilities. (Max level strength 266 tile)

Release Schedule

Story

The Hunt - 9/8 - 9/11

Reptil (Humberto Lopez) Covers and Shards + Event Token in Placement Rewards

Welcome to S.H.I.E.L.D. - 9/11 - 9/15

Reptil (Humberto Lopez) Shards + Event Token  in Progression rewards

Operation Spider Silk - 9/12 - 9/16

Reptil (Humberto Lopez) Shards and Covers + Event Token in Progression rewards

Versus

God of Lies (Loki) - 9/8 - 9/11

Reptil (Humberto Lopez) Cover and Shards as Placement rewards

Cretaceous Clash (Reptil) - 9/11 - 9/14

Reptil (Humberto Lopez) Shards + Event Token  Progression rewards

Offers

Reptil & Friends Vault - 9/11 - 9/15

80 Item Vault:

• 3x 4-Stars

• 1x Reptil cover

• 1x X-23 (All-New Wolverine) cover

• 1x Random 4-Star cover

• 7x Tokens

• 1x Legendary token

• 1x Mighty Token

• 2x Heroic Tokens

• 3x Beginner Support tokens

• 6x Iso-8

• 1x 5,000 Iso-8

• 2x 2,500 Iso-8

• 3x 1,000 Iso-8

• 15x 3-Stars

• 3x Beast (Classic) cover

• 12x Random 3-Star covers

• 49x 2-Stars

• 10x Storm (Classic) cover

• 39x Random 2-Star covers

Comments

• Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2022
    Mmmmmm dinosaurs. Looks fun at least. Getting to shift might a bit difficult, much less use the abilities when shifted.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    Will he hurt himself as last man standing, or just allies? Since it’s random target will it hit invisible allies?
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wait? Who is coded as supernatural?
  • leviticuschom
    leviticuschom Posts: 61 Match Maker
    edited September 2022
    is there a mechanic I'm not understanding. Why not just create a strike/protect tile that's the final strength in the first place? Why does it need empowered when placed?
  • WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 693 Critical Contributor
    edited September 2022
    I just wanna know who he feeds.  
  • Ptahhotep
    Ptahhotep Posts: 414 Mover and Shaker
    is there a mechanic I'm not understanding. Why not just create a strike/protect tile that's the final strength in the first place? Why does it need empowered when placed?
    I read empowered as being a temporary boost that goes away when he reverts to human form.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2022
    IceIX said:
    Ptahhotep said:
    I read empowered as being a temporary boost that goes away when he reverts to human form.
    Empowered is the term used when a tile is improved. Newer characters use this term and older characters will be updated to this term when we get around to it. The tile is placed at a given strength, but if he's in dino-form, it'll be placed at a stronger amount.

Does "empowered" mean improving a specific tile or tiles permanently (e.g., C4rol or 5* Kitty), or does it refer boosting the strengh of existing tiles by a specified amount, but only so long as the respective character is active (e.g., 4* punisher)?  Or both?
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,308 Site Admin
    Vhailorx said:
    IceIX said:
    Ptahhotep said:
    Empowered is the term used when a tile is improved. Newer characters use this term and older characters will be updated to this term when we get around to it. The tile is placed at a given strength, but if he's in dino-form, it'll be placed at a stronger amount.

Does "empowered" mean improving a specific tile or tiles permanently (e.g., C4rol or 5* Kitty), or does it refer boosting the strengh of existing tiles by a specified amount, but only so long as the respective character is active (e.g., 4* punisher)?  Or both?
    The former. It's a quick term for "Improves the strength of".
  • CharlieLima
    CharlieLima Posts: 112 Tile Toppler
    IceIX said:
    Vhailorx said:
    IceIX said:
    Ptahhotep said:

Any word that’ll you plan to use for the inverse of “empower”?
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 946 Critical Contributor
    Wait? Who is coded as supernatural?
    New affiliations just dropped:
    https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/87402/character-affiliations-updates-9-6-22
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    IceIX said:
    Vhailorx said:
    IceIX said:
    Ptahhotep said:

Are there any powers actually worded like that? Most say “improves friendly ______ tile by ###”

seems lateral to me, but if y’all prefer it I would just want it to be a consistent keyword.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've no idea who this guy is, but his powers are straightforward, with the exception of the word empower, which has been clarified.

There are two ways to play around his potential self-stun: 
    1) team him up with allies that go airborne to avoid the self stun.
    2) make use of self-stun. Hydra Stomper comes to mind.

Alternatively, focus on his 25% damage increment for Supernatural allies. The kit is pretty straightforward, so there's nothing much to it.
  • Gundala
    Gundala Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
    I was thinking paired him with BP for that self stun mechanism, but the chance decrease as it more cover. LOL.
  • Bzhai
    Bzhai Posts: 437 Mover and Shaker
    Gundala said:
    I was thinking paired him with BP for that self stun mechanism, but the chance decrease as it more cover. LOL.
    The stun only applies to Reptil, not his allies.
  • rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,276 Chairperson of the Boards
    I just wanna know who he feeds.  
    me too.  I know they said they'll do without connections, which is good because I can't find his connection to any of the unfed.  He's got Avengers connections, and was in the AvX story from Avengers Academy, and some Pym Particles in there too, and Savage Land, but I know very little other than his wiki

Magneto due to AvX? 
    Daken due to having claws?
    Ronan due to the Skrull invasion?
    Moon Knight due to Moon Boy?
    KK due to magical amulets?

Tenuous connections at best.  
  • Scorpion201
    Scorpion201 Posts: 57 Match Maker
    edited September 2022
    sorry but bad character, sounds to me bottom of 4 tier list. His welcome to shield is going to be a nightmare. its going be a long time before he gets champed. skipper
  • rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,276 Chairperson of the Boards
    okay, ignore that last post.  Discord states that like 4* Jennifer Walters, Reptil starts without a feeder but with reason

"No feeder planned for him. There's a reason for that, which I can't reveal at the moment."
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    So he'll feed the next 5.

I'd rather they catch up instead of feeding forward, but whatever.
  • purplemur
    purplemur Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    5* Moon Girl confirmed?
    Some goofy pairs:
    5*Black Widow for auto stun
    oscorp Spidey for bot generation 
    ihulk/5hehulk to trigger resurrection 
    5sw: two way buff, maybe new code will proc feedback
    2Storm/1spidey: I think her proc is also worded neutral? It could be silly fun to have dinosaur up front raging around and occasionally damaging team who is low enough to aoe+ Quick reheals, 
    4*GHostRider: just for the 25 on top of penance! 

???:Can he harm himself?,
    what happens when there is last man standing: Duz they get hit 3x?
    does “Young Avengers” count for his buff? 
    How about GLA (peeeez so I can haz a rawr team: Dinah Soar with take teammate airborne mechanic!) ?