Planeswalker Sale: What's the Top 5 Walkers in the Game?

gozmaster
gozmaster Posts: 160 Tile Toppler
Question:

What Do you Think Are The Top 5, "MUST HAVE":
  1. Tri-Color/Colorless Walkers?
  2. Dual Color Walkers?
  3. Mono Color Walkers 
For Newer, Mid , Full Collections to have?

Here are mine...

https://youtu.be/ejs9aKErIek

Comments

• Firstofhisname419
    Firstofhisname419 Posts: 129 Tile Toppler
    edited August 2022
    Mono: PJA Ajani; Koth, Nissa WW
  • Theophilus
    Theophilus Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    The ones I play with the most:
    Mono: PMA Nissa, PMA Ajani, Wren and 7, Grand Master of Flowers
    Dual: Kasmina, Daxos, Kelamne, Teferi 1, Domri
    Tri: Bolas DG, Brokhan, Tamiyo, (I don't have the new guy)
    Colorless: Karn 1

Those may not be the "top", but they account for 98% of my play. PMA Nissa is my current fave, as she is getting the most play for me these days.

• Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,934 Chairperson of the Boards
    1. Tri-Color/Colorless Walkers?
    Tamiyo, Sarkhan, Bolas Dragon God, Karn Scion, Bolas God Pharaoh 
    1. Dual Color Walkers?
    Kasmina, Garruk Cursed Huntsman, Daxos, Kalemne, Ral
    1. Mono Color Walkers
    Ajani Invigorate Leadership, Teferi Chronoclast, Wrenn and Seven, Professor Onyx, Zariel or Koth
  • Stormcrow
    Stormcrow Posts: 461 Mover and Shaker
    edited August 2022
    TBH I don't really have "favorite planeswalkers", just "favorite decks", and who gets which deck has a lot to do with who has a deck slot free when I want to make the deck. But the fifteen planeswalkers I would personally recommend to somebody who had no PWs and no experience, but infinite crystals, and was looking at the PW sale and wondering who to get:

Tri Color/Colorless: Karn Scion, Sarkhan, [pick one of: Bolas Ravager or Bolas God-Pharaoh], Tamiyo, Narset (Narset might get bumped by Dakkon tho)

Dual Color: Nissa Shadowed*, Kasmina, Calix, Kalemne, [pick one of: Dungeon Master* or Teferi Hero of Dom]. Can't believe there's no room for Ashiok here but Ashiok does not quite make the cut.

Mono:  Grand Master of Flowers (GMOF > PMA Ajani, change my mind!), Jaya, [pick one of: Nissa Worldwaker or Nissa Vital Energy], Ob Nix Reignited, Teferi Chronoclast

* = especially high priority if you're new and don't have a huge card collection to work with yet, based on being able to put together very competitive standard pauper decks with these PWs.

• Abracadavers
    Abracadavers Posts: 61 Match Maker
    Mono: Karn, Scion of Urza

Tri: Narset of the Ancient Way, Nicol Bolas, God Pharoh, Sarkhan Unbroken, Tamiyo, Field Researcher (I don't have Dakkon yet)

Dual: Angrath, the Flame-Chained, Garruk, Cursed Huntsman, Huatli, Radiant Champion, Kalemne, Disciple of Iroas, Kaya, Orzhov Usurper, Ral, Izzet Viceroy, Teferi, Hero of Dominaria

Mono: Ajani, Invigorate Leadership, Koth of the Hammer, Nissa, Worldwaker, Sorin, Imperious Bloodlord (only so-so; I don't really have a favorite monoblack), Tezzeret, Betrayer of Flesh

Most of these are due to their mana bonuses.  Funny how people's lists have certain similar choices but none are quite the same...
  • Tezzeret
    Tezzeret Posts: 223 Tile Toppler
    Imo (but also the correct answer lol)

1. Dakkon
    2. Ral 
    3. Kasmina
    4. Kalemni
    5. Karn
  • Tezzeret
    Tezzeret Posts: 223 Tile Toppler
    I wonder when I'll get burnt out on dakkon? i have played in him in EVERY NODE, in Ebery coalition event since he has come out and am up to 7 perfects in a row now.. I honestly don't think I'll ever use a different walker in a coalition event...... I just hope I dont hit a bordem wall.