Your latest fun team combination

Comments

• BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 982 Critical Contributor
    Boosted gargantos, with hawkeye, and boosted infinity cap as a 3rd has been a fun in pve this event.  After garg nukes 2 enemies cap's red nuke will unlock and by this time you'll have a boat load of red ap.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    Probably mentioned or noted before , but Lady Thor5, KK5 and Polaris have made PvE so easy it’s actually disappointing to play with them . Now I know 90% of the players would love a team you play mindlessly that goes winfinite in 4-5 turns because it relies on passives and special tiles , but characters that require thought and planning like Shang are what makes a game fun and challenging with a better feeling of accomplishment. (my Thor was only 11/13 , KK 453 and it already was my fastest clear )
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    Shang isn’t just chasing red or purple , it’s more about calculating the large 3-7 cascades that produce the damage and keep it winfinite. At least one other person on here posted it took them more than basic common sense to learn how to play him effectively after numerous repetitions. That’s the style that makes him different. With KK, Thor , any match I made without a second of thought was going to do 40K plus damage after a few turns . I don’t have a high IM5 or I’d try that advice also.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2022
    I don't know if it's like overly fun per se, but since I have him champed I was using Moon Knight/iHulk/5torm in simulator so that hulk and storm would feed moon knight green and black. It worked, but even with those AP generators it was still not quite as fast as I'd like. I also was using iHulk and Carbage with him so that you'd be passively making enemy specials he might steal, but invariably matches would wrap up well before I had 10 purple to fire, so your mileage may vary there.

Shang-Chi plays exactly like 2* Bullseye (I often use 2*Magneto/Hawkeye/Bullseye in ddq nodes chasing match-5 cascades for Speedshot before somebody questions who would use 2* bullseye on purpose) and Karnak, so if you have any experience playing those characters he isn't very different to learn. And if you are running him with Onslaught/Sersi it's also a pretty auto-pilot win with all that incidental board shake. But he's more technical than than an Okoye based team.
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 946 Critical Contributor
    Probably mentioned or noted before , but Lady Thor5, KK5 and Polaris have made PvE so easy it’s actually disappointing to play with them . Now I know 90% of the players would love a team you play mindlessly that goes winfinite in 4-5 turns because it relies on passives and special tiles , but characters that require thought and planning like Shang are what makes a game fun and challenging with a better feeling of accomplishment. (my Thor was only 11/13 , KK 453 and it already was my fastest clear )
    I've used Thor and Polaris a few times, I find it a bit disappointing when Polaris fills all the tiles with SAPs, and Thor has nowhere to put new charged tiles.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    I've used Thor and Polaris a few times, I find it a bit disappointing when Polaris fills all the tiles with SAPs, and Thor has nowhere to put new charged tiles.
    It happens, which is why Kamala as the third doing massive damage per SAP makes it an extremely short battle . 
  • Glockoma
    Glockoma Posts: 548 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2022
    Current event: Meet R&G

Phoenix (Boosted) Supported by 4* Chimichanga 

IM46 (Boosted) Supported by 3* Kimoyo Beads

Onslaught Supported by 4* Corvus Glaive

A real cake walk with an emphasis on clearing the board of 1-2 colors at a time (teamups and red).

The double cast of Phoenix purple is helped out by the supports of Corvus (chance +3 at start of battle) and Chimichanga (chance +2 purple with purple match). The Kimoyo beads (chance +2 blue with blue match) add to IM’s function. 

Chase blue and/or purple while waiting for a match-4 so Onslaught can clear teamups, then cast purple into blue. Spam Phoenix red with absolute recklessness. 

I cleared maxed challenge node in less than a minute with an unfavorable board to start. Cheers!
  • Gymp28
    Gymp28 Posts: 92 Match Maker
    edited August 2022
    I’m really enjoying FosThor and Negasonic for pick2 PVE nodes at the moment. I wouldn’t say the matches are quick but it’s a pretty winfinite combo with insanely long cascades caused by Negasonics yellow passive when firing Jane’s yellow.
    I usually incidentally collect enough green to fire Negasonics countdown through a couple of these cascades and can instantly blow it up to add another 6 charged tiles to the board by firing any of Janes abilities.
    Most matches I’m easily getting to ~50 destroyed charge tiles which then means that Jane’s red is a MASSIVE nuke (50-60K), for cheap, which makes for a nice finisher. 
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,013 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2022
    Bruce Banner (5/5/3)
    Sersi (3/5/5) or GEDoom (5/5/3)
    Iron Man 46 (5/5/3)

yeah you read that right. Iron man Mark XLVI. One of the worst 5s in the game. This team is NOT about getting Hulk on the field.

It’s about SCIENCE!! (And getting the most out of Bruce Banner instead of the Hulk).

Bruce’s black power puts out some pretty beefy attack tiles and for each genius/Illuminati affiliated on his team, he puts out another one. These babies take a good chunk of hp out of the opponent. And it’s cheap too. 

IM46 has the affiliation AND his blue actually comes in handy. 

I use Sersi’s purple power to target green to get more black on the field and to get less green on the field to get Bruce’s blue passive to activate. The damage from it isn’t too bad. 

Eventually if (when) iM46 gets buffed I’ll be here with this team waiting for him. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Playing around with some 5* Jean teams in simulator. Right now I'm enjoying Sersi 5/5/3 || Jean 3/5/5 || Professor X (4*) 5/3/5.

The loop here is chasing match-5s and special tiles. You want to take a color off the board quickly with Sersi, either yellow or black probably but any non red, purple, or green will do. Depending on what you are starting with, or is prevalent on the board, chase either green or purple. Sersi can add any color to the board on green (and pump specials which Phoenix is making on red,and X is making anytime a power is fired, and Sersi is doing based on what colors are in play), and Phoenix can make a solid amount of red by using purple that will create cascades and strikes. Anytime you get a match-5, professor x uses his big brain to do damage and generate 4 strongest color AP which are going to be either green or purple depending on if you have a better Jean or Sersi, either are useful, and Sersi will make a countdown that'll do a big hit if you lose the combo. This is weak defense team because it requires you to spam powers beyond 1/color, but you can get it to go winfinite pretty regularly. Alternately you can swap Nightcrawler in for Jean and then you want to put purple everywhere.
  • AlexR
    AlexR Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    I went looking again for teams in which Emma Frost can contribute in. Tried a different approach this time; instead od targeted batteries, I went with untargeted speed-up. (Not that it solves even a quarter of the staggering problems in her kit, mind you. But it helps.) Enter Mockingbird and Hulkling.

3/5/5 Emma Frost + 5/5/3 Mockingbird + 3/5/5 Yondu
    Mockingbird's red and Yondu's blue are the team's damage nukes. Emma's synergy here comes from 2 things: 1) Mockingbird firing her powers for free and 2) Yondu's black. At @5, his black creates a whole bunch of strike tiles, so Emma's yellow actually has something to boost right out of the gate. And her black, if picked, can fortify things that aren't just her repeaters. And if Mockingbird happens to not pick any of that and instead firing Bombshell/Centaurian Archery, that is perfectly fine with me.

3/5/5 Emma Frost +5/3/5 Hulkling + Wolfsbane
    Once again, Emma's main contribution is yellow with black being a possibility depending on how many friendly tiles on the board are vulnerable and would benefit from being fortified. (strike tiles, Emma's repeater, Wolfsbane's invis or purple cds, there's a lot of candidates!...) Hulkling's random AP gathering on purple is quite potent to keep the team supplied and Wolfbane's red is cheap to make strike tiles for Emma's yellow to boost.

I feel like I'm finally getting somewhere.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    The problem with Frost is that even at max champ her kit does nothing valuable. Nice job trying though.
  • WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 693 Critical Contributor
    She has value...she feeds Kitty Pryde 
  • AlexR
    edited September 2022
    The problem with Frost is that even at max champ her kit does nothing valuable. Nice job trying though.
    Not quite. The problem with Frost is that her kit does nothing of value, takes too long to add nothing of value in an admirable way of nested problems (AP cost too high, in colors that are difficult to feed, then multi-turn repeaters you cannot speed up) and struggles to even do the meager things she does (with nothing happening when you fire her repeater-powers initially and her repeaters having the survivability of wet tissue paper, so you might never see anything happening from them at all and her black being a one-time fortification that then renders her into a one-cover 5*). 
    With most other low-end characters, there's ways to patch their weaknesses. Not so Emma. Emma is a work of art of problems.
    However, I am stubborn. I want every character in the game to have a team that works for them. So I keep trying, even though by all means Emma is unfixable. Case in point: I'm specifically trying to build her a team and I'm struggling to find ways for her to meaningfully contribute.
    The rework for Bruce Banner gives me hope they might try to fix Emma at some point. I don't think they will succeed to get her to even mid tier, because her kit suffers from so many problems at once that there's no easy fix beyond "throw her black and purple away entirely, give her something else instead". But maybe a few changes might improve her from "walking disaster, lost cause" to at least low-tier. That would make this much easier.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    She was released at the height of characters missing a power so that you could add it back via a support. The Stepford Cuckoos synergy perk should have been built into Diamond Form.

her powers are similarly useless to 5* Carol - so much so that I would want to attempt to run them together. Maybe with Jane so that the tile break will generate yellow faster?
  • AlexR
    She was released at the height of characters missing a power so that you could add it back via a support. The Stepford Cuckoos synergy perk should have been built into Diamond Form.
    Oh yeah, *definitely*, 100%, that should have been part of her kit. That might have given her black a little bit more value as a meat shield. ...Wouldn't have helped her much though, because all the other fundamental problems are still there. A little bit of damage mitigation for 11 black AP would not have saved her.
    ThaRoadWarrior said:
    her powers are similarly useless to 5* Carol - so much so that I would want to attempt to run them together. Maybe with Jane so that the tile break will generate yellow faster?
    Haha, try it? ; I suspect the issue you'd run into would be that both Carol and Emma are slow and unreliable at producing strike tiles by themselves, due to the unfortified multi-turn repeaters. Don't think Jane will work with them either, because Jane would just nuke their repeaters immediately long before you'd ever see any strike tiles to generate yellow with. :wink:
    Out of everyone I tried with her, Hulkling has done the best for her by a mile. He helps with multiple of her issues without being completely overbearing, which leaves space for a third team mate to help her out in other ways. I still need to run this a whole bunch, see if I need to possibly iterate, but Hulkling/Emma/Wolfsbane is my favourite of my attempts at a functional Emma team so far.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    I was using Shuri/Panther when she came out, but found there was never a reason to use her yellow over panthers.