How do you level your champs?

Options
ickysticky
ickysticky Posts: 19 Just Dropped In
I have rostered a lot of 5* and have a decent amount of covers for a few of them, but I am certainly still wading through 4* land.

I was wondering what is everyone's leveling strategy?

Currently I'm prioritising HP champ rewards for roster slots. So I favourite a char until I get the HP, then favourite the next closest char to another HP reward.

Is this an efficient approach or should I try a different method?

Comments

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    That's an interesting approach. Obviously your still HP starved so it makes some sense you are targeting HP rewards.

I only leveled characters who mattered. As in meta ones I was going to be using regularly for PvE/PvP. Once you have those done, then my next target was ones who are feeders for 5* since I wanted the 5* cover at L280. Then after that, it doesn't matter much so sometimes I'd level for specific reasons (ie win a crash, that 4* was featured in PvE/PvP etc).

Your 5* should not be leveled past your top 4*s. So if your top 4* are L280ish you should not level your 5* past that point regardless of covers. Even then, only level the meta 5*s and leave the rest unleveled.

KGB

P.S. Are you farming 2/3*? ISO always goes to farms because it returns so many rewards.
  • ickysticky
    Options
    KGB said:
    That's an interesting approach. Obviously your still HP starved so it makes some sense you are targeting HP rewards.

I only leveled characters who mattered. As in meta ones I was going to be using regularly for PvE/PvP. Once you have those done, then my next target was ones who are feeders for 5* since I wanted the 5* cover at L280. Then after that, it doesn't matter much so sometimes I'd level for specific reasons (ie win a crash, that 4* was featured in PvE/PvP etc).

Your 5* should not be leveled past your top 4*s. So if your top 4* are L280ish you should not level your 5* past that point regardless of covers. Even then, only level the meta 5*s and leave the rest unleveled.

KGB

P.S. Are you farming 2/3*? ISO always goes to farms because it returns so many rewards.
    I am at the stage of farming 2/3* certainly. I divert whatever ISO is needed there too. I don't have duplicates, but I sell the initial 266 3* once it's maxed.
    I was just wondering how others approach it because roster slots are slow going. I get really tough opponents in PvP so I can't get the 160HP for 16 wins anymore, so I have maybe 1 new slot almost every 2 weeks.
  • KGB
    Options
    It's strange you can't get the 16 wins in PvP.

What's level are your top 5 characters?
    When are you trying to do PvP battles. The first and second day can be really hard due to few players having joined so less opponents. Once you get to the final 24 or even final 12 hours you should be able to find enough opponents to get 16 wins.

KGB
  • ickysticky
    Options
    Maybe it is the timing that I try to play. I tend to get some manageable teams early on, but I have normally given up by the end. I will try to find opponents when the timer is low.

My highest characters are 435, 375, and 360, but I regularly get matched with boosted team that are level 500+.
  • KGB
    Options
    Ah, I see. You've leveled up some 5* characters.

That's your problem as it's putting your MMR level at the average your top 3-5 characters (~360+ in your case). So you are facing rosters where all their characters are at that level or higher (not just 3-5) so they always have some boosted characters that are 100 levels higher than you.

Unfortunately this happens to way too many players who don't realize what leveling up their 5* will do to their MMR. You are stuck now and only have 2 choices. Sell those characters (I wouldn't recommend that) or live with the fact you can't go very high in PvP for years (the rest of your roster catches up so to where they are at least 330 so when boosted you'll have some 450s).

KGB