Grand Experiment 2: Treading Water in the SCL 10 Post-Shardpocalypse

Comments

• Grizwald
    Grizwald Posts: 100 Tile Toppler
    How many Latest Legends and Command points are you gaining a week? 
    I've been able to keep up on all the latest 5* since Shang-Chi, but resources are getting tight now.  Gargantos is going to rotate out with about 10 covers.  I tried to finish him up today but instead got all the covers I need for Kamala.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    About 3 LT or 75 CP per day will let you keep up.
  • rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,276 Chairperson of the Boards
    Grizwald said:
    How many Latest Legends and Command points are you gaining a week? 
    I've been able to keep up on all the latest 5* since Shang-Chi, but resources are getting tight now.  Gargantos is going to rotate out with about 10 covers.  I tried to finish him up today but instead got all the covers I need for Kamala.

I've been hoarding since Crystal left, and I am currently at 131 LL pulls, or close to 70 pulls a season (2.5 a day I guess).  That's been good enough to cover most everyone with the occasional miss due to cover distribution (my Sersei is 5/3/3 but with 2 saved covers)
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    I haven't been tracking my resources in, just pulls outgoing. Historically 2.5+ pulls per day was safe to stay in latest and earn whoever before they dropped out as long as you were sitting tight between releases after covering Next Out.
  • Grizwald
    Grizwald Posts: 100 Tile Toppler
    It sounds like I need to play a lot more PVP.  
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    I needed to get at least the first 10 cp from it to stay current. The 18 at the top I’ll miss here and there if life gets in the way or I’m just not feeling it.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited August 2022
    Oh snap; picked up a shard store slug of shards for Warlock since it was a 25 cp champ level, and pulled an organic purple for Widow out of classic. 5/2/3 with 206 shards. 46 more shards and she will be completable without me needing to build a dupe for N4tasha who is at 338 right now.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Phoenix is champed. I got tired after all this time of tracking all my pulls, so I've kind of just been pulling willy nilly out of classic and not logging it all week. It's kind of liberating on the one hand, but it does make it interesting to review sometimes to have the history. Oh well. Maybe I'll stay tracking Latest once everybody I have champed drops out.

Nightcrawler is at 253
    Widow is at 218 shards, I'll move my 5* to Jane Foster probably once i get her to 250
    3*s are still rechamping. 

I'm definitely feeling the HP pinch after all these consecutive releases. I landed a 371st Valkyrie this morning and need to start a dupe, but with Chasm being in the alliance event rewards I'm probably going to let it sit on the vine until after I find him a home.
  • rainkingucd
    I opened all of my ~65 LL and ~1700 CP on Latest when Chasm entered.  

KK went from 5 covers to 11
    DocThor went from 3 covers to champed 456
    Chasm went from 0 covers to 9 covers + 440 shards (including the 2 from the Boss event)

This gives me some hope to start doing what you have been doing with dipping into Classics to finish off my un-fed 5*s.  I have a month to finish KK, and PVE should give me 2 more Chasm.  If I manage to finish KK first, I can basically hoard until Thor and Chasm leave and start again with iShulk, new, new.  

Nice to see my resource rates are enough to keep up with Latest, and given time and some feeders, let me get to the all 5* champ milestone.  
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    I pulled an organic 370th Lockjaw level, so that makes my first 4* max champ that i've never had set as a favorite or bonus hero, just from randomly showing up in pulls or event rewards since his release. My next closest character who I've never directly chased outside of finishing up a shard level is Flaptain at 360, and X-23 at 358. 
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,900 Chairperson of the Boards
    I pulled an organic 370th Lockjaw level, so that makes my first 4* max champ that i've never had set as a favorite or bonus hero, just from randomly showing up in pulls or event rewards since his release. My next closest character who I've never directly chased outside of finishing up a shard level is Flaptain at 360, and X-23 at 358. 
    What a strange and unusual character to be your first organic 370.

For me, I have Peggy at 360 and Miles at 358 but I also know those 2 tend to regularly get featured in vaults and special events so it's understandable they are going to be my first organic 370's in probably the next 6 months.

KGB
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited August 2022
    RNG is funny like that; he wasn't even close to my first 4* champ either. Peggy and Miles, both being feeders, are characters I had set to fav for awhile at some points.
  • rainkingucd
    RNG is funny like that; he wasn't even close to my first 4* champ either. Peggy and Miles, both being feeders, are characters I had set to fav for awhile at some points.
    I love stuff like this.  Always so interesting how it plays out.  My first organic max champ 4*?  Spider-Woman!  No idea why she managed to make it so high.  I think she was one of the first featured back in the limited vaulting era of 4* tokens, so I must have pulled a lot of her then.  
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Did you grind a 3* Thanos to max champ at all? Or maybe more than once? Otherwise I couldn’t guess lol
  • Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 718 Critical Contributor
    I currently have 48 max 4*s, coming at a steady clip these days. 

However, I just noticed that poor old Invisible Woman, the 2nd oldest 4*, is stuck at 365.  X Wolv #2 is at 380 and Nick Fury #2 has 6 covers.  IW was out in Dec 2013 - so hopefully when she's 9 years old she might be max champed!

Cap Marvel #2 is at 301, my highest dupe - she benefitted from the new 12 token bonus and from being good! 
  • dramatist
    dramatist Posts: 218 Tile Toppler
    I fairly recently max champed Yondu as my first max champ that I never chased. When it happened I was like, huh, Yondu. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited September 2022
    Man; organic purple for Black Suit out of classic this morning so he only needs 250 shards to complete now. Iron Spider is at 325, so 13 till completion. I’ll probably wait on that November feature though and do Ock next to let things fall a bit more naturally into place.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Archangel is at 4/4/4, so now I’m waiting on that daily reward cover. Moved my 4* over to Carnage to chase doc Ock.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    371st lockjaw. Can’t make this stuff up. #ThanksRNGeezus
  • rainkingucd
    Just maxed out 4* Widow.  My 5* Widow is now 4/4/4 with ~350 shards (after the upcoming Miles' PVP placement rewards).  I could target 5* Widow to get the last few shards and finish her, but seeing as my unfinished classics (Odin, Sersei, Ronan, and Havok) are all unfed, and 4* She-Hulk is not in tokens yet, there's not really a better 4* to target at this point.  

I guess I'll finish 5* Widow via duped 4* rewards.  

Havok is my current 5* target as he is 2/3/4 with 450 shards, and a new feeder will have a ways to go to finish him.  I think once I get him up to 10 covers, I'll switch over to KK and finish her.  She's 5/2/5 with 365 shards, and not sure if she'll get another feature before she leaves.  With DocThor already champed, and Chasm just about at 10 covers, I can rebuild my resources instead of trying to pull a Green KK cover. 

After KK, if Odin still doesn't have a feeder, he'll be next as he's less than 250 shards from being finished.