Character Rebalance - The Hulk (Bruce Banner)

1235»

Comments

• Glockoma
    Glockoma Posts: 548 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2022
    Anyone else observing some Gamma Ray malfunctioning? The transformation into green tiles seems to be arbitrary at random times; anywhere from 0-3 tiles converted. Is this intended (I think not, but maybe I’m reading things wrong)? 

• Glockoma
  • Heartbreaksoup
    Heartbreaksoup Posts: 352 Mover and Shaker
    I think this rebalance is one of the best the game's ever had, and I certainly like collecting AP from the Hulk's matches.
  • Yoik
    Yoik Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    I have enjoyed using the new rebalanced hulk, it is genuinely for me a valid choice now. I have been pairing him with Thor for his board mix up at 50%. Both that and the hulks green generation means the other guy is out usually within 3 or 4 goes. as he is currently boosted its a 26k ish aoe for 7 ap. his damage reduction on banner is noticeable too . i do not like using the black so much despite its obvious attacking potential as i dont like hitting myself ( stop hitting yourself ) aside from that really good.
  • Glockoma
    Yoik said:
    I have enjoyed using the new rebalanced hulk, it is genuinely for me a valid choice now. I have been pairing him with Thor for his board mix up at 50%. Both that and the hulks green generation means the other guy is out usually within 3 or 4 goes. as he is currently boosted its a 26k ish aoe for 7 ap. his damage reduction on banner is noticeable too . i do not like using the black so much despite its obvious attacking potential as i dont like hitting myself ( stop hitting yourself ) aside from that really good.
    There is a bit of a team forming to optimize the attack tiles. Someone recently posted a team comp of Banner wtith Doom and IM to add the two other heavy fists; while boosted, this results in nearly 25k per tick and if you grab a couple of supports with “% remove enemy tiles” modifier, you can watch that risk diminish immensely compared to its benefit.

cheers
  • Kwahder
    Kwahder Posts: 173 Tile Toppler
    Banner’s blue passive tends to remove enemy attack tiles, which can be annoying in a mirror match.

Anyway, yes, this update is a success. Banner has been moved from ‘never use’ to ‘use when boosted’.
  • Deku_Scrub
    Deku_Scrub Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    Pvp was a real pain with him
  • purplemur
    purplemur Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    Well done! 
    Thank you for taking the time and consideration to work out the kinks. I think the healthpool is a great example of beneficent decision making; it is in players advantage but works better this way so keep it positive! 
    I know BC is the new devs and deserve their own shine, but I have to compare and contrast to the ex. Always knew how petty and vindictive they were, all my friends were like why are you still with that game? The relationship was boring and felt obligatory, I was drifting…. Then we start being with the new devs and its like wait some partners listen to why I am upset with something that has been wrong for years? They make it easier to cosplay, they support you during Boss Events(DURING-not grey rock and tinykitty off- they payed attention then on a weekend coming in and fixing it!!), they are way more generous and we have long conversations that stretch deep into the thread. even the heavy new level of bundles are sweet! I am actually, genuinely looking forward to the discount on Kitty’s jacket and Lady in Red!
    Keep up the great work! 

Please don’t wait for Quantumania. Hope for tomorrow. 
  • TriSentinel
    TriSentinel Posts: 134 Tile Toppler
    edited September 2022
    4* Clue: Transpaleo

Sauron?

• IrisRyu
    IrisRyu Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    4* Clue: Transpaleo

Sauron?

I’m praying to the sweet RNG Gods that you’re right! Sauron at the 3* through 5* levels would be dope. I suspect Devs are looking to introduce new characters at the three levels of play to enhance the individuatiers, but who knows? Can’t wait for September updates!
  • Glockoma

It’s been long enough, any Favorite partners for Bruce?