Character Rebalance - The Hulk (Bruce Banner)

Comments

• Zalasta
    Zalasta Posts: 264 Mover and Shaker
    I played around with him this morning and found him kind of interesting.

One thing that I did notice, and I hope someone can confirm, was that I ended the match in Hulk form at about half health. When I went to start a new match, Banner had half health. I would have thought the character would have Banner's health at the end of the match, and not Hulks.
  • marvel075
    marvel075 Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    Zalasta said:

One thing that I did notice, and I hope someone can confirm, was that I ended the match in Hulk form at about half health. When I went to start a new match, Banner had half health. I would have thought the character would have Banner's health at the end of the match, and not Hulks.
    Yeah, thats because they technically share the same health pool, but that also means if banner has like 100 health left, and you transform into hulk, he regains ALL his health back, and when that battle is over, he keeps it. So he's definitely a health pack saver, as long as you don't die while Bruce before you can transform.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2022
    I'm using him in PVE with Sighclops on the SCL10 5e node, and I really like this team up as a pick two. With a proper yellow battery in 3rd slot, or even Carbage for that additional match, I'd probably run this in Simulator. 
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2022
    It's interesting to remind that carnage needs 4 enemy special tiles for his extra match.
    Hulk's red passive destroys them, so carnage, depending on the foes, gazes at hulk with an evil intent.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    That's true, but Carbage will have about 5 turns of producing them before you turn into hulk, so it'll probably balance out.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2022
    Carnage only produces 4 attack tiles, if the enemy doesn't have. Then, if there are 4 or more, he proc with extra move.
    If there aren't, he produces 2 more.
    Hulk probably will have 2 chances on his turn to destroy 1 special enemy tile and mess up carnage extra move. 
    Then carnage will produce 2 attack tiles at the start of turn and hulk probably will have another 2 chances (the extra move and the one he will tank) to mess up carnage again. 
    (I'm talking on hypothetical mode because of course I don't have a champed Banner)
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited August 2022
    So I just took Banner/Carbage into the red hulk PVP and found an unboosted Heimdall/Shang-Chi team to go up against. Banner’s passive green add actually fought Carbage’s auto turn pretty effectively until he transformed into Hulk. After that happened, there was a lot of cascade action between the two of them. I would say about 60% of the time I got two auto matches, but even if I didn’t the board was moving quite a bit and flooding with friendly attacks. It works, but wasn’t really fast in that setting. Wanda’s boost week isn’t a great time to explore a cascade team though.
  • Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 556 Critical Contributor
    So unconventionally, I've been running Banner with Sersi recently. Sersi limits green, which means you hit the team with a few passive 5k hits while littering the board with greens.

It doesn't seem to slow down the transformation and it's a good cheap 15k of damage (potentially more).

• DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,368 Chairperson of the Boards
    marvel075 said:
    Zalasta said:

Yeah, thats because they technically share the same health pool, but that also means if banner has like 100 health left, and you transform into hulk, he regains ALL his health back, and when that battle is over, he keeps it. So he's definitely a health pack saver, as long as you don't die while Bruce before you can transform.
    I'm fairly certain if you want to save health packs you would be playing different characters :mrgreen:
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,310 Site Admin
    marvel075 said:
    Zalasta said:

Intended functionality. Doing it this way also fixes issues that he had being an enemy in wave nodes, so he can actually be used there and not have knock on effects on those. But as a result, the health pool is kinda/sorta merged. We figured it worked best to keep it that way.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    He is definitely more viable now than he has ever been. He could stand to dish a tad more damage on green as Hulk but I’ve been playing him a good amount. 
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2022
    He is definitely more viable now than he has ever been. He could stand to dish a tad more damage on green as Hulk but I’ve been playing him a good amount. 
    I like this rebalance now. Especially with the healing on transformation, he can really take a lot of beating. 
    I am using Banner-Gargantos-HE in sims now. Gargantos-HE need no mention, but the problem I have is that when Gar goes invisible, it leaves the other members being whittled down. 
    But with banner turning to hulk, hulk tanks most of the colour for HE. I have no worry about hulk taking damage, because hey, if he dies, banner gets back to full health. He offered a totally different playing style now. 
    I also like that the 5* hulks have all some manner of coming back to life, but all in their own ways. 
    Dev, thanks for this new banner!! 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    That’s a good team. I’ve been using him with Sighclops/Carbage. It takes a little getting going, but you can use Banner’s black to kickstart the auto turn while chasing green, and then mostly just chase yellow and green for Sighclops so he can pump up all the matches and stun on green. I prefer his red to Carbage’s, but since hulk’s health pool is semi virtual I feel less bad about using the self harm in a pinch.
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    I tried with Carbage before, but I found that I can’t generate enough enemy SAP for Carbage ‘extra’ turn to take effect. Sometimes Banner passive destroy the enemy SAP, sometimes Hulk passive destroy the enemy SAP (the one which he matches a colour, and it destroy an additional tile of the same colour, prioritising SAP).
    Using Sighclops is interesting as the match damage can really be pumped up. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Use Eddie Brock: guaranteed free matches for Carbage.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2022
    Solid rework, good job.
    Banner transforming now is an "oh God" moment instead of "eh" now.
  • Glockoma
    Glockoma Posts: 548 Critical Contributor
    Bowgentle said:
    Solid rework, good job.
    Banner transforming now is an "oh God" moment instead of "eh" now.
    I concur, job well done.
  • tonypq
    tonypq Posts: 549 Critical Contributor
    Is there going to be a store with Banner and other Hulks ?

Thought I read somewhere there would be, I could  be wrong but I can't seem to find the thread or post. 
  • IrisRyu
    IrisRyu Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    Yep, Banner and iHulk will be featured in iShulk’s introductory store on the 1st.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    atomzed said:
    I tried with Carbage before, but I found that I can’t generate enough enemy SAP for Carbage ‘extra’ turn to take effect. Sometimes Banner passive destroy the enemy SAP, sometimes Hulk passive destroy the enemy SAP (the one which he matches a colour, and it destroy an additional tile of the same colour, prioritising SAP).
    Using Sighclops is interesting as the match damage can really be pumped up. 
    Using him with Sighclops and Thor is pretty good too. Thor’s tile break is based on match damage, so it starts to stack pretty high as well.