Please clarify Boosting system!

I really would like to get a handle on this boost system and really don't feel like spending my ISO to buy rediculous amounts of boosts to calculate this myself (which could be done). Maybe the Admins/Programmers can give us a quick summary???

Can someone please, please, please explain the TARGET LOCK boosts?

Question 1: Can we please get a character "type" list? This way we know what boosts to use on which characters.

Question 2: Is there more than one "type" for a particular character?

Question 3: Do TARGET LOCK boosts stack? (Assuming that Q.2 is "Yes" )

Here's my thoughts and examples...

Relating to Question 1:

Let's assume that you're facing Juggernaut. Which boosts will impact him? According to his comic history, he is human - not a mutant (although in the movies they make him appear to be a mutant). He isn't an Avenger, Dark Avenger, Maggia, or H.A.M.M.E.R. etc... ALTHOUGH he briefly was with the X-Men. Are there any current boots that impact Juggernaut?

Same thing with Loki. Loki is a God and not a mutant, etc... His cover just says "Dark Reign" on it. Does this mean that it is the same as Venom (Dark Avengers Spider-Man)? Would Loki be affected by a Dark Avengers boost?

Relating to Questions 2/3:

Lets look at the 2* Wolverine (Astonishing X-Men). The cover clearly says "X-Men" so the "X-Men" boost should help against him. BUT he is also allowed to be used in the "Avengers Only" PvP tourney. So I'm assuming that he is an "Avenger Type" as well? To compound this, Wolverine is also a mutant and should be affected by the mutant boost, correct?

So, if I face someone with Wolverine and use the X-Men, Avengers, and Mutant boosts will they all impact him and do they stack?

Meaning, is it only a 20% boost against him regardless of which boost I use? OR do they "straight stack" to form a 60% attack boost (100 attack becomes 160) ? OR is it a "compounding stack" where they multiply on the previous boost ( 100 attack + 20% Boost = 120 -> 120 attack + 20% Boost = 144 -> 144 attack + 20% Boost = 173 ).

That is a lot of potential variation and would greatly impact my gameplay strategy.

I know this is a lot to take in, but I really think this should be clarified before the game gets too involved.

Requested Solutions:

-Could you please clarify if/how boosts stack

-Can character (cover specific) affiliations be added to the "bio" page for each character? (referring to the last page of the cover summary in "Collection")

Many thanks in advance!!!!

Comments

• Actually Question 3 needs to be answered regardless of the answer to Question 2 as things like +25% crits may or may not stack with things like +20% damage Red/Yellow or +20% Hammer, etc. icon_e_smile.gif

As to which boosts work against which characters, I assumed they only work against characters specifically named that type of character (ie. Hammer only works against the Hammer goons, not against any supervillians who happen to work for Hammer). I'm under the assumption that each cover only has one named boost that works against them...but these are assumptions and I'd love to know if I'm correct or not. icon_e_smile.gif

All in all, I have the same questions and would like some clarifications as well.

+1 to your idea for:
    Juggerlo wrote:
    -Can character (cover specific) affiliations be added to the "bio" page for each character? (referring to the last page of the cover summary in "Collection")
  • I tested the X-Men and Avengers Booster against Wolverine and they stack somehow (dont know if +40% or +44%) but they do.
  • Mommson wrote:
    I tested the X-Men and Avengers Booster against Wolverine and they stack somehow (dont know if +40% or +44%) but they do.

Hmm... I was almost certain that they stacked from previoius experiences but I wasn't 100% sure.

I'm not really sure if I like that idea or not. Wolverine (2*) is decent enough, but if he can be attacked with 3x compounding boosts, that really makes for uneven gameplay.

If that is the case, I can see people abandoning the 2* Wolverine covers. Also gives a HUGE advantage to those attacking a 4* Wolverine too.
  • Dninot
    Dninot Posts: 214
    The boosts aren't unlimited though right, unless you buy them. Even then, I'm not going to plan my strategy or bank account around hunting for Wolverines.
  • Mommson wrote:
    I tested the X-Men and Avengers Booster against Wolverine and they stack somehow (dont know if +40% or +44%) but they do.

I just checked it myself. I used the Avengers and Mutant boosts. It ended up being a 40% boost and was not compounded. Well... at least one minor mystery is solved.
  • Note that you can get at least +40% against any character (PvP or PvE) with a "type" boost and a "color" boost.

In theory you can get up to +60% against some covers, if they are members of multiple teams (such as Wolverine above).

And don't forget that you can do +40% and then +20% critical or +10% all color matches. Those don't affect powers, but if you're doing 2k+ damage with a critical match then it doesn't matter that much anymore.
  • Thanks for asking this question, I was wondering that myself. And thanks to others for the information, too. icon_e_smile.gif

Also...
    Dninot wrote:
    The boosts aren't unlimited though right, unless you buy them. Even then, I'm not going to plan my strategy or bank account around hunting for Wolverines.
    ...out of context you sound like a crazy person. icon_lol.gif
  • Can anybody provide some input for Questions 1 & 2?

I'm not a comic book person. This game just accidentally sucked me in when I downloaded it to show my boyfriend. (Now I'm addicted and he's still never played it...) So I have no idea what characters the Target Lock Boosts are good for, except for the X-Men, some Avengers and Dark Avengers ones. And that's from vague movie memories. I realize that I've basically been wasting my boosts cuz I never use them since I don't know who they're for. Yet I'm constantly winning more and they're capped at 10. So I've just been wasting overflow since I started playing.

- HAMMER and Maggia are only NPCs?

- Who qualifies as Brotherhood, Mutants and Doombots?

I just read this on the Wiki:
    "When battling Wolverine (Astonishing X-Men) the following Target Locks can be activated: +20% Damage to Mutants, +20% Damage to X-Men, +20% Damage to Avengers. Since this Wolverine cover is classified as a mutant and member of both the X-Men and Avengers, all three boosts will stack ( add together ) to create a +60% damage increase on all matched tiles."

I would never, ever have figured that out myself. icon_rolleyes.gif
  • I think HAMMER and Maggia are just for the NPCs, but I don't know - do the Dark Avengers count as HAMMER as they are working with them at one point? I assume not.

Is Jugganaught a mutant? Because he isn't in the comics, but in the X-Men films he is.

Doombots - they are copies of Doctor Doom I believe. I don't think there are any in the game so far?

Brotherhood - does this refer to Brotherhood of Mutants? if it does, that would be Magneto, and I don't know who else? evil mutants basically.

There needs to be an in-game way of finding out this stuff.
  • Humphrey wrote:
    Is Jugganaught a mutant? Because he isn't in the comics, but in the X-Men films he is.

Huh? Yes he is. He's one of the earliest enemies of the X-Men, dating back to 1965. His mutant power is, well, being unstoppable.
    Humphrey wrote:
    Doombots - they are copies of Doctor Doom I believe. I don't think there are any in the game so far?

There are some in the early HAMMER missions on the left side; they're trivial even at low levels. Unless there's a future chapter w/ Doom it's a really useless boost.
    Humphrey wrote:
    Brotherhood - does this refer to Brotherhood of Mutants? if it does, that would be Magneto, and I don't know who else? evil mutants basically.

Yes. Magneto, Juggernaut, and that's it for now. Again pretty useless currently, but they need to add more villains in general.
    Humphrey wrote:
    There needs to be an in-game way of finding out this stuff.

Badly. It's been requested frequently in these forums.
  • Zathrus wrote:
    Humphrey wrote:

Huh? Yes he is. He's one of the earliest enemies of the X-Men, dating back to 1965. His mutant power is, well, being unstoppable.
    I meant he wasn't a mutant in the comics, not that he wasn't in the comics. In the comics he found a magic gem that made him unstoppable, it's not from a mutation.