OKTAGON Q&A Session - July 2022 *UPDATE (8/17/22)

Options
Magic:PQ Support Team
Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,278 Chairperson of the Boards
edited August 2022 in MtGPQ General Discussion

Answers

1. Are there plan to develop more chapters for Story Mode? Maybe regarding all these new Planewalkers? Keep up the good work and take care, fellas, love this game. <3
    Answer: Thanks for the feedback! At the moment we don't have any plans related to this but we have shared your suggestion with the development team.

2. Can you please make the AI/Greg capable of actually ending a loop using the Loop Prevention System instead of ignoring it and looping indefinitely like it does today? This would take care of quite a lot of the problems you face when you make fantastic cards that might have unintentional looping effects with specific pairings, most recently like the Angel of Suffering/Angrath interaction that would cause an endless loop only because the AI wouldn't stop the loop when prompted.
    Answer: Thanks for the feedback! We have shared this with the development team.

3. I wonder if you can develop a lite-setting, which disabled all sfx and animation, so chance for crashing would be less and drain less memory.
    Answer: Thanks for the suggestion, we don't have any plans on that yet, but we will definitely consider your feedback!

4. One of the frustrations of this game is the inconsistent application of "auto-casting" for cards.  For example, why does "Wrath of God" prompt for casting, while "Ondu Inversion" does not?  Why does "Blood on the Snow" prompt for casting, while "Mutilate" does not?  I realize that, for some cards, auto-casting is in place to prevent the AI opponent from never casting the card.  But for the human player, having your board wiped out because you didn't realize (or remember) the card would auto-cast is incredibly frustrating. One of the important aspects of the paper Magic: the Gathering game is the player's ability to control their cards. Why is the such an inconsistency with cards that auto-cast versus not?  Has there been any thought over providing a visual cue to indicate that a card will auto-cast?  How hard would it be to implement a setting for the human play to "disable auto-casting for all cards"?
    Answer:  Thank you for sending us your question!  Some of the most recent cards that may affect the player negatively offer prompts, but we weren't yet able to apply this design directive to all cards. There is also a way to disable auto-cast in the hand, please make sure to check the FAQ about “How to disable a card in your hand” here.

5. Will there be a new duel decks event? I really enjoyed them when they ran, and they offer fun and fresh mini-sets. Also, what is the plan with SNC Vanguards? There are only 4 cards, all Mythic, but as of July 26 (the day Dakkon, the final PW from the set is released) there are still no SNC Vanguards available. What's the plan for releasing them?
    Answer: There are only 4 Vanguard Cards total in Streets of New Capenna (SNC). All 4 are available as exclusive cards in the event Battle from the Ages. This event will be scheduled soon again. Stay tuned and make sure to participate next time!

6. I've noticed that, for the past several sets, many of the cards that destroys or exiles a targeted creature have had the qualifier "opposing" added to each card.  When compared to the MtG paper equivalent card, there is no such qualifier.  Examples of such are "Finishing Blow", "Bleed Dry", "Eat to Extinction", "Silence the Believers", and so on. Conversely, cards that were released in Ixalan or prior sets didn't have this condition.  In addition to limiting game strategy - there are some instances where destroying my own creature works to my benefit - this feels like a workaround for the issue where the AI targets its own creatures.  What was the motivation behind this design decision?
    Answer: Thank you for sending us your question! Since the implementation of Imminent Death, cards that allow giving Imminent Death to own creatures have been prioritized in order to work with death trigger benefitted strategies.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hi everyone,

How are you?
Here's another Q&A SESSION.
We will answer the questions posted by July 25th, so please send your questions and doubts HERE.
Make sure to submit only 2-3 questions maximum, this way the team is able to focus and will try to answer all questions in a given month.

Thank you for all the support,
Rebeca

Comments

• Sentheian
    Sentheian Posts: 22 Just Dropped In
    edited July 2022
    Options
    With the last new event, there were a Lot of ppl saying they hate pajama man. For pw to have static abilities is a little op, they should have been vanguards, seeing how you guys nerfed an angle recently, will you also nerf the pma pws? 
  • TIMEWARP
    TIMEWARP Posts: 80 Match Maker
    Options
    Hi Rebeca, could you have the team implement an easy way to search for dual or triple multicolor cards in the card filters? Currently selecting multiple colors gives you all cards that contain those colors. I would like see an option where selecting 3 colors will only give you cards with those exact 3 colors. Thanks
  • KrizzB
    KrizzB Posts: 92 Match Maker
    Options
    Can you please make the AI/Greg capable of actually ending a loop using the Loop Prevention System instead of ignoring it and looping indefinitely like it does today? 
    This would take care of quite a lot of the problems you face when you make fantastic cards that might have unintentional looping effects with specific pairings, most recently like the Angel of Suffering/Angrath interaction that would cause an endless loop only because the AI wouldn't stop the loop when prompted.
  • TBronx
    TBronx Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Good Morning,

Can we get a button that filters standard cards in 1 click?  I also like the multi-colored button idea as well. Finally, Fthbthb twice a week, every week please and thanks.  I want all the full art cards.  

Yours truly,
    GatorChomp
  • stikxs
    stikxs Posts: 518 Critical Contributor
    Options
    There is https://forums.d3go.com/categories/mtgpq-suggestions-feedback though I'm not sure it ever gets looked at.
  • BongoTheGrey
    BongoTheGrey Posts: 345 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    What was the thought process behind creating Ajani, Invigorate Leadership? It is the most unbalanced thing ever created in Magic Puzzle Quest. You get has gem conversion, evasion, targeted berserker that ignores flying/non-flying, lifelink, double strike, prevent damage, and the ability to trigger constellation and alliance nearly for free every turn. The fourth best max health on the 100+ Planeswalker roster, amazing mana bonus and a super versatile creatures/spells/supports spread. You get all that just by selecting it as your Planeswalker on any node. Since he is a Planeswalker he will never leave Standard. Since I'm not a game developer I'm curious, how is that healthy for this game?
  • versemage
    versemage Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Ajani can be fixed with one simple change without making him too weak: swap out Prevent Damage with another evergreen such as reach (which would fit the flavor a little better since the picture for Ajani's Leadership is a bola, but nowhere near as powerful as Prevent Damage) or my personal choice: Hexproof (even though it isn't really a white ability). 
  • Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,278 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    (8/17/22) UPDATE - Answers 
    Thank you all for participating 🧡, the August Q&A has already started here.
    Rebeca
  • Janosik
    Janosik Posts: 322 Mover and Shaker
    edited August 2022
    Options
    1. I've noticed that, for the past several sets, many of the cards that destroys or exiles a targeted creature have had the qualifier "opposing" added to each card.  When compared to the MtG paper equivalent card, there is no such qualifier.  Examples of such are "Finishing Blow", "Bleed Dry", "Eat to Extinction", "Silence the Believers", and so on. Conversely, cards that were released in Ixalan or prior sets didn't have this condition.  In addition to limiting game strategy - there are some instances where destroying my own creature works to my benefit - this feels like a workaround for the issue where the AI targets its own creatures.  What was the motivation behind this design decision?
      Answer: Thank you for sending us your question! Since the implementation of Imminent Death, cards that allow giving Imminent Death to own creatures have been prioritized in order to work with death trigger benefitted strategies

But death trigger benefitted strategies are not the primary concern of players when considering these types of cards.

We would still like cards which destroy creatures, like "Finishing Blow", "Bleed Dry", "Eat to Extinction", "Silence the Believers", and so on, to be able to target our own creatures.

Cards like these are more useful to play in coalition events, we include them in our decks because we would like to kill opposing creatures in the vast majority of games we play. This is the primary use of these cards. They are played more often than combo cards which only kill our own creatures for beneficial effects.

But an important, secondary use of these cards is to kill our own creatures if we discover we are winning the game too quickly, which would cause us to fail an objective, which would cause us to drop many places down the event leaderboard and lose prizes.

Please make less targetted creature kill spells which only target an opponent's creature.
  • jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    But still give Greg the ability to not kill his own creatures like a total goober