MPQ What's New August (Updated 8/23/22)

Comments

• jsmjsmjsm00
    jsmjsmjsm00 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    Will this release line up with the show? 
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 950 Critical Contributor
    Is it time for the She-Hulk show tie-in?
    Hulkamania's running wild for the month of August. Are Cho and MEH going to continue this craze till early September? Unfortunately, there isn't any green smiley in this forum.

Something borrowed, something green...

It got to be Abomination.
    Emil Blonsky is a former special-ops commander of the British Royal Marines who was loaned to SOCOM. In his efforts to capture Hulk, Thaddeus Ross recruited Blonsky and had him injected with a variant of the Super Soldier Serum. After losing to Hulk during a battle at Culver University, Blonsky had himself transfused with Banner's gamma-irradiated blood, causing him to transform into the Hulk-sized Abomination.
    Abomination isn't green, is he?
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,192 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, gotta be She-Hulk.  Got her powers through blood transfusion (borrowed) and is definitely green...
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2022
    She-Hulk is out on August 17. Our next two release dates are August 11 and 25. 

Why do people say Abomination isn't green?  :o

The Abomination is a beast similar in size to The Hulk. He has a humanlike face, and is a dark green color.

• MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 950 Critical Contributor
    Abomination looks kind of yellowish-brown in the MCU.
  • nixed
    nixed Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    Heroic Gorr event on the calendar... this is slightly terrifying to me. 
  • HoundofShadow
    edited August 2022
    There're only two answers: She-Hulk and Abomination. The one in She-Hulk trailer looks green to me, but it could be due to lighting.

And Heroic Gorr is going to be a cakewalk. I remember BRB and Dr Thor being part of the loaners with 3/3/3 build. You have two meta loaners for use. 
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was going to guess Hobgoblin for the Spidey anniversary tie-in. Like a borrowed glider? But that's borrowed *from* someone green.

She-Hulk makes a lot of sense, but I was hoping we'd get a 5* closer to her show's release.
  • HoundofShadow
    PvE time has been corrected many hours ago. Hopefully, they note down all those mistakes that they have made.  :D
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    PvE time has been corrected many hours ago. Hopefully, they note down all those mistakes that they have made.  :D
    Why ? When a half dozen people here do it for them . 
  • HoundofShadow
    edited August 2022
    They won't be able to know the steps needed to solve the problem.  :D 
    None of us know the steps except for the dev team.
  • 658_2
    658_2 Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    Davidk777 said:
    Too bad Yelena Belova boost week is now with Shang-Chi and not Doom. I mean the 1 thing she dose well, she now can't do. Same with Carnage. 
    Havoc teams you have been warn, Yelena is coming for you.
    Boosted Yelena owns unboosted SC, punishes and disrupts him. I assume she’ll still be quite disruptive to
    him with both boosted
  • Davidk777
    Davidk777 Posts: 76 Match Maker
    658_2 said:
    Davidk777 said:
    Too bad Yelena Belova boost week is now with Shang-Chi and not Doom. I mean the 1 thing she dose well, she now can't do. Same with Carnage. 
    Boosted Yelena owns unboosted SC, punishes and disrupts him. I assume she’ll still be quite disruptive to
    him with both boosted

You exaggerate at bit as far as owning a unboosted SC. The thing is SC is boosted is this week. First in class needs 9ap or more. SC moves are 7ap, 7ap and a passive. In other words.
    SC>Yelena 
    Ps. By a lot lol
  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,007 Chairperson of the Boards
    658_2 said:
    Davidk777 said:
    him with both boosted
    This may be true with a player controlled yelena vs an AI shang chi, but the other way around the player will have shang going winfinite before yelena can do anything. 
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    Boosted Shang is untouchable. Every critical match is a One Punch . I can see why whales clear a grind in under 30 minutes . It’s bittersweet my play time will be 50% this week . The CN was 3-5 moves
  • CharlieLima
    CharlieLima Posts: 112 Tile Toppler
    IceIX said:
    Haven't forgotten about this, it'll get updated tomorrow (8/10). Waiting on a key piece of confirmation about next week's stuff.
    Much obliged! Thanks for the update about the update!
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    And updated! Includes Bonus 4-Star's clue: Work/Life Balance
  • LucasRaven
    LucasRaven Posts: 47 Just Dropped In
    Well this has got to be the easiest new character to guess. The only thing missing from the clue is "PS: She's green too!"
  • Chirus
    Chirus Posts: 191 Tile Toppler
    Is oscorp spidey going to be the required character two events in a row for PVE? Jus making sure this isn't a typo.