Do you buy ISO?

Astrolad
Astrolad Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
I am coming up on day 2000 and I can say I have never bought ISO in this game. I do spend money. But I can’t see the value in ISO. 

78,000 ISO is roughly what I gain in 2 days of play. At $100 for 2 days supply, it is just not worth it. If I am gong to spend that much, it should be a months supply (about 1M). 

So I am wondering if other players see value in buying ISO. 

Comments

• WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 693 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2022
    I do when it goes on sale.  The 10x bonus and the other offers(specifics are escaping my mind) are pretty good deals.  I don't buy them every time, but it's only those times that I'll buy Iso now.

There is definitely a value to purchasing Iso, but 78k for $100 isn't it.  There's an offer on the offers page that gives 60k Iso plus a boat load of other resources for $49.99.  That's how I know 78 for 100 is a pretty raw deal.  
  • scottishhaig
    scottishhaig Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
    I do when it goes on sale.  The 10x bonus and the other offers(specifics are escaping my mind) are pretty good deals.  I don't buy them every time, but it's only those times that I'll buy Iso now.

There is definitely a value to purchasing Iso, but 78k for $100 isn't it.  There's an offer on the offers page that gives 60k Iso plus a boat load of other resources for $49.99.  That's how I know 78 for 100 is a pretty raw deal.  
    Same for me.  The 'standard' ISO cost is ridiculous.  I'm curious as to who did the cost versus reward analysis for that piece (certainly not the current devs).  Sales are the only time I consider buying ISO.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    The original intention when the game started was that ISO was prohibitively priced on purpose.
    They don't want people buying ISO, they want people to play to earn it.
  • Ptahhotep
    Ptahhotep Posts: 414 Mover and Shaker
    I have never bought ISO, purple or red (unless you count any included in a bundle). But, I do remember when you could purchase tokens with it and I don’t think the price has changed since then.
  • hilsen2
    hilsen2 Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    Before Saved covers, people may have been incentivized to buy iso if they had an expiring cover that needed iso to be champed.

I personally would have still let the cover expire before spending $100, but some whale out there may not care about the cost.

That is the only explanation I could possibly think of.

My first $100 spent on this game was for 20 roster spots because I went crazy on LLs and had 20 4* covers expiring without slots. The FOMO gets you.
  • Timemachinego
    Timemachinego Posts: 428 Mover and Shaker
    I'd MAYBE think about buying it if they increased the exchange to like 100x what it is now, I still need ISO but the exchange rate is terrible.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,903 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2022
    When they have a 10x sale the exchange isn't terrible.

If you are the original poster and making 78K in 2 days then the 10x sale means 20 days worth of ISO. If you play 3 hours a day (which I assume you are if are grinding for that much ISO) that's 60 hrs time saved for 100 bucks or about $1.50 per hour.

KGB
  • Timemachinego
    Timemachinego Posts: 428 Mover and Shaker
    KGB said:
    When they have a 10x sale the exchange isn't terrible.

If you are the original poster and making 78K in 2 days then the 10x sale means 20 days worth of ISO. If you play 3 hours a day (which I assume you are if are grinding for that much ISO) that's 60 hrs time saved for 100 bucks or about $1.50 per hour.

KGB
    I'll admit your final figure makes it look more tempting, but the main problem is that eventually we all go "post-iso" so there's no need to spend there, we'll all hit it some day with diligent play. HP pressures grow and now seemingly increase (with bonus 4s and upcoming new 3 releases) so there's much more incentive to at least think about the best deals on that (like the 2x deals).

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,379 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2022
    Going post ISO takes real work and dedication. Literally years of farming, and if you happen to champ a 5 during that time your progression will get set back roughly one month.

A good iso buy like earlier this year at 20x or roughly 1.5 mill can save a person months of farming. It’s not a terrible buy when on sale if you have dozens of 4s ready to be champed.

The buys clearly depend on the user and their roster.

An iso buy is like a jump for rosters who are still stuck champing their 4*s
  • Astrolad
    Astrolad Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    It would take nearly $500 to get enough ISO to champ just 1 4*. For a 5*, the cost is more than $700. That is steep. Even worse when your need is in the millions to take care of all your 4 and 5*. 

My point is I would spend on ISO if it were reconfigured. I wanted to pop in here to see if the devs are making anything the way it stands now.  
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,191 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've never spent a dime on ISO only transactions. It's not worth it.

If you could buy 1 million for 10 bucks, maybe.
  • Rod5
    Rod5 Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    There needs to be some sort of limiting factor on progress - ie not a total p2w…the good news is if you really want to get post-iso you only have to grind all forms of the game every single day for 3-4 years.
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 975 Critical Contributor
    No. Never worth it IMO.
  • EienRyuu
    EienRyuu Posts: 78 Match Maker
    I have currently 16 850 952 Purple Iso... xDD So basically 16 mil. xD And I am a new player, I have played every day for about an year somewhat (it says that I am on day 1010 right now).

So no, I have NEVER needed to buy Iso. Though I would like the red one more if it ever goes on sale since supports gets quite expensive and it goes beyond the amount I currently have.

Hero points are tempting me as well since *sign* slots are always needed....
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,529 Chairperson of the Boards
    Never bought ISO, never will.
    Took me 3.5 years to become ISO-positive and at no point did I ever consider buying ISO.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    3.5 years played , took 2 years to save several million ISO, but with the new devs and the generosity of giving 5* more easily plus pulling at 22% for the last 3 months I’m down to 100k ISO. I will champ Kamala and IHulk next week , my 24th and 25th , and then I’m gone with zero ISO remaining at end.
  • Akoni
    Akoni Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    I've never spent on ISO only. The value on ISO isn't as high as hero points for me. I use the HP for slots and shields. The iso only has one purpose and it runs out lightening fast due to the amount needed. I changed my champing strategy so I have plenty of ISO right now. I don't foresee needing to purchase ISO in the future, even with the deals. Maybe if the ISO sale was bigger I'd consider it, but it would have to be a very significant sale.
  • Heartstone
    Heartstone Posts: 232 Tile Toppler
    I've never spent a dime on ISO only transactions. It's not worth it.

If you could buy 1 million for 10 bucks, maybe.

Exactly that!
    I would like to get more ISO (>100 characters waiting to be level-upped), but the price is ridiculous. Even the 10x or 20x promotions are too expensive for what you get.
    So yes, 10$ for a million would be a "buy once in a while", just to relieve the pressure.