**** Spider-Man (Oscorp) ****

IceIX
IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,308 Site Admin
edited August 2022 in Character Details

Spider-Man (Oscorp)
4-Star Rarity 
Affiliations: Heroes, Spider-Verse, Enhanced, Geniuses

"Spider-Man in an Oscorp suit? What’s ol’ Normie up to? Are those Pumpkin Bombs?! Your Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man’s built a new suit with an old enemy - would love to have been a spider on the wall for THAT conversation! Speaking of spiders, turns out they’re not Pumpkin Bombs - they’re Oscorp Egg Bombs, filled with nano-spiders to creep out evildoers and arachnophobes everywhere! But that’s not all - this Spider-Man comes with a limited-time Oscorp Deluxe 3-in-1 Glider, Backpack and Rover! Whatever he’s up to, Spidey’s got some new tech that we’re sure he’ll use responsibly."

(Abilities listed at level 70, followed by 270)
4223 Health / 15642 Health

10 | 42 | 37 | 33 | 3 | 2 | 23 | 4.0x
 13 | 85 | 74 | 65 | 12 | 11 | 43 | 4.0x

Special Delivery: Spidey-Punch! - 7  AP
Hey, this new glider is pretty cool! Fast and... woah there! Hard to control! Sure makes my fists pack more punch though! Spider-Man deals 204 damage plus 46 for each Web tile on the board (up to 15). Converts all Web tiles to basic tiles, then creates 1 Web tile(s). (Max level 397/90 damage)
  • Level 2: Spider-Man deals 316 damage plus 92 for each Web tile on the board. (Max level 615/180 damage)
  • Level 3: Creates 2 Web tiles.
  • Level 4: Spider-Man deals 641 damage plus 138 for each Web tile on the board. (Max level 1247/270 damage)
  • Level 5: Spider-Man deals 1112 damage plus 221 for each Web tile on the board. Creates 3 Web tiles. (Max level 2164/432 damage)
Spider-Glider - 8  AP
Choose an enemy and create a 2-turn Countdown tile (Max 1). While this tile is on the board, that character's abilities are disabled, and while there are 6 or more Web tiles on the board, that character also takes 15% increased damage.

(PASSIVE) At the start of the turn, the Spider-Glider Locks 1 random enemy Trap, Countdown, or Repeater tile(s), unlocking any tiles previously Locked by this ability.
  • Level 2: Targeted character takes 20% increased damage with 5 or more Web tiles. 
  • Level 3: Creates a 3-turn Countdown tile. Targeted character takes 25% increased damage.
  • Level 4: Targeted character takes 40% increased damage with 4 or more Web tiles. Locks 2 random tiles.
  • Level 5: Creates a 4-turn Countdown tile. Targeted character takes 75% increased damage.
Oscorp Egg Bombs - 6  AP
I'm starting to see why Norman throws those pumpkin bombs all the time! Spider-Man deploys an Oscorp egg bomb, spawning 1 1-turn Spider-Bot Repeater tiles; when they activate, they move to a new random tile, leaving a Web tile behind.

(Passive) When a Spider-Bot has activated 2 times, it becomes a Trap tile that deals 93 damage, stuns the enemy for 1 turn(s), and activates all other Spider-Bot Trap tiles. Whenever Spider-Man takes 130 or more damage, he creates 1 Spider-Bot(s). (Max level 180 damage dealt, 253 damage threshold)
  • Level 2: Trap tile deals 163 damage. (Max level 315 damage)
  • Level 3: Spawns 2 Spider-Bot Repeater tiles. Trap tile deals 233 damage. (Max level 450 damage)
  • Level 4: Spawns 3 Spider-Bot Repeater tiles. Trap tile deals 326 damage. (Max level 630 damage)
  • Level 5: Trap tile deals 465 damage. Stuns the enemy for 2 turns. (Max level 900 damage)

Release Events

Story

Unstable Iso-8 - 8/11

Spider-Man (Oscorp) in Placement Rewards

Welcome to S.H.I.E.L.D. - 8/14

Spider-Man (Oscorp) shards in Progression rewards

Rewards tokens to the Spider-Man & Friends vault

Webbed Wonder 8/14

Spider-Man (Oscorp) shards in Progression rewards

Versus

Stay On Target - Bullseye (Classic) - 8/11

Spider-Man (Oscorp) shards as Placement rewards

Flyswatting - Spider-Man (Oscorp) - 8/14

Rewards tokens to the Spider-Man & Friends vault

Offers

Spider-Man & Friends Vault - 8/14 - 8/19

80 Item Vault:

• 3x 4-Stars

• 1x Spider-Man (Oscorp) cover

• 1x Anti-Venom cover

• 1x Random 4-Star cover

• 7x Tokens

• 1x Legendary token

• 1x Mighty Token

• 2x Heroic Tokens

• 3x Beginner Support tokens

• 6x Iso-8

• 1x 5,000 Iso-8

• 2x 2,500 Iso-8

• 3x 1,000 Iso-8

• 15x 3-Stars

• 3x Deadpool covers

• 12x Random 3-Star covers

• 49x 2-Stars

• 10x Captain America covers

• 39x Random 2-Star covers

Comments

• Dok12
    Dok12 Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    The "disable abilities" sounds like another passive killer at first, but is basically just a 2/4 turn stun? 
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    Dok12 said:
    The "disable abilities" sounds like another passive killer at first, but is basically just a 2/4 turn stun? 
    I love this , I don’t care as much as if a character is active especially when others like Switch retaliate . The real damage levels come from power sets . Always wanted a Leech . Disappointed I’ll miss the character ability I’ve wanted for years .
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2022
    It's more than a stun. Apocalypse, Hydra Stomper and Moon Knight can't be stunned. So, disabling their abilities allow you to stun them. On top of that, stunned characters can't make moves, but disabling their abilities still allow them to make matches.

These abilities don't read like 3* She-Hulk but the colour scheme is pretty close. However, this character doesn't destroy tiles and have high hp like your typical Hulk.

I'm not sure the point of locking certain tiles this turn and then unlocking them the following turn, except to find out enemy trap tiles. On a second look, it's a good way to slow down/shut down Wanda's or Kitty's repeaters temporarily.

The most important point is, I want to thank the dev for making trap tiles more interesting. The purple ability makes trap tiles more intimidating because it can be activated via other mechanism. The typical trap tiles typically triggers via matching or destroying them. Only America Chavez has unique way of activating trap tiles. I hope to see interesting and intimidating trap tile mechanism in 5* land.
  • HisReptilianMajesty
    HisReptilianMajesty Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    Color scheme matches three star Daredevil, and he's shown in one of the She-Hulk trailers. Trap tiles also fit the three star Daredevil scheme a bit, so I'm going to guess it's a four star Daredevil is this character and then we'll get She-Hulk as the bonus four star.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    “Disabling abilities” may in fact allow all those characters to be subsequently stunned. This one seems busy, I’ll be curious to feel how organic it all is in practice.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Those abilities do feel like 3* Daredevil's abilities: the stunning, dealing with special tiles and "traps" jumping around.

The question is, will the disabling ability cause bug because it's a new ability?  :D
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,308 Site Admin
    “Disabling abilities” may in fact allow all those characters to be subsequently stunned. This one seems busy, I’ll be curious to feel how organic it all is in practice.
    Correct. Spoiler and Polaris just surprised the heck out of a fully covered Moon Knight by stunning him in a one/two punch of ability use in testing.

• Blackstone
    Blackstone Posts: 595 Critical Contributor
    If you haven't seen multiverse of madness: do not click the spoiler button.

Strange borrowed the body of the dead other him, and the spirits that were trying to kill him. Green is the color of envy, and there were things he wanted that he couldn't have. 

Undead Dr Strange with spirit cloak doesn't seem impossible and, in my mind, would be pretty cool. Probably not the case, but I enjoy guessing. 
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    Each character always has an antidote eventually , so will a future character have a safeguard of “Character’s abilities can not be affected or canceled “?
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,191 Chairperson of the Boards
    Interesting abilities. 
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 764 Critical Contributor
    My guess would have been she hulk but the powers don’t seem to match so no idea 
  • CharlieLima
    CharlieLima Posts: 112 Tile Toppler
    I like that Blue aims specifically for Trap, Countdown, and/or Repeater tiles. If it highlights a tile as locked, though, it’ll be a dead giveaway for JJ users (<6 blue).
  • jsmjsmjsm00
    jsmjsmjsm00 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    It would be weird to get a 4* DD since the 5* DD is already based on the same portrayal of the character. I agree that the kit seems Daredevil-y though. 
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    It looks good. The good thing about these traps is that they are "free" as long as the repeater is alive, and after that conditioned to the ability.
    A 4* disabling abilities! And it's passive locking CDs, repeaters or traps! This is a power seemingly way beyond a 5* powers!.
    Another time this 4* character seems pretty relevant.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is definitely She-Hulk. The series debuts on 8/18, 3* She-Hulk is getting rebalanced, and the clue is ""Something borrowed, something green..." — the "green" should be self-explanatory, and it's Bruce's gamma-irradiated blood that is borrowed.

And the blue "
    disable" ability sounds lawyer-y, like a cease and desist.

All in all, I'm excited, for this release and the show!
  • TheVulture
    TheVulture Posts: 413 Mover and Shaker
    Yup, I think this is simply the Jennifer Walters persona of She-Hulk w/ lots of defense tiles, a 'restraining order' etc.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,569 Chairperson of the Boards
    I agree with it being She Hulk but a 4* DD in his yellow costume would also be neat.
  • Blackstone
    Blackstone Posts: 595 Critical Contributor
    This is definitely She-Hulk. The series debuts on 8/18, 3* She-Hulk is getting rebalanced, and the clue is ""Something borrowed, something green..." — the "green" should be self-explanatory, and it's Bruce's gamma-irradiated blood that is borrowed.

And the blue "disable" ability sounds lawyer-y, like a cease and desist.

All in all, I'm excited, for this release and the show!
    What is exciting you about the show?
  • liminal_lad
    liminal_lad Posts: 459 Mover and Shaker
    I was hoping TV She Hulk would be a 5 star. This definitely gives off a She Hulk vibe to me.