Your latest fun team combination

Comments

• Glockoma
    Glockoma Posts: 549 Critical Contributor
    Ghostpool is good. He can use his black to finish off Colossus. On top of that, he can stun Wanda with his red.

I actually saw someone use Elektra/Hawkeye/Gargantos.  :D

If you are looking to finish matches quickly in shield sim to clock 50 wins but not healthpack conscious, 4* Deadpool should be a nice addition. It will take you 1min 30 seconds to 1min 45 seconds against meta team of Colossus/Wanda.

@Glockoma I think Blob would probably be nice against Polaris/BRB, or are you using him as shield against cascade matches? Rogue could work as well because she jumps in front of red/green/yellow matches and her red gains 9 aps for you.
    Rogue worked okay for me, but Blob does both jobs: places his own protect out when jumping in front, which results in a 1-turn cd if it falls. Resolution of protect-turned-cd tile true heals Blob. The jump in front mechanic is invaluable to the squishy Hawkeye.

Green provides nice outlet w/board shake.

Been using him with much more success than Rogue and my Rogue is at 370 vs his 285. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    I discovered that Jane Foster's tile break treats DD5's green tile as an enemy match (doing the damage and moving the tile someplace else), so that could be a fun pair to run in future. My thor is 1/1/2, so we'll see if that becomes more fun as she gets more covers.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I went to try out to see if his damage works when fortified. The above won't work if DD's cd is fortified and then destroyed by Dr Thor. However, the fortified cd still deals damage when matched.

• MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 946 Critical Contributor
    I went to try out to see if his damage works when fortified. The above won't work if DD's cd is fortified and then destroyed by Dr Thor. However, the fortified cd still deals damage when matched.
    I tried the same with Iceman, and he wasn't stunning when she 'destroyed' his fortified blue tiles.  I used Goblin, but I don't currently recall if Iceman's repeaters did damage from Thor's tile destruction.
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,013 Chairperson of the Boards
    I tried the same with Iceman, and he wasn't stunning when she 'destroyed' his fortified blue tiles.  I used Goblin, but I don't currently recall if Iceman's repeaters did damage from Thor's tile destruction.
    It deals team damage if destroyed and is off the field. Hence “destroyed”. If it pops the tile while fortified, the tile is still there. 
  • jsmjsmjsm00
    jsmjsmjsm00 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    Both iceman's blue and green will proc when fortification is matched or destroyed on your turn. I play a lot of iceman and am familiar with the interaction.

I'm suspicious instead that MThor's tile destruction is proccing before it is officially your turn, somehow. This is why DD treats it as an enemy destruction and why iceman isn't proccing effects that happen when his team destroys his tiles. I don't have an easy way to confirm this at the moment with my undercovered MThor. 
  • MoosePrime
    Both iceman's blue and green will proc when fortification is matched or destroyed on your turn. I play a lot of iceman and am familiar with the interaction.

I'm suspicious instead that MThor's tile destruction is proccing before it is officially your turn, somehow. This is why DD treats it as an enemy destruction and why iceman isn't proccing effects that happen when his team destroys his tiles. I don't have an easy way to confirm this at the moment with my undercovered MThor. 
    DD's green does it's damage and replace thing for any destruction other than you matching it.  So if you have a targeted board destruction (like Okoye's red), you can destroy it for the damage and replacement.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    yeah, his CD behaves the way trap tiles used to once upon a time. Dar3devil's red took a pretty decent nerf when that happened.
  • jsmjsmjsm00
    edited August 2022
    I was only connecting observations made by two other people. Neither were things I saw myself, as I said. An earlier comment brought up DD interaction and stated it was treated as enemy destruction. 
  • jsmjsmjsm00
    edited August 2022
    I did just test a fortified iceman blue being destroyed by MThor and it stunned the opponent. I think you may be mistaken.

I also just confirmed that the tile destruction from MThor of Iceman's green also procs damage. I did not have any fortified at the time, but I assume it works like every other interaction and procs damage too. 
  • Captain_Trips88
    Captain_Trips88 Posts: 263 Mover and Shaker
    If it helps regarding MThor, any cascades created by her at the start of the turn add a combo point to Shang-Chi but do NOT count as a match for keeping the combo going. so if you don't make an additional match then so long combo. Has caught me out a few times!
  • primetime21
    primetime21 Posts: 90 Match Maker
    HawkEyeball is a meta pick 2 , whose the best third, Apoc?
    I don't know if "the best" but I enjoy Abigail--with all the countdown and repeaters you're constantly getting health and destroying opponent AP
  • MoosePrime
    If it helps regarding MThor, any cascades created by her at the start of the turn add a combo point to Shang-Chi but do NOT count as a match for keeping the combo going. so if you don't make an additional match then so long combo. Has caught me out a few times!
    I think that's an order of operations thing, like with the other Thor.  If you put Thor after Shang-Chi, matches made during the cascade will count for maintaining his combo points.
  • Captain_Trips88
    Captain_Trips88 Posts: 263 Mover and Shaker
    I think that's an order of operations thing, like with the other Thor.  If you put Thor after Shang-Chi, matches made during the cascade will count for maintaining his combo points.
    Same result after swapping their order around
  • Glockoma
    HawkEyeball is a meta pick 2 , whose the best third, Apoc?
    I don't know if "the best" but I enjoy Abigail--with all the countdown and repeaters you're constantly getting health and destroying opponent AP
    Don’t discount the recommendation for Blob. I can’t tell you how many wins I am receiving in Simulator, but it’s effect is far more significant than any 5* third as of now. 4* Rogue is a great option as well and was my first choice as a third. But Blob adding his own cd tiles, board shake, and impeccable bulk really acts as the defense Hawkeye needs to survive once Gargantos goes invisible. I’m sure there are some teams to make short work of this trio, but if the point is to have a balanced offense with defense against the current meta it is difficult to find a better third with Hawkeyeball. YMMV 
  • dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,379 Chairperson of the Boards
    So I have a new easy node CL10 team.  Well a replacement for my old team.

The old team was Knull Polaris and R4G.  It served me well for almost a year to power through easy nodes and some harder nodes quickly.

Well today Knull’s only purpose has been decimated.

Kamala Khan has sent him into the bench abyss.

On matching special tiles her direct damage crushes then Polaris usually wipes up the rest.

No waiting for special tile resolutions, no waiting for cooldown tiles to be generated. No more waiting for beginning of turn damage resolution.

Better yet this team work really well against non-movers on the harder nodes.

Once the board starts getting filled up KK green is just wonderful and she is also a battery to get any needed stuns off.

So goodbye Knull, may you rest in bench next to Ultron for eternity.
  • Glockoma
    dianetics said:

Haha, this gave me a chuckle
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    dianetics said:
    So I have a new easy node CL10 team.  Well a replacement for my old team.

The old team was Knull Polaris and R4G.  It served me well for almost a year to power through easy nodes and some harder nodes quickly.

Well today Knull’s only purpose has been decimated.

Kamala Khan has sent him into the bench abyss.

On matching special tiles her direct damage crushes then Polaris usually wipes up the rest.

No waiting for special tile resolutions, no waiting for cooldown tiles to be generated. No more waiting for beginning of turn damage resolution.

Better yet this team work really well against non-movers on the harder nodes.

Once the board starts getting filled up KK green is just wonderful and she is also a battery to get any needed stuns off.

Absolutely agree , found this team a few weeks ago. I’ve got her at 12.8 covers so she will be my final champ but for the future she can definitely be a new part of meta teams .
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    HawkeyeBall/ Coulson , once the engine starts you get 30 blue in 2 or 3 turns doing about 175K damage with Gargamel