Chasm (Ben Reilly) New Character Blog (7/28/22)

Options
LakeStone
LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator

Hi Everyone –

We are super excited for the return of the New Character Blog which was just shared via the blog on our website (and socials). This week we feature Chasm (Ben Reilly) that launches in MPQ today! 

We plan to make this a continuous thing and share these with each new character in MPQ.  We also hope to highlight more of the great work each member of the team has been producing and get multiple perspectives of each new character + show off any cool gems of each release when we can!

VISIT HERE to read the blog.

We hope you enjoy Chasm!  Thank you!

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Let me be the villian: they actually mentioned Kingpin (Spider-Verse) and Dr Strange as  Chasm's potential allies.  >:)

Someone please try out Chasm, Carbage + SMPP/Killmonger/Dr Thor.  :p
  • Godzillafan67
    Godzillafan67 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Definitely keep the "Behind the Quest" section as it certainly helps to understand the character's better.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    There are a couple of things that I didn't take in account for chasm.
    Kingping a good partner? On paper it could be, on play he needs to collect 7 blues and to play with carnage (if not then collect 9 expensive greens before the blues).
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,286 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This was so great to read.  Really shows the thought that went into Chasm.  Greatly appreciate the write up!
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,165 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah this was a great write up. I appreciate that the 5* character had proposed 5* team mates. I’m going to be very curious to see him in action. I wonder if using Black Bolt to hard-empty your AP reserves will be practical or not?
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,915 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I really like that they tried to make an all passive character that you still have to think about actively when playing. I think that was my favorite part and I’m excited to see it in practice (three months from now when I open for Chasm/She-Hulk/Omega Red)!
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,920 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Good stuff! Just a suggestion but a short video featuring the new character with a recommended team to show off their abilities and potential synergy would be the proverbial icing on the cake. In any case, glad to see these new character blogs make a comeback. 

Thank you for the great write-up and kudos to the art department. Chasm looks awesome! :)
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think that's a good idea.
  • Luminousquilt
    Luminousquilt Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I enjoyed reading the character blog. It really helps to give insight on an upcoming toon with ways to use them with out of the box ideas instead of the dominance through overwhelming force strategy that is the norm.
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Please continue with this blog! I really enjoy the developer thoughts on how they create the characters!