Your Best MPQ Moment of the day (positive thread)

Comments

• TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    3 LL tokens for completing the DDQ, by way of Gamora cover 167, 20 shards completing Cyclops cover 310, and versus battle 75 in Simulator giving me Hulkling cover 271.
  • Timemachinego
    Timemachinego Posts: 428 Mover and Shaker
    If I'm on time, I join immediately to play the loaner nodes and then a little bit more to get to 250 for the 2nd standard. If I have time, I'll start playing again when there is about 20 minutes left. If I'm not on time, then I try to start playing when there are 30-40 minutes, and a little bit more as needed to keep my score up. Since I only spend HP on roster slots and really good vaults, any strategy that involves shielding is a nonstarter for me.

Yes, I get pummeled, though the amount of pummeling last week and the first day of this week was irregularly higher than what I normally experience. I also expect about 1-3 last-minute hits as well; I had been seeing 5-6 last-minute hits each round instead. I was playing the same way, so either it was the players playing differently or the MMR/devs changing things. As I presume that the MMR/devs aren't changing, I must assume that the players are playing differently. It was just very odd seeing myself ending outside of top 500 when top 250 is the usual result after being a punching bag.
    Best strategy for LR has always been to join early and play late.

• shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ares76 said:
    I play lightning rounds for two reasons: 1) the pittance of resources; and 2) the good tokens won for top 50 or top 100 placement because those give 4* shards when opened. In last week's lightning rounds and thus far for the two this week, I'm being soundly pummeled and dropping down to the top 1000 group. I'm playing the same way that gets me top 100/50 about 40% of the time, but I'm being hit during the entirety of the round and then especially at those last few minutes.

Why have I posted this in the "positive" thread instead of the "negative" one? Because this indicates that engagement with MPQ has increased, and good news for MPQ is good news to me!
    When do you join? If you join too early it's no wonder that you get pummeled. I played one LR yesterday and joined with 45 minutes left. I defeated about 20 teams to get to 500 points, looked at the timer => 14 minutes left! Paid 50 HP for the cheapest 15min-shield and finished Top 8. 
    That got me the heroic tokens :)
    If I'm on time, I join immediately to play the loaner nodes and then a little bit more to get to 250 for the 2nd standard. If I have time, I'll start playing again when there is about 20 minutes left. If I'm not on time, then I try to start playing when there are 30-40 minutes, and a little bit more as needed to keep my score up. Since I only spend HP on roster slots and really good vaults, any strategy that involves shielding is a nonstarter for me.

Yes, I get pummeled, though the amount of pummeling last week and the first day of this week was irregularly higher than what I normally experience. I also expect about 1-3 last-minute hits as well; I had been seeing 5-6 last-minute hits each round instead. I was playing the same way, so either it was the players playing differently or the MMR/devs changing things. As I presume that the MMR/devs aren't changing, I must assume that the players are playing differently. It was just very odd seeing myself ending outside of top 500 when top 250 is the usual result after being a punching bag.
    @Godzillafan67 Do the loaner nodes and then take a break from it until it's closer to ending. If you hit 250 then that'll push you closer to the top of the leaderboard and it'll make you more of a target for everyone versus doing nothing and being more likely to get lost in the shuffle so you can stay around 229-245 until the end when you do your climb. 
  • Godzillafan67
    Godzillafan67 Posts: 496 Mover and Shaker
    shardwick said:
    Ares76 said:
    I play lightning rounds for two reasons: 1) the pittance of resources; and 2) the good tokens won for top 50 or top 100 placement because those give 4* shards when opened. In last week's lightning rounds and thus far for the two this week, I'm being soundly pummeled and dropping down to the top 1000 group. I'm playing the same way that gets me top 100/50 about 40% of the time, but I'm being hit during the entirety of the round and then especially at those last few minutes.

Why have I posted this in the "positive" thread instead of the "negative" one? Because this indicates that engagement with MPQ has increased, and good news for MPQ is good news to me!
    When do you join? If you join too early it's no wonder that you get pummeled. I played one LR yesterday and joined with 45 minutes left. I defeated about 20 teams to get to 500 points, looked at the timer => 14 minutes left! Paid 50 HP for the cheapest 15min-shield and finished Top 8. 
    That got me the heroic tokens :)

@Godzillafan67 Do the loaner nodes and then take a break from it until it's closer to ending. If you hit 250 then that'll push you closer to the top of the leaderboard and it'll make you more of a target for everyone versus doing nothing and being more likely to get lost in the shuffle so you can stay around 229-245 until the end when you do your climb. 
    Thanks, that's solid advice for everybody. I will say that this week's LRs are operating normally without me changing up my playstyle. 
  • Ares76
    Ares76 Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    My 5* Peter Parker had 499 shards after placing 5th in the last PvP. Although I'm hoarding at the moment I was tempted to pull just one LLT with PP as my bonus hero.
    The result was that i drew the last cover I needed for champing Moon Knight!
    Now I'm back to hoarding mode till Gargantos leaves in a month.
  • rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,276 Chairperson of the Boards
    I just finished Magneto AoA and Gargantos in the last 2 PVEs.  That leaves me now with just 5 unchamped classics (+ KK/DocThor).  

Odin, Ronan, Sersi are all at 11-12 covers, so I am waiting patiently for their feeders to arrive.
    Black Widow is ticking along nicely at 10.5 covers and 4*Widow my current shard target

And poor Havok is just there with 9 covers and no hope (fingers crossed for retroactive feeder rewards from Polaris I guess).  
  • purplemur
    purplemur Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    First of the current Commanding Presence chain deal seemed like great value simply because of the CP boost for my alliance so I sprung for it and decided to rip into my 3 Classic Tokens and pulled:
    1)Jessica Jones Blue- one of my most desired undercovered 
    2)rogue
    3) Shang Chi- Red !!! 
    Wow wow wow 
    ehhh why not….. so I pull the 2 LT’s:
    Kamala - Blue!
    Morbius

That is like a months worth of purples coming in at once! And all 3 good!!
    Thanks MPQ for an awesome start to my morning!!
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,528 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just got a Chasm cover from a Corruptible Chasm token.
    That 1 in 250 chance doesn't seem to be very correct, as this is the third time this has happened to me (Gargantos and Elektra). I don't buy tokens from these stores, so it's nice to see that you can actually get a 5* from them without spending a small fortune!
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    Beat Cosmic Chaos Day 4 CN to level 650, completing beating every PvE in every MPQ event to that level . Completionist goal #1 achieved .
  • WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 693 Critical Contributor
    Day 600.  Woohoo!  

That's enough celebrating, back to the pq grind.  
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    Champed iHulk my 25th champ with 7 days left to play. Could have got 2 for 1 but pulled a black Gargamel for 3/6/4 my first saved 5* cover 
  • dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,379 Chairperson of the Boards
    Got both Abigail Brand and SheThor to 13 covers on the same pull. Abigail with shards and Th5r with a natural pull. 
    Champed Thor right away now just waiting on the iso for Abby.
  • WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 693 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2022
    Hit 600+ for the first time in a lightning round, achieving a personal goal..  Hopefully it ends in a top 2 finish.  

Edit: It was a top 2 finish.
  • Akoni
    Akoni Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    I accidentally double tapped on my tablet and entered the Immortal Combat PvP battle with 5witch and iHulk around 25% health and Valkyrie around 80% health. I have a rule against quitting a battle at that point since healing and reviving costs the same. Plus there's a 1% chance of winning. I matched as much yellow as possible to keep Val in front but that didn't last long. Halfway through the match I took out enemy Polaris before my 5witch went down. At that point I knew I lost the game and just wanted to see how much damage I could do before the inevitable end. Next match landed a cascade which downed a nearly full health enemy 5witch. The enemy iHulk downed my iHulk which, of course, caused him to revive to take a chunk out of my weakened Val. I got another cascade to down the enemy iHulk for the win with both my iHulk and Val left at about 3K health.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    This could also be a worst moment it’s so life changing , but I’ve made the choice to have a life and do something with it instead of throwing it away playing video games ( 1.5% of my life over 1300 days has been used enjoying MPQ).  This began with my Bejeweled Blitz addiction in 2010. I rank this as my 5th biggest life altering decision/ event (marriage, leaving home , and 2 graduations).  I’m sure I’ll get flamed by my usual fans because I chose the option to go back to school and possibly become a CEO/VP of a Fortune 500 company by the age of 40 instead of living in my parents basement making charts and spreadsheets of a video game . But I’m out of here . Goodbye forum, thanks for all the laughs . 
      PS . I will play Meet RnG this week as my final PvE as my completionist goal of collecting the only 5* cover not yet earned, the red Captain America IW which I’ll earn by shard rewards ( currently 378). 
  • IrisRyu
    IrisRyu Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    I’m sure I’ll get flamed by my usual fans because I chose the option to go back to school and possibly become a CEO/VP of a Fortune 500 company by the age of 40 instead of living in my parents basement making charts and spreadsheets of a video game . But I’m out of here . Goodbye forum, thanks for all the laughs . 
    That’s it? I’m new here, but I’ve read enough posts to have thought that you would have tried a little harder for your final posts than your usual basement dwelling trolling and “completionist” schtick. Though I imagine the innate hypocrisy of mocking people who make spreadsheets for a game while also touting the calculated percentage of your own gameplay is one of the reasons you have so many fans! I’m sure you’ll only develop more wherever you place that 1.5% of energy and attention next.

Since this is a positive forum, best of luck (to your future classmates and coworkers)!
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2022
    I'm curious how he thinks he'll get a leadership position with just a degree, zero experience and zero social skills.
    But hey, I'm only a basement dweller who got his degree 20 years ago, what do I know.
    I'm sure there's a market.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    You guys. today I organically Called The Swarm in the She Hulk shield training Day One: A Test of Skill node in a single turn. I used my Carbage with loaner she-hulk and my champion Wa5p, and I assume the extra match is how I got that much AP in the bank to fire off blue twice and her other powers once each. That additional 6,915 damage was enough to kill the Assassin, it was very satisfying.