Your Best MPQ Moment of the day (positive thread)

Comments

• TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    You play with Shang and the opening board has 40 of the 64 in red or purple and win on the second move (first move cascaded 15 of them )
  • WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 693 Critical Contributor
    Have the Sharon Carter support at 3*.  After completing this month's gauntlet my first pull for the SC support unlocked 4*, sweet!  Second pull for SC support kept the good times rolling.  I now have my 2nd 5* support.  
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards
    I pulled a rank 4 Talon Fighter which goes nicely with my not long ago champed Okoye.
  • Scorpion201
    Scorpion201 Posts: 57 Match Maker
    Talk About Luck, Even though im not a 5 star player, On my First Pull from PVE i got Mighty Thor.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    Good - Doing over 100K on a critical hit with my boosted/champed 5-star Colossus in PvP

Bad - It was against another boosted/champed 5-star Colossus, and they still had a huge amount of health left.
  • Godzillafan67
    Godzillafan67 Posts: 497 Mover and Shaker
    I champed my first 5*... Shang-Chi. 

Now the MMR can legitimately pair me up with other baby champs. and I won't be wondering why I'm always having to punch up in PvP.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife

Now the MMR can legitimately pair me up with other baby champs. and I won't be wondering why I'm always having to punch up in PvP.
    That’s the only character you need , learn to use it wisely. Valkyrie feeds his red by 4 every round, make 1 red match a round  and you go winfinite. 
  • Godzillafan67

That’s the only character you need , learn to use it wisely. Valkyrie feeds his red by 4 every round, make 1 red match a round  and you go winfinite. 
    Shang-Chi puts everything I love about 2* Bullseye into a workable package. I've been using him in PvP ever since he was at 3/2/2, and then PvE (SCL10) when I got him to 5/3/3. For pick-2, I partner him with Valkyrie or Melinda Mae depending on the opponents, and all three are my team for most PvE nodes.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife

Shang-Chi puts everything I love about 2* Bullseye into a workable package. I've been using him in PvP ever since he was at 3/2/2, and then PvE (SCL10) when I got him to 5/3/3. For pick-2, I partner him with Valkyrie or Melinda Mae depending on the opponents, and all three are my team for most PvE nodes.
    That’s exactly my team as well. Enjoy .
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    Highest finish to date , 17th. Previously 18th
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2022
    My alternate account usually get T5 in scl 9 pves. For the past few sub placements in Honor Among Thieves, it's largely T10 and one T3. So, my overall placement is the usual T5.

While swiping left, I used enough force unintentionally to bring me all the way to the final Honor Among Thieves placement, and I saw that I got T1.  :D My score was 87803. T2 was 87751, T5 87545 and T10 87111.

It's wave nodes + Mindless Ones screwing up placements again. For those who want to sneak in for better placements, these are the type of pves that many competitive players screw up. 
  • Godzillafan67
    I play lightning rounds for two reasons: 1) the pittance of resources; and 2) the good tokens won for top 50 or top 100 placement because those give 4* shards when opened. In last week's lightning rounds and thus far for the two this week, I'm being soundly pummeled and dropping down to the top 1000 group. I'm playing the same way that gets me top 100/50 about 40% of the time, but I'm being hit during the entirety of the round and then especially at those last few minutes.

Why have I posted this in the "positive" thread instead of the "negative" one? Because this indicates that engagement with MPQ has increased, and good news for MPQ is good news to me!
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    My alternate account usually get T5 in scl 9 pves. For the past few sub placements in Honor Among Thieves, it's largely T10 and one T3. So, my overall placement is the usual T5.

While swiping left, I used enough force unintentionally to bring me all the way to the final Honor Among Thieves placement, and I saw that I got T1.  :D My score was 87803. T2 was 87751, T5 87545 and T10 87111.

It's wave nodes + Mindless Ones screwing up placements again. For those who want to sneak in for better placements, these are the type of pves that many competitive players screw up. 
    Wave nodes killed me in the last event taking over 6 minutes to complete . (6-8) incomplete nodes cost me a few places . Also the Ultron Sentry swarm is brutal , several times a first move cascade KO’d 1 or more characters of mine. What’s a good Sentry defense team ?
  • HoundofShadow
    Talking about messing up, my alt messed up the sentries nodes in scl 9 Strange Sight. All I need was 15 more seconds.  >:)

For PvEs, I go for speed run, so I'm limited to using SC + AC with critical and ap boost and retreating from fight if Sentry Fighter cause cascades that stop AC from creating crit tile passively. If I want to remove RNG, I use SC + 0/5/0 Valkyrie. If you're not playing for speed, most modern 5* can deal with them without much problem. 

Are you taking 6 minutes per grind or 6 minutes for 2 grinds in wave nodes? I use SC/Valkyrie/AC on wave nodes and slap purple support on SC. Then I'll just store up 15-21+ purple aps before the final waves. This takes about 130-150 seconds. As for downing your characters in one move cascade, that can't be a champed 5*, unless that character is at half or lesser health. 
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    edited July 2022
    Talking about messing up, my alt messed up the sentries nodes in scl 9 Strange Sight. All I need was 15 more seconds.  >:)

For PvEs, I go for speed run, so I'm limited to using SC + AC with critical and ap boost and retreating from fight if Sentry Fighter cause cascades that stop AC from creating crit tile passively. If I want to remove RNG, I use SC + 0/5/0 Valkyrie. If you're not playing for speed, most modern 5* can deal with them without much problem. 

Are you taking 6 minutes per grind or 6 minutes for 2 grinds in wave nodes? I use SC/Valkyrie/AC on wave nodes and slap purple support on SC. Then I'll just store up 15-21+ purple aps before the final waves. This takes about 130-150 seconds. As for downing your characters in one move cascade, that can't be a champed 5*, unless that character is at half or lesser health. 
    In SCL 10 a cascade can indeed down a full health champed 5*. It happened a few times last node . It is 6-8 minutes for one wave node.
  • HoundofShadow
    edited July 2022
    I've not been downed by a cascade in a single move yet, I think. If not, it must be for rare instances. I think yours probably cascaded into a crit, then opponent made a move with crit causing you to take 100% match damage.

Valkyrie/SC/Melissa should be able to half the time taken for you. I can't remember taking that long with SC + AC/Valkyrie/Melissa/5* Thor team variations.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    I've not been downed by a cascade in a single move yet, I think. If not, it must be for rare instances. I think yours probably cascaded into a crit, then opponent made a move with crit causing you to take 100% match damage.

Valkyrie/SC/Melissa should be able to half the time taken for you. I can't remember taking that long with SC + AC/Valkyrie/Melissa/5* Thor team variations.
    I often use ValShangMay but when 2 are 4* and the AI knows it , it fires a swarm , followed by a rain of consecutive match 4 columns . By then it has 28-36 AP in the first move and can certainly take out my team with a total of approximately 100k health.  (This is just my experience).
  • Ares76
    Ares76 Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    I play lightning rounds for two reasons: 1) the pittance of resources; and 2) the good tokens won for top 50 or top 100 placement because those give 4* shards when opened. In last week's lightning rounds and thus far for the two this week, I'm being soundly pummeled and dropping down to the top 1000 group. I'm playing the same way that gets me top 100/50 about 40% of the time, but I'm being hit during the entirety of the round and then especially at those last few minutes.

Why have I posted this in the "positive" thread instead of the "negative" one? Because this indicates that engagement with MPQ has increased, and good news for MPQ is good news to me!
    When do you join? If you join too early it's no wonder that you get pummeled. I played one LR yesterday and joined with 45 minutes left. I defeated about 20 teams to get to 500 points, looked at the timer => 14 minutes left! Paid 50 HP for the cheapest 15min-shield and finished Top 8. 
    That got me the heroic tokens :)
  • Godzillafan67
    Ares76 said:

When do you join? If you join too early it's no wonder that you get pummeled. I played one LR yesterday and joined with 45 minutes left. I defeated about 20 teams to get to 500 points, looked at the timer => 14 minutes left! Paid 50 HP for the cheapest 15min-shield and finished Top 8. 
    That got me the heroic tokens :)
    If I'm on time, I join immediately to play the loaner nodes and then a little bit more to get to 250 for the 2nd standard. If I have time, I'll start playing again when there is about 20 minutes left. If I'm not on time, then I try to start playing when there are 30-40 minutes, and a little bit more as needed to keep my score up. Since I only spend HP on roster slots and really good vaults, any strategy that involves shielding is a nonstarter for me.

Yes, I get pummeled, though the amount of pummeling last week and the first day of this week was irregularly higher than what I normally experience. I also expect about 1-3 last-minute hits as well; I had been seeing 5-6 last-minute hits each round instead. I was playing the same way, so either it was the players playing differently or the MMR/devs changing things. As I presume that the MMR/devs aren't changing, I must assume that the players are playing differently. It was just very odd seeing myself ending outside of top 500 when top 250 is the usual result after being a punching bag.