Blink of an Eye not drawing card even when I have enough mana in hand [Investigating]

Options
zzedar
zzedar Posts: 22 Just Dropped In
Recently, I've noticed that Blink of an Eye often doesn't do its second effect ("Drain 2 mana from your hand then draw a card.") even when I have plenty of mana in hand. I think this started when New Capenna was released. It doesn't always misbehave -- it will occasionally draw me a card, but usually it doesn't. I haven't been able to figure out what's different between the times when it works and the times it doesn't.

I am using a Samsung Galaxy A50, Android version 11.

I've noticed this with Jace, Unraveller of Secrets. Decklist is as follows:
Library Larcenist
Arrester's Admonition
Azorius Guildgate
Claustrophobia
Farm // Market
Dimir Guildgate
Blink of an Eye
Orzhov Guildgate
Skyclave Sentinel
Gateway Sneak
Tagged:

Comments

• Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Hello @zzedar ,

Thank you for all the information provided, this issue will be investigated!
    If you have any additional information that you consider relevant, please don't hesitate to send me 😊

Rebeca.

• zzedar
    Options
    After a bit of experimentation, it seems like the issue has to do with card order -- it will only drain mana from cards that are below it in the hand. This is actually arguably an improvement, as it allows the player to fine-tune which cards will be drained.
  • zzedar
    Options
    Apparently my last post was wrong; it's also in many cases not draining from cards that are below it, so I don't know what's going on.