Titan of Industry and shield counts [Investigating]

Gunmix25
Gunmix25 Posts: 1,434 Chairperson of the Boards
Titan of Industry is unable to give itself additional shield counts past 1. 
I.e. planeswalker: Sarkhan, the unbroken.

Using his 3rd loyalty and fetches three Titans of Industry. 
Casting all three consecutively and each one triggers its ability upon being cast.

Titan #1: triggers ability and a choice to choose a target to gain a shield count occurs. I choose Titan. Titan gains 1 shield count.

Titan #2: triggers ability and a choice to choose a target to gain a shield count occurs. I choose the Titan again. The ability resolves but Titan is still at 1 shield count.

Titan #3: triggers ability and a choice to choose a target to gain a shield count occurs. I choose Titan again. The ability resolves and still the shield count remains to be 1. 

At this point It should be at 3 shields based on the text of the ability and the rules behind Shield counters, which states that they can be stacked. 

Other cards in the set that give additional shield counts do stack on Titan. But Titan is unable to do so to himself. 

All other abilities of Titan are working as intended. 

Comments

• Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,277 Chairperson of the Boards

Hello @Gunmix25,

Thank you for all the information provided, this issue will be investigated!
    If you have any additional information that you consider relevant, please don't hesitate to send me 😊

Rebeca.

• Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,434 Chairperson of the Boards
    Rebeca, thank you. 

So this morning I discovered that Titan also cannot increase shield count on a different creature if one already exists when his ability triggers. He can only give one shield count if none existed before and is unable to stack more if one or more already exist on itself or other creatures. 

As mentioned before though, all other sources that give additional shield counts do affect titan and other creatures correctly.