Magic:PQ Support Team
Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,257 Chairperson of the Boards
edited June 2022 in Planeswalker Details

manawhitepngAJANI, INVIGORATE LEADERSHIPmanawhitepng

At Level 60 (Leveling cost: 79,920)

+7manawhitepng|+3manabluepng|-2manablackpng|-2manaredpng|+3managreenpng 

130HP

Creatures: 5 | Spells: 7 | Supports: 7 |

“Long ago, Ajani Goldmane learned that fighting is not always the answer. Through this lesson, he evolved his sense of justice, his strength, and his wisdom, molding him into a great leader and advisor. Sometimes, however, the fight comes to you. When that time comes, Ajani will not hesitate to lead his allies into battle!”

Abilities

Blessed Leadership - Cost 4

Level 1: Enlist 2 gems. Create an Ajanis Leadership Token. It gains Lifelink.

Level 2: Enlist 3 gems. Create 2 Ajanis Leadership Tokens. Those cards gain Lifelink.

Level 3: Enlist 3 gems. Create 3 Ajanis Leadership Tokens. Those cards gain Lifelink. You gain 3 life.

Level 4: Enlist 4 gems. Create 4 Ajanis Leadership Tokens. Those cards gain Lifelink. You gain 6 life.

Fierce Leadership - Cost 6

Level 1: Enlist a gem. Create an Ajanis Leadership Token. It gains Double Strike.

Level 2: Enlist a gem. Create 2 Ajanis Leadership Tokens. Those cards gain  Double Strike.

Level 3: Enlist a gem. Create 3 Ajanis Leadership Tokens. Those cards gain  Double Strike. Your creatures get +1/+1 until end of turn.

Level 4: Enlist a gem. Create 4 Ajanis Leadership Tokens. Those cards gain  Double Strike. Your creatures get +2/+2 until end of turn.

Unscathed Leadership - Cost 8

Level 1: Enlist a gem. Create an  Ajanis Leadership Token. It gains Prevent Damage.

Level 2:Enlist a gem. Create 2  Ajanis Leadership Tokens. Those cards gain Prevent Damage.

Level 3: Enlist a gem. Create 3  Ajanis Leadership Tokens. Those cards gain Prevent Damage. Gain 2 Loyalty.

Level 4: Enlist a gem. Create 5  Ajanis Leadership Tokens. Those cards gain Prevent Damage. Gain 3 Loyalty.

Tokens

Ajani's Leadership

(White) Support Card - Enchantment (1) Token

When this support is destroyed: Move all its Evergreens to a random creature you control.

Comments

• Stormcrow
    Stormcrow Posts: 461 Mover and Shaker
    edited March 2022
    Ajani's piece of the color pie has always been White/Red/Green and I wish his mana bonuses reflected this; intuitively I expect him to have +7 white +3 green +3 red, and instead he has -2 red but +3 blue (blue has gotta be the least-Ajani-like color of magic). Wish they'd change that. Would also help differentiate him from Serra and Elspeth who currently have exactly the same mana bonuses he does.
  • Strategywizard
    Strategywizard Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    I'm pretty new to this game (only been playing around 2 months), but I find Ajani, Invigorate Leadership to be the most challenging opponent in PvP events.

What are other player's opinions?  I grabbed him recently, and I find him to be my best Planeswalker so far.

The others I currently own (apart from starting Nissa) are as follows:

Jace - Starter Version
    Chandra - Starter Version
    Sorin, Grim Nemesis
    Sarkhan Unbroken
    Lolth, The Spider Queen

Lolth is the only competition for Ajani in my team, but he still takes the cake.  Am I crazy, or is this guy just a beast (literally and figuratively)?
  • Lolllee2nd
    Lolllee2nd Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    I've grown to hate Ajani Invigorate Leadership. Massively overpowered. I lose to him nearly every time. With his automatic token generation at full life cheap token supports that give life as well as give his creatures free abilities like hexproof, prevent damage and lifelink when destroyed, within one turn I can't hope to get a creature in play or deal damage. So very few cards or planeswalker combos have a chance of holding their own it's rediculous. There should be more widely available options for fair matches.My heart totally sinks when I see he is myapparent, especially in encounters where my "remove all supports" and/or "destroy all creatures" cards aren't allowed. Those are the only defenses I really have against him. This one planeswalker has sapped nearly all enjoyment out of mtgpq for me. 
  • fox1342_2
    fox1342_2 Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
    Needs Nerfing. Lose either the tokens or the auto lifegain. And make the skills much more expensive. 

Can win all PvE battles with an Ajani deck without editing it. Can win battles without casting a single card. No PW should be able to do this.

Yes easy to beat, if you craft particularly to counter it - pests and leyline of Singularity - but annoying. 
  • Atomicus
    Atomicus Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    In all seriousness, this PW is broken. Unless you include multiple copies of board wipe effects, your chances are slim. If you are up against him, look forward to all his creatures having double strike, Lifelink and prevent damage. If you use targeted removal spells, even half your deck, you don’t have enough since he’ll be making new tokens every turn.
    I’ve been playing this game for years now. Been up against tough combos, some PVE level 150 + creatures, and some seemingly broken cards that lead to humiliating defeats; Ajani takes the prize for STUPIDLY unbalanced opponents. This game simply unfair when he is your opponent. 
    Fix it please, because straight out, I don’t and can’t enjoy the game at all when he is my opponent.
  • Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,257 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hello everyone,
    I have sent your feedback about the Ajani, Invigorate Leadership planeswalker to the development team, they are aware of the situation and are already working to find a better alternative to resolve this issue.
    As soon as I have more information about any changes with Ajani, Invigorate Leadership, I will let you know.
    Rebeca
  • indur
    indur Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    This planeswalker will kill this game.  It's completely unbalanced and is the definition of something that needs to be nerfed.  It's the only planes walker I ever play against anymore, and to be quite honest the only one I play with myself.   You will have people leave the game in droves if this isn't fixed.  
  • Evolutionkit
    Evolutionkit Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    I echo the above comments. I have been playing this game for years with great pleasure, but lately this one PW has been popping up endlessly and he is just the most frustrating thing I have ever encountered. It is beyond broken and is quickly ruining all enjoyment I get from this game. The only rationale I can think of for sticking this unbalanced travesty of a PW into the game is to get people to register to the forums in order to voice their complaints. If that was indeed the goal: well done MTG team: here we are. To bring the message that you have broken your own game at a very fundamental level.

I hope this PW gets fixed soon, otherwise I cannot imagine people being willing to invest any more timeand money into this game. It is pointless. That is genuinely how bad this flaw is.
  • fox1342_2
    fox1342_2 Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
    I think it's actually got worse if that's possible... the tokens name seem to activate on all creatures rather than just one. It's possible this is a side effect of 'fixing' that they were giving all the abilities. 
  • Kraken64
    Kraken64 Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    He is frustrating to play against and is a strong PW but not OP, I have actually beaten him more often than not without having to make any adjustments to my decks. The only thing I find unfair is infinite loops that break the game and somehow people defend that. This PW doesn't break the game and now I see it is being nerfed. Infinite loops are incredibly game breaking yet nothing is done about that?? Where is the skill in having a deck that plays itself with no input and automatically winning? Sure it may be exciting for the first couple of hundred wins that you get but after that, wouldn't it be boring and you just stop playing the game? You play games and sports to challenge yourself. If there's no challenge then it isn't fun. Just as it's no fun if you have a snowflakes chance in hell at winning a match against an opponent with infinite loops.
  • Bookish
    Bookish Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    edited August 2022
    I love this game, but this PW is ruining it for me.  In bronze and silver, where most people are running mono-colored PWs and are just learning the game, he is completely soul crushing.  Every time I have played against him, all of his creatures get lifelink (and more) at the beginning of the game. I have no mono-PW or cards that provide an answer to him at my level. Please reconsider additional changes and balancing.