Family Business

Magic:PQ Support Team
Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,257 Chairperson of the Boards

“For years, the five families ruled New Capenna in uneasy peace, and the city prospered.”    

Event Type: PvP, Coalition

No Entrance Fee

Deck Restrictions: Standard

Rewards: Progression, Rank 

Number of nodes: 2 nodes, each with a single support that is owned by the player.;

Each node allows a specific variety of Planeswalker colors, being for Obscura Infiltrators White, Blue and Black, while Cabaretti Greetings allows White, Green and Red Planeswalkers

Initial Charges: 1 | Max Charges: 4

Recharge Time: 8h

Event Duration: 46h

Behind every event that occurs in New Capenna, the families are always sketching their secret businesses. In this event, join the Obscura to wield the plane’s secrets or the Cabaretti to celebrate the brotherhood you’ll build.

SPECIAL RULES

Each node features a different event support spawned for the player.

Each node features a different event support that will affect the player, while the other will affect their opponents. The supports are:

Obscura Infiltrators (top node): Obscura Infiltrators

Cabaretti Greetings (bottom node): Cabaretti Greetings

Obscura Infiltrators  
(White, Blue, Black) Support Card (Indestructible) Token
When a creature you control gets buffed or gains an evergreen:Draw a card. Perform one of these effects at random:
You gain X life.
You gain X mana.
Your opponent loses X life.
X is the mana value of the last card in your hand.This effect can trigger only once per turn.

Cabaretti Greetings
(White, Red, Green) Support Card (Indestructible) Token
Alliance: Create a Selesnya Citizen token. Perform one of these effects at random:
Deal X damage to your opponent’s Planeswalker.
You gain X life.
You gain X mana.
X is equal to the number of creatures you control, including their reinforcements.This effect can trigger only once per turn.

OBJECTIVES

Obscura Infiltrators (top node)

• Win the Fight!

• Win the fight against your opponent!

• Reward: 200 Mana Runes, +5 Score.

• Healer

• Gain 20 or more life during a single fight.

• Reward: +3 Score.

• Researcher

• Draw 10 or more cards during a single fight.

• Reward: +2 Score.

Cabaretti Greetings (bottom node)

• Win the Fight!

• Win the fight against your opponent!

• Reward: 200 Mana Runes, +5 Score.

•  Commander

• Summon 15 or more creatures during a single fight.

• Reward: +3 Score.

• Bounty Hunter

•  Deal 20 or more damage to a Planeswalker during a turn.

• Reward: +2 Score.

REWARDS

----------

Post your strategies for this event below!

Comments

• jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards

Weird objectives, but I don't design games for a living, so what do I know...

OBJECTIVES

Obscura Infiltrators (top node)

• Play this node with PMA Ajani

Cabaretti Greetings (bottom node)

• Play this node with PMA Ajani
      • BongoTheGrey
        BongoTheGrey Posts: 345 Mover and Shaker
        @Oktagon_Support Why do both nodes allow white planeswalkers while having objectives about gaining life and summoning creatures? Do you want us to play against 14 PMA Ajanis that desperately?

The event and objectives look really nice. PMA Ajani is awfully boring to play against for several reasons listed here: https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/86838/skoti-bloodline-pma-ajani#latest
      • khurram
        khurram Posts: 1,077 Chairperson of the Boards
        Thay cabarretti greetings support is screaming to he played with ajani and its going to be so annoying. I wish you'd rethink it. Or at least restrict the node colors so that white pws cant be played
      • Magic:PQ Support Team
        Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,257 Chairperson of the Boards
        Hello guys,
        Thanks for all the comments, I've sent your feedback to the team! 😊
        Rebeca
      • Julie71
        Julie71 MTGPQ Mod Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
        yeah white stays so we all face pajamas
      • Fireguy
        Fireguy Posts: 54 Match Maker
        I think event and objectives look great. They seem mostly unique, fun and challenging for a Coalition event. Yes, we will see aloooot if Pajamis though. I say don't change this event, keep it the same, but maybe consider all of the discussions and suggestions to (slightly) nerf Pajami. He's honestly is too much! 
      • Tezzeret
        Tezzeret Posts: 223 Tile Toppler
        edited June 2022
        @Oktagon_Support Can you confirm on the cabartti  node  that the deal 20 damage can be done on the killing blow. I plan on hitting  my opponent  every time with a 132/99 creature to one shot them and want to make sure it registers  the 20 damage?
      • Janosik
        Janosik Posts: 314 Mover and Shaker
        The advantages that PMA Ajani will have look especially concerning in the bottom node.
      • Shiser
        Shiser Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
        Please Please PLEASE why can't you make the events not lose charges if a player doesn't manage to log in and play regularly??
        I have been playing the game since the only event was Training Battles and the free packs cost runes and had a better drop rate than the freemium packs do now. (But I digress) But consistently, issues with event charges make me repeatedly want to give up playing due to frustration.
      • Tezzeret
        Tezzeret Posts: 223 Tile Toppler
        Tezzeret said:
        @Oktagon_Support Can you confirm on the cabartti  node  that the deal 20 damage can be done on the killing blow. I plan on hitting  my opponent  every time with a 132/99 creature to one shot them and want to make sure it registers  the 20 damage?
        Well... I guess it dosnt work at all.....