Today’s Announcement with D3 Go! and 505 Games (6/27/22)

LakeStone
LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator

Greetings MPQ Players -

A few weeks ago, we shared news of a new development team for MARVEL Puzzle Quest. Today, we would like to share some unrelated, but equally exciting news that went out earlier this morning. 505 Games, makers of a wide variety of exciting video games, has acquired the publisher of MARVEL Puzzle Quest, D3 Go!. You can read the official press release HERE.

What does this all mean for the future of MARVEL Puzzle Quest? It means that with the added resources 505 Games is able to bring, we’ll be able to continue to expand and grow content for your favorite Super Hero match-3 RPG game! We know with a new development team and 505 Games, some may be wondering what’s in store for our roadmap. Rest assured that things are still moving along at full speed as we head closer to our exciting 9th anniversary and beyond! 

The current team at D3 Go! will also continue to be working on MPQ and other projects. Furthermore, we do not expect any delays or downtime as a result of the news today, so you will continue to get the very best gameplay experience! We hope you’re as excited as we are about this latest development and rest assured that we’ll continue to share more details as soon as we’re able to.

Thank you for your support over the years and being with us today as we share this exciting news!

Tagged:

Comments

• gamecat235
    gamecat235 Posts: 104 Tile Toppler
    Congratulations, hopefully this acquisition is one which benefits everyone. Definitely a concerning time for anyone who has been on the “being consumed” side of these scenarios, but I’ll keep my fingers crossed for all of the employees who keep the game and community running. 
  • itsuka7
    itsuka7 Posts: 106 Tile Toppler
    505 also owns Puzzle Quest and Gems of War, similar deep roster collecting puzzle match 3 games. I would welcome some of the better aspects of those games in MPQ. Especially being able to roster all characters without having to pay resources. Much better for beginners.
  • MathiasTCK
    MathiasTCK Posts: 65 Match Maker
  • nixed
    nixed Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    edited June 2022
    Publisher acquisitions are almost always followed up by an internal board meeting asking "We just spent XYZ dollars buying out this company, so how can we make much more money from our new asset?" So I'm concerned to say the least.

but grats to all the D3 Go execs who cashed out!
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,308 Site Admin
    nixed said:
    Our team at D3Go is *super* slim, so it's more like "exec" there. :)
  • gamecat235
    IceIX said:
    nixed said:
    Thank you for not using “lean” incorrectly. 
  • Virus
    Virus Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    edited June 2022
    This is music to my ears. For so long, we have had to deal with D3 and their “staff” or lack thereof, so glad to hear they’re gone. Maybe this will bring new life into this stale game. I would say good riddance but I don’t want to use the word good in a statement regarding D3….
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,569 Chairperson of the Boards
    Virus said:
    This is music to my ears. For so long, we have had to deal with D3 and their “staff” or lack thereof, so glad to hear they’re gone. Maybe this will bring new life into this stale game. I would say good riddance but I don’t want to use the word good in a statement regarding D3….
    But...
    The current team at D3 Go! will also continue to be working on MPQ

Ha, ha Ooops!!

• jsmjsmjsm00
    jsmjsmjsm00 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    IceIX said:
    nixed said:
    Not using "lean" like it's adjective dictionary definition you mean, as in the definition that is literally listed as a synonym to "slim"?

At least be correct if you want to pedant. 
  • Ptahhotep
    Ptahhotep Posts: 414 Mover and Shaker
    edited June 2022
    Does this mean that MPQ will still be D3 Go! But as a subsidiary of 505 Games or is D3 disappearing entirely to be replaced by 505?
    Also, what effect, if any, will this have on the forums?
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    There are two D3: D3 Publisher and D3 Go!

Bandai Namco owns D3 Publisher, which in turns own D3 Go!.

After this change,  505 Games owns D3 Go!. 505 Games is owned by Digital Bros.

• LakeStone
    LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator
    Ptahhotep said:
    Does this mean that MPQ will still be D3 Go! But as a subsidiary of 505 Games or is D3 disappearing entirely to be replaced by 505?
    Yes, MPQ is still with D3 Go!.  This is the official line - D3 Go! is a subsidiary of 505 Mobile S.r.l and is ultimately owned by Digital Bros S.p.A.

And no effect on the forums, this will remain the same.
  • liminal_lad
    liminal_lad Posts: 459 Mover and Shaker
    LakeStone said:
    Ptahhotep said:
    Yes, MPQ is still with D3 Go!.  This is the official line - D3 Go! is a subsidiary of 505 Mobile S.r.l and is ultimately owned by Digital Bros S.p.A.

And no effect on the forums, this will remain the same.
    I was just coming here to ask that question. Good news!
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    Virus said:
    But...
    The current team at D3 Go! will also continue to be working on MPQ

Ha, ha Ooops!!

If I thought I already saw all types of slaps in the face!.
    What a vaccine! (pun intended).
  • gamecat235
    IceIX said:
    nixed said:
    Not using "lean" like it's adjective dictionary definition you mean, as in the definition that is literally listed as a synonym to "slim"?

IceIX said:
    nixed said:

I mean as in how many companies use it to refer to a “lean” process where a target is delivered just in time and without a lot of additional redundancy or overhead. But in practice, a lot of companies just trim costs and claim to be lean, without understanding the meaning behind the word.

Which is to say, I said what I said. And I was correct. 
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,158 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2022
    Yup. And to my knowledge, "pedant" is a noun, not a verb. The correct usage would be "if you want to be a pedant" or "if you want to be pedantic". What on earth is "if you want to pedant"???

Pot calling kettle black.
  • jsmjsmjsm00
    1) I used pedant as denominal verb which is incredibly common usage in English. This is the same way we have expressions like "I am going to school you in grammar" or "wow you just elbowed your way into this dispute". Nouns can be turned into verbs to convey meaning. This is not new.

2) Attacking my own grammar does not defend the fact that they literally (and I mean literally) could have replaced "slim" with "lean" as both are synonyms. To say that them using lean in their context is wrong, is itself wrong. 
  • jsmjsmjsm00
    In case the real message is unclear in why I responded in the first place, don't be condescending unless you check you are correct first. The devs don't deserve that; I'm calling you out on it because they (likely) won't respond to the negativity directly. 

Also, it teaches other, possibly younger readers, incorrect grammar. It doesn't take much time to check your facts. 
  • gamecat235
    But you’ve missed the point. In many corporate environments the term “lean”(meaning a process, as stated above) is confused with the common word “lean” (definition provided helpfully by you), which leads to a further dilution of the understanding an nuance between the common word and the reference to a process which is more and more commonplace in the software world as SAFe (scaled agile framework) becomes the default development approach for most orgs. 
  • cerrdwyn
    cerrdwyn Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    But you’ve missed the point. In many corporate environments the term “lean”(meaning a process, as stated above) is confused with the common word “lean” (definition provided helpfully by you), which leads to a further dilution of the understanding an nuance between the common word and the reference to a process which is more and more commonplace in the software world as SAFe (scaled agile framework) becomes the default development approach for most orgs. 

While I understand what you said because I work in Agile, I'm just amused that this has become a point in this discussion.

I'm looking forward to what will come out of the new acquisition!