OKTAGON Q&A Session - June 2022 *UPDATE (7/14/2022)

Magic:PQ Support Team
Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,257 Chairperson of the Boards
edited July 2022 in MtGPQ General Discussion

ANSWERS

1. Do you have statistics for how often PMA Ajani is being played in non-Training Grounds events, particularly compared to other PWs? It seems like he is showing up in greater and greater numbers, but it would be nice to hear if perception is reality.
    Answer: Thank you for the question. Ajani, Invigorate Leadership (PMA) has definitely seen widespread use and is one of the go to Planeswalkers these days.  

2. The rewards system in coalition events needs a revamp. Instead of individual ranked rewards, it should be final progression score reward. If you you get the full 140 points in a pvp event, you get the points as usual. 138 gets the next tier of rewards, 137 the next, and so on. This means that dropping an objective doesn't put you so far down in rewards that the individual ranking hardly matters. This will also make more players participate because there is more of an incentive to keep playing even if they lose a match. Will you please bring this suggestion to the developers?
    Answer: Thanks for bringing this suggestion to us, we have shared it with the development team.

3. Why does Ward require a player to specifically have a spell card with full mana even when the ward cost is not mana?
    Answer:  Ward was designed with this restriction to avoid multiple prompts in a fight. The spell card with full mana became a requirement because Ward should be triggered once the chances of the creature with Ward being targeted are tangible.

4. The ability to target supports with the Crystalize mechanic is useful, although the Crystalize mechanic itself is quite complex. Are there plans to further explore the idea of targeted support destruction, with different and perhaps simpler mechanics (perhaps even a card which simply reads "Destroy Target Support")?
    AnswerThe targeted support mechanic is delicate to spread over Magic: Puzzle Quest because it would generate balancing issues if used with normal strategies. It's been used in Puzzle Masters (PMA) with a bit of small penalties in order to not make it broken, and if it appears on further cards it'll also come up with some penalties.

5. Can you please, PLEASE, add an option to remove animations or make them instantaneous? Trying to play any deck that relies on summoning tokens is agonizingly slow. Valor in Akros is completely unusable right now because its effects are so slow to animate you have to sit there for 10 minutes telling it you don't want to end the loop.PLEASE reduce the actual ANIMATION times. The current speed up options are woefully inadequate.
    Answer: Thank you for your feedback! This is an excellent point and we have shared this with the team.

6. Is there a chance that we get planeswalkers of missing six three-coloured fractions? I know it coul be pretty darn hard since you would have to create new planeswalkers from the scratch without Wizards of the Coast MtG version, but then again, it would not be the first time MtGPQ would do so…
    Answer:  Magic: Puzzle Quest creating new Planeswalkers occurs on specific collections or events, with the approval of Wizards of the Coast, and following established design guidelines. For regular playable Planeswalkers, expect that we'd keep adapting original ones from their MtG versions.

7. Are there any plans for another From the vault sets? When they came out you had big plans with them saying that there will be many more, but it is too quiet around this topic for some time now.
    Answer: Thank you for the interest in the From the Vault series. It is true that we have plans for adding more collections to this, but priority has changed a bit since the last time. Nevertheless it is a topic that is on the team’s radar. By the way, which collection could you imagine being adapted for Magic: Puzzle Quest? 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Hi everyone,
How are you?
Here's another Q&A SESSION.
We will answer the questions posted by June 27th, so please send your questions and doubts HERE.
Make sure to submit only 2-3 questions maximum, this way the team is able to focus and will try to answer all questions in a given month.

Thank you for all the support,
Rebeca

Comments

• Janosik
    Janosik Posts: 313 Mover and Shaker
    The ability to target supports with the Crystalize mechanic is useful, although the Crystalize mechanic itself is quite complex. Are there plans to further explore the idea of targeted support destruction, with different and perhaps simpler mechanics (perhaps even a card which simply reads "Destroy Target Support")?

Submitted via form
  • TIMEWARP
    TIMEWARP Posts: 78 Match Maker
    Currently runes are only used to level up planeswalkers and buy deckslots. Are you willing to look into adding options of spending runes?
  • TIMEWARP
    TIMEWARP Posts: 78 Match Maker
    Suggestion: make it possible to seach for specific color combinations among your collection. Currently. If you select 2 colors in the search, it will give all results of both colors, please add an option where the search would just return cards who meet both selected colors. Thanks
  • knifelheim
    knifelheim Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    Can you please, PLEASE, add an option to remove animations or make them instantaneous? Trying to play any deck that relies on summoning tokens is agonizingly slow. Valor in Akros is completely unusable right now because its effects are so slow to animate you have to sit there for 10 minutes telling it you don't want to end the loop.

PLEASE reduce the actual ANIMATION times. The current speed up options are woefully inadequate.

Thank you.
  • Julie71
    Julie71 MTGPQ Mod Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    Can you please, PLEASE, add an option to remove animations or make them instantaneous? Trying to play any deck that relies on summoning tokens is agonizingly slow. Valor in Akros is completely unusable right now because its effects are so slow to animate you have to sit there for 10 minutes telling it you don't want to end the loop.

PLEASE reduce the actual ANIMATION times. The current speed up options are woefully inadequate.

Thank you.
    on your setting screen it has an optional button (animations off) 
  • Mepistopheles
    Mepistopheles Posts: 19 Just Dropped In
    edited June 2022
    I have a few questions:
    1. Is there any chance of getting new story mode chapters? I know this is a frequent question and I see why you do not want to spend the time and thus money for something that could not really generate any income, but please do something already!
    2. Is there any progress with runes conversion plans? Update on this topic would be more than appreciated.
    3. What is going on with coalition event individual rewards system? Few weeks ago I read about plans to make it friendlier for players who do not get perfect score since losing one point makes you immediately get to 250+ rank and all the ranks between 1st and 250th are just useless.
    4. Can we get booster crafting for vanguard cards and/or special art (exclusive) cards ?Fblthp wandered too far this time and could not find his way back, or he got eaten by something ;)
    5. Is there a chance that we get planeswalkers of missing six three-coloured fractions? I know it coul be pretty darn hard since you would have to create new planeswalkers from the scratch without Wizards of the Coast MtG version, but then again, it would not be the first time MtGPQ would do so...
    6. Are there any plans for other duel decks? I personally would love to have some Venser vs Koth, Jace vs Chandra or Garruk vs Liliana events. I know that Elves vs Goblins or Angels vs Demons are tricky ones since you would have to create new planeswalkers again...
    7. Are there any plans for another From the vault sets? When they came out you had big plans with them saying that there will be many more, but it is too quiet around this topic for some time now.
  • jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    Julie71 said:

Thank you.

Pretty sure knife is talking about all of the triggered animations, like buffing creatures, or applying keyword abilities, or showing fight damage. That sort of stuff. Some of those can be sooooooo time consuming.
  • BongoTheGrey
    BongoTheGrey Posts: 345 Mover and Shaker
    Just a reminder that none of the questions you post in this thread will be answer by Oktagon. You need to click the link they add every month on the Q&A post in the word "HERE" to open the Google Forms where you can ask the questions.
    Only those questions asked on their Google Forms will be answered.
  • Julie71
    Julie71 MTGPQ Mod Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    jtwood said:
    Julie71 said:

Thank you.

Pretty sure knife is talking about all of the triggered animations, like buffing creatures, or applying keyword abilities, or showing fight damage. That sort of stuff. Some of those can be sooooooo time consuming.
    oh ok :) he mentioned animations :)
  • DREAMER
    DREAMER Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    PW search by name during events, please.
  • Janosik
    Janosik Posts: 313 Mover and Shaker
    New thread for July is now up, where do the answers to this thread get posted?
  • jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    Janosik said:
    New thread for July is now up, where do the answers to this thread get posted?
    Hello guys, 

Q&A responses are usually responded to 2 weeks after the question submissions close date. For example, I open a new thread at beginning of every month, around the 1st. Then at the end of the month, around the 25th, I send the questions posted until that day to the team. They usually need a period of two weeks to respond (which may vary according to work demands), and as soon as I have the answers I'll post them here for you.

Regarding questions that are not answered by our team, unfortunately, there are certain questions that we are not allowed to answer, I understand this can be frustrating and we apologize. I hope you are enjoying the Q&A sessions and that this doesn't stop you from continuing to send us your questions, we will always do our best to answer them! 😁

Rebeca
  • Magic:PQ Support Team
    edited July 2022
    Hey guys,
    I apologize for the delay. The team asked for a little more time to answer the questions this month, but as soon as I have the answers I'll post them for you.
    Thank you for your patience :)

Rebeca.
    (7/14/22) UPDATE - Answers 
    Thank you all for participating 🧡, the July Q&A has already started here.
    Rebeca
  • gozmaster
    gozmaster Posts: 160 Tile Toppler
    Hey Quick shout out to You Rebeca, Thanks for all you do and helping the player base have a voice in the Okty offices. It is TRULY Appreciated! Oktagon_Support said:
    (7/14/22) UPDATE - Answers 
    Thank you all for participating 🧡, the July Q&A has already started here.
    Rebeca

edited July 2022
    Thank you @gozmaster! I'm really happy to hear that 🥰
    Rebeca