Gargantos Boss Event Change (Live) (6/23/22)

Comments

• Aueio
    Aueio Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
    Omegased said:
    My alliance has got thru this event as easy as a normal event.

If you have all champed 4s, this event was super easy. Agent venom would kill gargs in turn 2 or 3. To be frank, anyone who is hating on this event either hasn't even tried it, or have such a narrow roster it's laughable.

At round 7 I could do a full clear using maybe 4 health packs.

There isn't heaps of synergy but you don't need it. Scorpion self supplies ap, and agent venom hits hard.
    Why is it laughable to have a narrow roster? We younger players naturally have narrow rosters and can't play events like these efficiently. And this game is slow on the roster progression. I would be surprised if anyone who has played for a year has have a roster pumped enough to tackle any upcoming event with tight hero restrictions. What are we supposed to do about it? And why is it laughable?
  • CHRISJN
    CHRISJN Posts: 105 Tile Toppler
    Thanks Devs, for the boss event, My alliance mates in KA (Especially KA SITH) who finish 1st, followed by Prime 3, Blooey, Jedi and few more. Easy peesy for us veterans, too bad to those that are starting and still developing alliances. You can get it next time.  Thats how it is suppose to be. Free 5* not one but 2 so very much appreciated!
  • Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 556 Critical Contributor
    Aueio said:
    Omegased said:

If you have all champed 4s, this event was super easy. Agent venom would kill gargs in turn 2 or 3. To be frank, anyone who is hating on this event either hasn't even tried it, or have such a narrow roster it's laughable.

There isn't heaps of synergy but you don't need it. Scorpion self supplies ap, and agent venom hits hard.
    Why is it laughable to have a narrow roster? We younger players naturally have narrow rosters and can't play events like these efficiently. And this game is slow on the roster progression. I would be surprised if anyone who has played for a year has have a roster pumped enough to tackle any upcoming event with tight hero restrictions. What are we supposed to do about it? And why is it laughable?
    Yea absolutely valid. 

Newer rosters would absolutely struggle, but should new rosters be able to compete?
  • Aueio
    Omegased said:
    Aueio said:
    Omegased said:

Yea absolutely valid. 

Newer rosters would absolutely struggle, but should new rosters be able to compete?
    Because we're invited to participate (not locked out) and also we want to make progress - which is made through participation. I haven't been able to gather more than a few 1000 ISO these past 4 days, and if this type of event becomes a trend there's no real reason for others than veterans / old-timers to keep playing the game.
    The fact that the new devs in their post said that we'll be seeing more boss events going forward - worrying indeed for me / us / young players in general.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sorry, but I proved that with the loaners it's possible to beat gargantos until round 6.
    There wasn't any wave node having a venom 100k health, like it used to be, so loaners actually can help in all the nodes too.
    At round 7 and 8 it's needed to have a champed character, a 5*, a 4*, or a 3*, like I just proved with my last video(not really a prohibitive thing).
    Newer player not making progression on this event is due to lacking determination and interest.
    Sorry if the truth hurts.
  • SolidusMox
    SolidusMox Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
    This is event only serves veteran players. Anyone moving from 3* to 4*  doesn't have DA 4* requirements, as who would prioritize them over useful characters.

I see many of my Team struggling and hating this event. 

This will be the 1st time we don't complete a boss in a long time.
  • Aueio
    Bad said:
    Sorry, but I proved that with the loaners it's possible to beat gargantos until round 6.
    There wasn't any wave node having a venom 100k health, like it used to be, so loaners actually can help in all the nodes too.
    At round 7 and 8 it's needed to have a champed character, a 5*, a 4*, or a 3*, like I just proved with my last video(not really a prohibitive thing).
    Newer player not making progression on this event is due to lacking determination and interest.
    Gargantos himself isn't an issue for me with loaners, the nodes are the big issue. The enemies went from reasonable to having 35000 health at some point early on which halted me from playing more. Putting the 12K health loaners up against these beasts is useless of course. Useless it is also trying to beat then with 2 star Moonstone and Ragnarok.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,900 Chairperson of the Boards
    Aueio said:
    Bad said:
    Gargantos himself isn't an issue for me with loaners, the nodes are the big issue. The enemies went from reasonable to having 35000 health at some point early on which halted me from playing more. Putting the 12K health loaners up against these beasts is useless of course. Useless it is also trying to beat then with 2 star Moonstone and Ragnarok.
    That's roster based scaling. All PvE used to work this way which is why many softcapped to face weaker opponents. Shield Clearance levels fixed that for normal PvE but boss events continue to use roster based scaling for side nodes.

What should happen is that the algorithm should take into account ONLY the characters you can use, rather than your whole roster. So unfortunately you are having to face enemies scaled for your entire roster rather than what you can actually use. That's something that needs to be fixed for future Heroic events.

KGB
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,246 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bad said:
    So, you didn't have to face Iron Spidey at 112K as second wave?  Must have been playing a different event.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,698 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is event only serves veteran players. Anyone moving from 3* to 4*  doesn't have DA 4* requirements, as who would prioritize them over useful characters.

I see many of my Team struggling and hating this event. 

This will be the 1st time we don't complete a boss in a long time.
    But you got the four stars rewards, which is what you should be getting. Not getting max rewards with a 3* roster moving to 4* is what we all used to get. I didn't get near finishing civil war when I had a 3* team. I just did my bit.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Aueio said:
    One thing is for sure, that train is already gone. Right now they are at level 450, escalated on health and the loaners don't have any chance.
    Only champed 5*s, champed 4*s, or meta teams such as brolaris can clear the nodes now.
    But meta teams aren't allowed. For that reason I asked for another boost for the loaners.
    Small rosters should had played right on the start, and unloaded all the gunfire 24 hours ago, when still it was possible.
    It's unfortunate that the boost came after 24 hours, making gargantos doable. Still there are many people who could make it, and on my alliance more people than ever.
  • Woiciu
    Woiciu Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    I have read most of the complains, but not all. I'm a 2500+ day player with 2 years of break, so I want to share my impression of this event.

1. Idea of restricted characters is ok but not DA. Heroes, villians, spiders, even may be MoM characters, but srsly not DA. I manage to get 900k points with no problems using 276 lvl agent venom, loaned daken (for boss only) and fully champed 3* daken and ragnarok, but I'm not new player. 
    2. Giving 5 free vault tokens for player like me it's pointless, only 2* and few 3*. It's ok for newer players.
    3. I'm happy with this kind of event. Finally game became puzzle quest, not a kitty/polaris mindless games. Keep it up, BUT I want to share my ideas.

Idea #1
    When boss event starts give us a choice like SCL. Restricted characters but better rewards (like 5* at 900k) or all characters with standard rewards.

Idea #2
    This idea will be ok with implementaion of idea #1. Vaults should also benefit veteran players so get rid off 1* and 2* from vaults when someone decide to go restricted chcarcters (special tokens for progression rewards maybe).

Thats my impression. Im open to discuss it with others.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,900 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bad said:
    So, you didn't have to face Iron Spidey at 112K as second wave?  Must have been playing a different event.
    Roster based scaling striking you there unfortunately. For my L350 MMR roster, Iron Spidey only had 65K health so he could be easily taken down with a couple of Agent Venom Blacks and few other assorted power shots.

That's the one thing that absolutely needs fixing if we are going to have heroic Boss events in the future. The side nodes need to scale based on who you can use for the event rather than your entire roster MMR.

KGB

• LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,246 Chairperson of the Boards
    KGB said:
    Roster based scaling striking you there unfortunately. For my L350 MMR roster, Iron Spidey only had 65K health so he could be easily taken down with a couple of Agent Venom Blacks and few other assorted power shots.

That's the one thing that absolutely needs fixing if we are going to have heroic Boss events in the future. The side nodes need to scale based on who you can use for the event rather than your entire roster MMR.

KGB

Ah.  That makes sense.  Apologies if I came off as super snarky (which I normally do).  Appreciate your response.
  • MingaLei
    MingaLei Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    edited June 2022
    Now that my alliance and I have completed both paths of progression, I can confidently say: this event still sucked ****. I’m glad they nerfed Gargantos to make the event more feasible, but that did not make it fun. With the exception of the KK covers, I feel like this event actually cost me more than I earned in resources including ISO and HP for health packs, which also limited my ability to play PVP at the end of the season when it matters most. I wound up having to use the same team over and over again bc any lower-level characters than that wouldn’t cut it, which would be fine if they were decent characters that are fun to play, but they’re not. Dark Avengers was the absolute worst group you could’ve started with, as many have already pointed out.  The idea is a good one; if you’d picked literally any other affiliation than DA it might’ve been a blast - ex. characters in MoM like
    Strange, Wanda, Chavez, the Illuminati, etc. would have made more sense thematically and given us stronger teams. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,569 Chairperson of the Boards
    MingaLei said:
    Now that my alliance and I have completed both paths of progression, I can confidently say: this event still sucked ****. I’m glad they nerfed Gargantos to make the event more feasible, but that did not make it fun. With the exception of the KK covers, I feel like this event actually cost me more than I earned in resources including ISO and HP for health packs, which also limited my ability to play PVP at the end of the season when it matters most. I wound up having to use the same team over and over again bc any lower-level characters than that wouldn’t cut it, which would be fine if they were decent characters that are fun to play, but they’re not. Dark Avengers was the absolute worst group you could’ve started with, as many have already pointed out.  The idea is a good one; if you’d picked literally any other affiliation than DA it might’ve been a blast - ex. characters in MoM like
    Strange, Wanda, Chavez, the Illuminati, etc. would have made more sense thematically and given us stronger teams. 

That was the theme for the first run.  

• Deku_Scrub
    Deku_Scrub Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    edited June 2022
    The event was challenging but i got through it no problem. and I loved the 5 free tokens daily. Keep it up 
  • jkenn58
    jkenn58 Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    Your responses to our issues was commendable. Thanks for the tokens too