***** Thor (Mighty Thor) *****

IceIX
IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,312 Site Admin
edited August 2022 in Character Details

Thor (Mighty Thor)

5-Star Rarity
Affiliations: Heroes, Avengers, Godlike, Enhanced

"While visiting the broken pieces of Mjolnir in New Asgard, Jane Foster's life is forever changed when she mysteriously transforms in to the Mighty Thor. Now armed with Mjolnir and the power of Thor herself, Jane embraces her new life as a godly protector. Soon a dark force brings the Mighty Thor and her ex-boyfriend Thor together. As the two heroes reconcile their past, the Mighty Thor and Thor must join forces in the fight to stop a cosmic threat from eradicating the gods."

(Abilities listed at level 255, followed by 450)
18073 Health / 72645 Health
 207 | 266 | 237 | 32 | 34 | 29 | 132 | 4.0x
 831 | 1068 | 949 | 125 | 135 | 115 | 528 | 4.0x

Feel the Thunder - 6  AP
Everything's conductive with enough energy - especially Thor's enemies. She raises the shattered Mjolnir high, calling a thunderous bolt of lightning down upon her foe. Deals 1019 damage plus 142 damage per Charged tile on the board, plus 70 damage for each Charged tile that's been destroyed this battle. She then converts 2 random basic tiles into Charged tile(s). (Max level 4095/571/285 damage)
  • Level 2: Deals 1151 damage plus 177 damage per Charged tile on the board, plus 88 damage for each Charged tile that's been matched or destroyed. (Max level 4627/710/356 damage)
  • Level 3: Deals 1284 damage plus 203 damage per Charged tile on the board, plus 101 damage for each Charged tile that's been matched or destroyed. (Max level 5160/817/409 damage)
  • Level 4: Deals 1549 damage plus 249 damage per Charged tile on the board, plus 123 damage for each Charged tile that's been matched or destroyed. (Max level 6224/999/498 damage)
  • Level 5: Deals 2079 damage plus 355 damage per Charged tile on the board, plus 176 damage for each Charged tile that's been matched or destroyed. (Max level 8354/1426/712 damage)
Doctor Thor - 7  AP
Doctor Thor makes some adjustments, channeling stored electric potential into the battlefield. Converts 3 random basic tiles into Charged tile(s).

(PASSIVE) Field work's a little more interesting when you've got a star hammer with lightning in it, isn't it? Mjolnir's certainly got a field of its own! At the start of the battle, Thor converts 1 random basic tile(s) into Charged tile(s). At the beginning of her turn, Thor converts 1 random basic tile(s) into Charged tile(s). If Thor has 8 AP or less in any of her strongest colors, at the beginning of her turn and whenever she fires an ability, Thor destroys 1 random adjacent tile to each Charged tile on the board, prioritizing special tiles. (Destroyed tiles do not deal damage or generate AP).
  • Level 2: At the start of the battle, Thor converts 2 random basic tiles into Charged tile(s).
  • Level 3: Converts 4 random basic tiles into Charged tile(s).
  • Level 4: At the start of the battle, Thor converts 3 random basic tiles into Charged tile(s).
  • Level 5: Converts 5 random basic tiles into Charged tile(s).
Share the Love - 8  AP
Mjolnir may be in pieces, but that just means it's easier to share! Thor destroys all Charged tiles on the board; For each Charged tile destroyed, she deals 861 damage to a random enemy. She then converts 2 random basic tiles into Charged tile(s). (Destroyed tiles do not deal damage or generate AP). (Max level 3461 damage)
  • Level 2: Deals 932 damage. (Max level 3750 damage)
  • Level 3: Converts 3 random basic tiles into Charged tile(s).
  • Level 4: Deals 1132 damage. (Max level 4551 damage)
  • Level 5: Deals 1395 damage. Converts 4 random basic tiles into Charged tile(s). (Max level 5609 damage)

Release Schedule

All times in Pacific

Release Events

Story

Meet Rocket & Groot - 6/30 - 7/3

Thor (Mighty Thor) in Placement Rewards

Thick As Thieves - 7/3 - 7/7

Thor (Mighty Thor) in Progression rewards

Versus

Peggy Carter - For Victory - 6/30 - 7/4

Thor (Mighty Thor) shards as Placement rewards

Thor - Trials of Divinity - 7/3 - 7/6

Rewards tokens to the Trust Me, I’m A Doctor vault

Offers

Thunderous Thor Cover Store - 6/30 - 7/3

Chance to get Thor (Mighty Thor). Increased chances in 10x and 40x pulls

Trust Me, I’m A Doctor Limited Vault - 7/7 - 7/10

40 Items:

○      1x Electric Potential Legendary Store Token

○      1x 4-Star Thor(Goddess of Thunder) cover

○      3x Random 3-Star covers

○      6x Heroic tokens

○      4x 2500 Iso

○      6x 1000 Iso

○      5x 500 Iso

○      14x Two stars

Electric Potential Legendary Store - 7/7 - 7/10

15% chance to get Thor (Mighty Thor), Storm (Ororo Munroe), and Electro (Francine Frye)

Additional Tokens can be purchased for 25 Command Points

Comments

• Karass
    Karass Posts: 61 Match Maker
    Jane Thorster maybe?
  • 9RMetal
    9RMetal Posts: 60 Match Maker
    Either is another Mighty Thor or maybe Zeus. :open_mouth:
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2022
    I was hoping her abilities are totally different from 4* Thoress. The main difference is she's generating charged tiles passively and destroying special tiles instead, but she loses her stun.

Anyway questions for her powers:

Red Power
    1) is there any cap for additional damage based on charged tiles matched or destroyed? For example, Big Wheel's speed point has a cap of 20 but it's not stated in the game.

2) "plus low damage for each Charged tile that's been matched or destroyed this match" 

a) Does it mean the total number of charged tiles matched/destroyed since the start of the game? 

b) Does it also count charged tiles matched/destroyed by enemies?

Blue passive power
    "whenever <CHARACTER> uses an ability, each Charged tile on the board destroys 1 random adjacent tile, prioritizing Special tiles."

1) Does this destroy any special tile, regardless of whether it's players or AI's special tile?

I like charged tiles + tiles destruction ability. Sersi, 5torm and Crystal should be good.

550 Gargantos/Kamala Khan/Thoress coming soon, I guess.

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    It should be enemy special tiles. Destroying your own special could be interesting for Polaris and Kamala but harmful for any other character.
    It seems a really reliable 5*. Enforcing charged tiles meta is a welcomed idea.
    Characters such as crystal, BB, storm, cable, havok, negasonic, lockjaw and black knight could see more use.
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,013 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ooooh. These powers got me feeling a certain type of way. 

The blue makes 3 at the start of the match, and then 2 at the start of each turn? There doesn’t seem to be a cap on it either. 

The blue and yellow powers don’t generate AP or do damage for the tiles they destroy. 

But the red is cheap and seems to have no cap at all? I wonder if the damage done is consecutive or all at once. 

Also, am I reading that yellow right? “For each tile destroyed, deal damage and create 3 charged tiles”. Does that mean if I destroy 8 charged tiles with that power I’ll create 24 charged tiles?

hey, I’m here for it. This might be the catalyst of a new type of great team. A charged tile team. 
  • dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,379 Chairperson of the Boards
    Certainly looks like Thor. Powers seems to be in line with 4* Jane.
    Good health, cheap powers, and certainly seems like a great partner for SC. The yellow could end up being a pretty decent board shake.
    She obviously will have a lot of pairings with 4*'s as @bad said.
    So she will be in LL with Gargantos and Kamala. Not a bad time to pull at all.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,904 Chairperson of the Boards

Also, am I reading that yellow right? “For each tile destroyed, deal damage and create 3 charged tiles”. Does that mean if I destroy 8 charged tiles with that power I’ll create 24 charged tiles?

Pretty sure it's 'destroy all charged tiles' and then 'create 3 charged tiles' so there will be 3 charged tiles on the board.

Depending on the damage from the Red this character could be insanely powerful by turn 7-8. Mirror matches will be especially crazy.

KGB

P.S. We now have our 2nd character with over 1000 match damage so crossing the 1000 barrier seems to be in play now.

• TheVulture
    TheVulture Posts: 413 Mover and Shaker
    Exciting! I can't remember the last 5 star who actually focused on damage dealing skills, and with all the charged tiles flying around could be a good partner for quite a few folks.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Based on precedents, charged tiles are considered as neutral tiles or tile effects like web tiles. However, there are a few characters who are able to tag charged tiles created by players as friendly special tiles. For example, 3* and 5* Starlord are able to differentiate friendly charged tiles from AI charged tiles when they fire their green power.

The question is, are charged tiles considered special tiles for just this character, or is this a permanent change affecting the entire game?
  • Seph1roth5
    Seph1roth5 Posts: 343 Mover and Shaker
    Looks interesting. I could see cashing in my LL/cp for shuma/kamala/this one
  • CHRISJN
    CHRISJN Posts: 105 Tile Toppler
    Im guessing Jane as lady Thor... More damage by charged tiles.. can be gambit-like part 2 but without AP generation..
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    It fits Jane but I would really love it if it was Zeus!!
  • NemoAbernnigan
    NemoAbernnigan Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    I know its not, but I really hope its 5* Beast- 5* Storm also does passive generation of charged tiles, and Broken up would apply to the two of them.

Looks like a fun 5*. Paired with Throg and another charged tile character, or maybe Medusa for AP generation, this character should be great at countering special tile teams like Polaris/BRB or anything with Carnage.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    This character is going to be nasty with Shang-Chi and onslaught. Like a 5* Negasonic. I’m pretty hype for this one.
  • Painmonger
    Painmonger Posts: 147 Tile Toppler
    I used to run 1/2 Thor & America Chavez with 5* essentials for the crits on their boosted match damage. This character would be a lot of fun in that team with crit charged tiles!

Of course if it is Jane Foster she might lock out Thor.  Thematically, they should be playable partners, as MCU Gladiator Thor didn't have Mjolnir!
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,698 Chairperson of the Boards
    Looks good, really not a fan of charge tile characters because far too often it benefits the other team with not enough damage benefit for my team to be worth the risk. Still looks like a good three to pull for.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    If you run this character with Negasonic, that charge tile destruction should double dip, right?