MPQ What's New June (Updated 6/22/22)

1234568»

Comments

• tonypq
    tonypq Posts: 549 Critical Contributor
    Bad said:
    Before the complaints cascade appear, I would like to say that this restriction is something I asked for many times, and I appreciate the chance to play with characters always sitting on the bench. 
    After saying that, I hope the loaners level could increase every round or I will lose one cover.
    I’m with you on that, even though my roster is limited , I enjoy using bench warmers. I’ve been 100% Shang for 3 weeks and I’m embarrassed for myself for playing that way . I became hypocritically the type of player I hate the most.
    I never thought you would turn to the dark side haha.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    DAZ0273 said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    I think this is gonna be very very tough for newer players even early doors.
    I am revising my prediction to a very dead Dark Avengers roster if my guys even make it past Round 2!!!! Proper mad this is!
    He is from the multiverse of madness after all .
  • jkenn58
    jkenn58 Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    I'm surprised that they brought this back but welcome the 5*s. Let's see more events like this. 
  • FairyBlades52
    FairyBlades52 Posts: 49 Just Dropped In
    My Alliance is already downtrodden, a lot of them live in 3* land and just don’t have the roster to get the 5* cover or help the alliance. 
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    My Alliance is already downtrodden, a lot of them live in 3* land and just don’t have the roster to get the 5* cover or help the alliance. 
    If they are in 3* that 5 cover will be useless for a few years anyway . They won’t miss it.
  • AlexR
    AlexR Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    If they are in 3* that 5 cover will be useless for a few years anyway . They won’t miss it.
    It will give them access to the 5* node in SCL 7 PvE though, so they will want and need at least 1 cover to compete.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    If the alliance can’t advance the rounds, gargantos wont be worth enough points to hit personal progression. It used to happen to me a lot. 
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    The concept isn't bad, limited roster for a boss event, giving some loaners, and allowing full 5-star covers in rewards?

Starting with The Dark Avengers... kinda like that meme where the dude sticks a stick in his own bike wheel and crashes on his face.

If they'd dripped in some new Dark Avengers first, like a 3/5 Skaar release (where the 3 is obviously a Dark Avenger, and the 5 isn't, but would still be connected for this event), maybe a 4-star Iron Patriot, maybe one or two more, so there's just a little bit more of a robust roster, and it might not have been so bad. Or maybe if they'd introduced the format with something not quite as limited, so we got to experience the growing pains of working with a Heroic roster before having to do it with the Dark Avengers.

Regardless, going into a new event and not being able to gauge how your alliance will do isn't fun. Especially for those of us with families of alliances trying to juggle 100+ people for the event. We've got a lot of people anxious or kinda defeated by the limitations, and not a lot Commanders can do for them.
  • Chipster22
    Chipster22 Posts: 297 Mover and Shaker
    Expectations management is a factor here again I believe.  Perhaps the better time to announce that the roster would be restricted was at the same moment it was announced that 5* covers would be rewarded.

Once again hopes ran high and were potentially dashed for at least those with less powerful rosters.

I actually like the idea of having more difficult events once in a while to reward those who have been loyal to the game and built up powerful roster but this should be clearly stated in the initial announcement of the event. 

Until today, we had no reason to believe it would be more difficult to earn the 5*s this time than during the prior run of the event.

Overall the new developers are doing great, so hopefully this is an isolated misstep and will perhaps be rectified.

• Blackstone
    Blackstone Posts: 596 Critical Contributor
    I'm enjoying the event thus far, because it's a challenge.

However, I feel as though that will change within the next round. 

The dark avengers roster isn't very deep or well rounded for this. 

Most of my alliance doesn't have the characters to even try and are tapping out because they don't want to waste their time. I think there are 4 people still going.

Which means, even with a full roster, I won't make full progression because there's not enough participation.

I like the idea, and hope to see other similar events; but hope future ones work on the critiques of this one and improve the experience.
  • Notepaddy
    Notepaddy Posts: 22 Just Dropped In
    Enjoying the event for myself so far. I've never read and swapped so many supports before today. I have the 4/5 champs, so I really only need Scorpion/AV to land one power. I'm waiting(hoping) for the side nodes to get harder to really test things out. My alliance mates that have not been playing for forever are not fairing as well, although it has sparked fun discussion over strategy(with good results). I would like to see more heroics, but they make more sense when the player can choose a CL level to mitigate the pain. 
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 764 Critical Contributor
    Must be national challenge week somewhere as we have puzzle gauntlet as well as this Ltd character use event.

maybe because this event was so easy last time they decided to up the difficulty level. Alliance are doing ok so far, we are up to round 4, don’t know if we will get to finish but I’ll be happy if we reach round 8 as most of my alliance won’t have the 5*s champed 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    Must be national challenge week somewhere as we have puzzle gauntlet as well as this Ltd character use event.

maybe because this event was so easy last time they decided to up the difficulty level. Alliance are doing ok so far, we are up to round 4, don’t know if we will get to finish but I’ll be happy if we reach round 8 as most of my alliance won’t have the 5*s champed 
    We have 14 who have played so far which I am very pleased about. The patch will help our guys too. I always have to usually miss the 9am refresh due to work which is a downer on this one as we could really use the points. Ah well, we end up where we end up. This is better than Boss Rush was - although I might fancy my chances against that these days.
  • FairyBlades52
    FairyBlades52 Posts: 49 Just Dropped In
    If the alliance can’t advance the rounds, gargantos wont be worth enough points to hit personal progression. It used to happen to me a lot. 
    Exactly, If I play all rounds and can’t get at least my personal progression for 1 KK cover I’m going to be annoyed and my alliance will feel like what’s the point of grinding if you can’t even reward yourself.

The synergy aspect is good and I enjoy it cause I have a champed roster including a 5*SD. It’s just in looking at their rosters the few who want to play more don’t even have the three needed to make a team at 3*. 
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    Exactly, If I play all rounds and can’t get at least my personal progression for 1 KK cover I’m going to be annoyed and my alliance will feel like what’s the point of grinding if you can’t even reward yourself.

The synergy aspect is good and I enjoy it cause I have a champed roster including a 5*SD. It’s just in looking at their rosters the few who want to play more don’t even have the three needed to make a team at 3*. 
    We just started level 5 in my alliance and I will reach personal full progression early Sunday morning so even though only 7 in my alliance played significantly it’s still easily accomplished to get the KK5 
  • CoxLargo
    CoxLargo Posts: 53 Match Maker
    Any update :*