Gargantos Boss Event Change (Live) (6/23/22)

Comments

• bickle
    bickle Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    The loaners are irrelevant by round 6. What really would have helped would have been to restrict character selection on only 2 of the 3 slots, similar to how it is implemented in Shield training. So 2 slots for DA characters and 1 slot where you can use any character. 
  • Meander
    Meander Posts: 267 Mover and Shaker
    I appreciate a new (old concept,  but new to bosses) take on bosses, i think that's awesome.  I also appreciate the updates in real time.  One thing i might suggest for a real time update is adjusting the side node difficulty as well.  I am going to struggle if this gets worse.  Also,  an idea for future releases is maybe adding a second niche tag for team composition.  This might mean deploying new tags for team specific.  Maybe something like the dark avengers and wakanda are teaming up to beat X. 
  • dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,379 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2022
    My SG is round 6 going to be 7 in minutes. The side nodes will be painful for the last few rounds. I can already see burning 5-10 health packs per round clear 3-5 for the boss and 3-5 for the side nodes
  • Aueio
    Aueio Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
    As a young player who doesn't have these 4 and 5 star characters, let alone any good suppors, this event is nothing to care about. Having to rely on 2 star Moonstone and 3 star Daken / Bullseye is just not... Not.
    I've been able to collect a few hundred ISO from the nodes so far, but yeah...
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    If the goal is to train players to go wide on roster rather than tall, this is certainly a way to do it. Unfortunately you can't just..."do"it in a reasonable amount of time given the game's economy. So we'll have to see how this trajectory goes. I've said a few times that I'm pretty prepared for this due to how I've chosen to play these last several human years. Overall i'm still enjoying it because i'm able to do so. I'd listen to the younger rosters if possible, they're the ones you need to curate if you want them to grow into middle age and then older roster players rather than "away 5 months" status in your alliance pages.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    The loaners on round 6. 2 minutes battle.
    https://youtu.be/EQ1MxWmIdy8
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 965 Critical Contributor
    With the new loaners I think it is almost too easy, I just did an entire set of clears with them including the boss node.  My alt account which has only 2* champs is breezing through.  I honestly was digging the challenge of using strategic boosts and supports to win.  This feels like an overcorrection.  
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,569 Chairperson of the Boards
    Round 5 not an issue so far with Garg. His blue is no longer one-shotting everything so far. Side nodes seem pretty much as you were for a Boss Event on day 2 refresh.
  • bickle
    bickle Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    Bad said:
    The loaners on round 6. 2 minutes battle.
    https://youtu.be/EQ1MxWmIdy8
    For some reason the video won’t play. But I can see from the screenshot that it is against the boss. In the latter rounds, the boss is almost always much easier than the side nodes
  • The Viceroy Returns
    The Viceroy Returns Posts: 491 Mover and Shaker
    bickle said:
    For some reason the video won’t play. But I can see from the screenshot that it is against the boss. In the latter rounds, the boss is almost always much easier than the side nodes

I have NEVER understood why the side nodes go from 50-ish level INSTANTLY to 300+ level with no gap in between after like a day or so.  It's baffling.

Their levels should be based on the Round you are in not time passed, and incrementally increase not take a massive level jump all at once.
    The side nodes shouldn't be noticeably harder than the boss.  Most Alliances don't even bother playing anymore once the side node hit this level mark.
  • jsmjsmjsm00
    jsmjsmjsm00 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    @Omegased and @Tiger_Wong I'm thrilled to see some level-headed people in these forums. I felt like I was on crazy pills reading a lot of the complaining. Champed 4*s and supports make this very doable, but it appears most people here don't have the attention to think about their team and supports. The one person saying they should be allowed to use their Hulkoye because it'd be so much easier is literally the embodiment of what is wrong with the user base. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,569 Chairperson of the Boards
    bickle said:

I have NEVER understood why the side nodes go from 50-ish level INSTANTLY to 300+ level with no gap in between after like a day or so.  It's baffling.

Their levels should be based on the Round you are in not time passed, and incrementally increase not take a massive level jump all at once.
    The side nodes shouldn't be noticeably harder than the boss.  Most Alliances don't even bother playing anymore once the side node hit this level mark.
    Top Alliances sure but most Alliances? I reckon most Alliances have to go to Sunday for full progression if they get there at all. So yeah, I expect to be playing with the second pump after Saturday's refresh myself and my Alliance tries pretty hard with Boss Events. The only one we ever knock out by Saturday is Sinister Syndicate thanks to the double boss points on offer.
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 967 Critical Contributor
    I have a question about the side nodes. My alliance is currently on round 4. The side node Decoy/Brawler/Defender was lvl 221. I'm lvl 196 with about 25 champed 5*. An alliance mate is lvl 200, around 35 champed 5*. He gets the same node, but at lvl 382. That seems like a giant hike for a comparable roster. Why that big a difference?

To get a comparison as honest as possible we use the same 3 characters: Scorpion, Yelena and Agent Venom. Unboosted these are the levels for me : 301, 330 and 328. Numbers for ally mate are : 294, 450 and 316
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dogface said:
    I have a question about the side nodes. My alliance is currently on round 4. The side node Decoy/Brawler/Defender was lvl 221. I'm lvl 196 with about 25 champed 5*. An alliance mate is lvl 200, around 35 champed 5*. He gets the same node, but at lvl 382. That seems like a giant hike for a comparable roster. Why that big a difference?

To get a comparison as honest as possible we use the same 3 characters: Scorpion, Yelena and Agent Venom. Unboosted these are the levels for me : 301, 330 and 328. Numbers for ally mate are : 294, 450 and 316
    That's OG roster scaling in effect.
    People with high level 4s and a champed 5 are looking at level 413 side nodes now.
    The event considers your useable roster only.
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ohh can this bring back heroics? Hope so.

As has been posted by a few forum members us vets & whales *only* care about changes that hurt new players....so thumbs up!!
  • TheVulture
    TheVulture Posts: 413 Mover and Shaker
    Still looking comfortable after the 4th clear, so hopeful a solo progression 5* cover is still on the table - will be interesting to see how far the scaling rises, after adjustments, as I'm only going to be able to get as far as a low-champed Scorpion + A.Venom/Venom pairing can get me.

Dark Avengers was always going to be polarizing, but hopefully good data being gathered for the next heroic with a broader team/theme.
  • bladewing
    bladewing Posts: 125 Tile Toppler
    Omegased said:
    Omegased said:
    My supports suck, RnG has always screwed me on that part of the game, so not much help there.
    And like I said, I never even get to fire a power, so one-shotting him is impossible.
    How do you supports suck? A lot can give you ap even at 3star. Have you been playing long?

Agent venom's black cost 5ap. If you use a boost, that's potentially one match.

I agree this is harder than some events, but maybe try the puzzle aspect a little before you right it off.

Four years. I have zero 5* supports, a handful of 4*s (none of them useful here) a few 3*s and a bunch of 1*s and 2*s. Like I said, RnG always screwed me on supports. And most of the ones that have been in the Puzzle Gauntlet were useless too. Those only ever gave me two 3*s every edition as well by the way. Supposedly there is a chance of a 4* or 5*, but I still haven't seen any proof of that myself.
    And I brought max boosts. 4 black AP at the start of the match. It gets destroyed next turn though, so I still never get to use it.
     You don't need 5 star supports. Maybe look at yours?

Corvus Glaive (rank4) - 61% chance to start with 2 purple AP, 17% chance to damage at the start of turn (which will trigger Venoms yellow)
    Quantum Realm (rank3) - 37% chance to start with 5 purple AP 
    Atlantis (rank3. was last months puzzle quest) - 53% Chance to start with 5 green AP
    Yaro Root (rank3) - 53% chance to start with 5 Green AP
    Chewie - Chip damage as always
    Chimichanga / Shuri's Lab - will generate red, but can only equip to Heros (Yelena/Venom/Sam Daken) No good to me, as Daken is the only real red user, but could be a game changer for someone with him champed.

I have:
    Corvus Glaive - 2*
    Quantum Realm - 3*
    Atlantis - 2* (was definitely not last month's puzzle gauntlet, also why would you want green? You don't want to have any SAP tiles against Gargantos and Scorpion's green hardly does damage)
    Yaro - 1*
    Chewie - 3*, but only makes you die faster by creating a special tile for Gargantos to abuse
    Chimichanga/Shuri's lab - 3*, but useless because my OMD and Yelena are at lvl 255
    So yeah, I actually possess one slightly useful support (QR). Not going to do me much good if the AP it gives me 47% of the time always gets destroyed long before it can be used though.
    Yeah, it's annoying how most of my good supports aren't usable because the Dark Avengers theme means nearly every playable character is a villian, and most supports are for heroes.  The only hero Dark Avenger is Agent Venom and mine is under-covered.  

My best support is a 4-star Chewie, but like you said, the Attack tiles it creates will only fuel Garagantos' black power. So I'm effectively locked out of using him. And most of the villian supports have an element of SAP tile creation, so I don't want to use those either.

Quantum Realm doesn't help me because my Scorpion has only 2 covers (was formerly just one cover before gaining a cover through progression of this event).

And yes, Atlantis was definitely not the prize for the previous Puzzle Gauntlet. I know because my Atlantis is only 2-star, and I've played every Puzzle Gauntlet in the past 7 or 8 months.

However, I do appreciate that Broken Circle has listened to the players and upgraded the loaners a little bit. 
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,516 Chairperson of the Boards
    Listening to feedback AND immediate change? I am loving the new you, MPQ.
  • Blackstone
    Blackstone Posts: 595 Critical Contributor
    I must say that this event is showing me that scorpion and agent venom are more fun than I'd previously thought. 
  • jsmjsmjsm00
    jsmjsmjsm00 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    More of the 4 and 5 star Dark Avengers are heroes than villains.

Yelena, 5* Daken, and Agent Venom are all heroes and can therefore use the hero supports.