MPQ What's New June (Updated 6/22/22)

Comments

• BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,159 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2022
    Here's an example of what a Heroic PVE looked like. This was before 5*, so I won't be including them.

1*: you could only choose from Iron Man, Storm, Hawkeye.
    2*: you could only choose from Magneto, Ms Marvel, Ares, Human Torch.
    3*: you could only choose from Kamala, Panther, Bullseye, Daken, Cyclops, Loki, Sentry, She-Hulk.
    4*: you could only choose from Wolverine, Invisible Woman, Nick Fury, Kingpin, Thing, Deadpool, Nova, Elektra, Thor.

These were the only characters you were allowed to use throughout that entire event, in addition to whoever was essential. You can see why many players complained of restrictions in teambuilding, especially as more and more characters kept and keep being added.

And unless there's a complete overhaul in implementation, we'll never see a regular Heroic PVE again, especially with CL10. Imagine the furore when players are unable to use feasible 5* champs and winfinite combos because they are locked out.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Oof.
    People will not be happy with the Heroic format in a Boss event.
    Prepare for pitchforks.

This should have been tested in an extra PVE event, not with two 5* covers at stake.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,698 Chairperson of the Boards
    But with two covers and quite simply the easiest boss event there’s been you can’t just give the covers away. I mean I was winning just about every match on the first turn with the boss last run.

Boss events used to have that ‘are we going to make it’ feel at four star level. That’s about the right balance imo. I mean, look how excited people got about making alternative accounts to grind out shards when all was lost. Then post about how we wanted more of that.

I actually preferred the boss fight engagement when everyone had to be on it from round 1. Now we have have 4 or 5 people doing that. Another 5 to 8 dipping in and out and the rest waiting for all the donkey work to be done and smash it out at r7 to 8.

There’s even that boss event that I’m sure you can complete not playing any of the nodes and just waiting for the boss flips.
  • Bowgentle
    Personally I'm ok with it, that's what a broad roster is for.
    The Shang crowd will not like it.
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 764 Critical Contributor
    Using only certain characters will be more of a challenge, hopefully it won’t mean players with lower level characters that haven’t been playing for as long as us veterans will still be able to compete. Good to see loaned characters as not everyone has all the characters that 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've seen requests from players about wanting the dev to lock out characters so that they'll be forced to play certain characters sitting untouched. I guess the new dev has fulfilled their fantasy of MPQ sadomasochism?

The players complaining would probably be those who are used to finishing matches in 15-60 seconds? 

"Note: This Event is a Dark Avengers HEROIC Event. Meaning that Dark Avengers ONLY may be used. Several Dark Avengers will be Loaned for this event.
    Featured: Green Goblin, Wolverine (Samurai Daken), Yelena Belova (Black Widow), Scorpion, Venom (Eddie Brock), Venom (Agent Venom), Sentry, Ragnarok, Bullseye (Classic), Daken (Classic), Ares, Bullseye (DA), Daken (DA), Moonstone, Venom (DA), Yelena Belova (DA)"

Just look at all these characters that could be used. Marvel Passive Quest has been temporarily halted for one event.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    Very interesting, been a long old while since I played a Heroic Event. I wont lie, the last run of Gargantos event was trivial and I didn't lose a single battle or really come close to doing so but then it helped that I have boosted 5* to use. So this will certainly be a throwback to being a 4* player. I don't have any of the 5's champed - fortunately a boosted Scorpion and Agent Venom alone should be able to do the biz although of course it will be slower. Let's see how it pans out!
  • DAZ0273
    and those affiliated through things like symbiotes

Ah, hang on a minute - does this then also open up the door for 4* Carnage, 5* Carnage & Knull? That ups the firepower somewhat if so.

• HoundofShadow
    Where did you see that? I copied the entire characters available for this boss event and I don't see that. In-game shows the list as it is plus maybe KK and Hulkling?
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Where did you see that? I copied the entire characters available for this boss event and I don't see that. In-game shows the list as it is plus maybe KK and Hulkling?
    It's from IceIX's post on page 4 where he gives the update that the boss event was changed to a Heroic style boss event.
  • AlexR
    AlexR Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    I'm really surprised we only get such a small roster if they're really all we can use. Most people will not have the 5* champed. So... as far as 4* go, Scorpion, Agent Venom and Eddie Brock Venom? That's it? Huh.
  • Bowgentle
    AlexR said:
    I'm really surprised we only get such a small roster if they're really all we can use. Most people will not have the 5* champed. So... as far as 4* go, Scorpion, Agent Venom and Eddie Brock Venom? That's it? Huh.
    Yes, that's what Heroics are.
    Limited roster event.
    There was one where Bagman was one of those.
  • AlexR
    AlexR Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    Yeah, but what BlackBoltRocks describes above has like twice the characters for a tier than this. :P This is less than even a normal boosted list (5 characters). Didn't realise "limited roster" meant literally just 3 characters, that def caught me by surprise.
  • HoundofShadow
    Thanks for pointing that out.

This happens to be a Dark Avenger theme with 16 of them from all tiers. In next run, we could see different affiliations.
  • Ptahhotep
    Ptahhotep Posts: 414 Mover and Shaker
    Does the limited roster apply to team ups or just the characters themselves?
  • DAZ0273
    shardwick said:
    It's from IceIX's post on page 4 where he gives the update that the boss event was changed to a Heroic style boss event.

This. I could of course have completely misinterpreted what that means. I am not able to view any previews in game at present so if the roster is showing in that without these three then assume a mistaken presumption on my part.
  • HoundofShadow
    Maybe you need to update your app. There was a push for update today. I don't see Carnage nor Carnage in the list. Maybe they are part of essential nodes? I've never paid attention to this before, so I'm just guessing.
  • DAZ0273
    Maybe you need to update your app. There was a push for update today. I don't see Carnage nor Carnage in the list. Maybe they are part of essential nodes? I've never paid attention to this before, so I'm just guessing.

I don't need to update my app. I cannot view the preview because I do not have access to MPQ where I am right now! And obviously the words were from IceIX rather than myself, I just parroted them.
  • tonypq
    tonypq Posts: 549 Critical Contributor
    When does Kamala enter latest legends ?
  • jsmjsmjsm00
    jsmjsmjsm00 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    Carnage isn't a dark avenger so I don't know why we'd expect him to be included.