MPQ What's New June (Updated 6/22/22)

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm excited for this week's boost as it will be first time since I champed Iceman. He is not a character I find easy to play so I am hoping this is a chance to figure him out somewhat.
  • Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 558 Critical Contributor
    With Introducing Odin, is he getting a rework? oh gosh i hope he's getting a rework.
  • WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 693 Critical Contributor
    Omegased said:
    With Introducing Odin, is he getting a rework? oh gosh i hope he's getting a rework.
    I second that.  He's the All-Father after all.  
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Does he really need rework? I guess you've not played against a boosted champed version of Odin. Playing against him slow down matches a lot.  :s
  • Omegased
    Does he really need rework? I guess you've not played against a boosted champed version of Odin. Playing against him slow down matches a lot.  :s
    I have a champed Odin, who'se been boosted and i can't really find a way to make him strong and and effective.

I've had a bit of luck with suri/bp, but outside of that it's tricky
  • HoundofShadow
    He was a pain in his previous boost week. I think it was with Wanda.

Here's some past players' experiences with boosted Odin:

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/86012/week-27-boost-black-panther-civil-war-jessica-jones-odin-scarlet-witch-wandavision

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/86529/week-42-boost-black-panther-colossus-gambit-odin

You might get some new ideas on how to use him after reading these experiences.

This week boost has two stunners, so he probably won't be as much of a pain.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Right now there are 2 more defensive characters who can help him to buy time for his toolkit, Abby and Crystal.
    Still playing with defensive characters is really slow. 
  • HoundofShadow
    That's the job of defensive characters: to slow down offense.  That's why you flank your main with two tanks or two offense + 1 tank to increase your attack power. In the case of pick 2, I think DD or Prof X is good with him for this boost week.
  • HoundofShadow
    They actually increased the number of Odin shards from 15 to 75, which is a 400% increment. June is the month of generosity. 
  • Omegased
    He was a pain in his previous boost week. I think it was with Wanda.

Here's some past players' experiences with boosted Odin:

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/86012/week-27-boost-black-panther-civil-war-jessica-jones-odin-scarlet-witch-wandavision

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/86529/week-42-boost-black-panther-colossus-gambit-odin

You might get some new ideas on how to use him after reading these experiences.

This week boost has two stunners, so he probably won't be as much of a pain.
    Hey, thanks for sharing. He's certainly dangerous when boosted.

this week i'm enjoying him with Daredevil, and i'm running Shuri to cheapen the powers. as long as the opponents team isn't bogarting the blues (which iceman does), things get very silly.

Cheers
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    I never noticed picking up a 40-pack from one of those 5* hp stores will get 459 5* favorite shards. That’s a steep purchase at 15k Hp, but might be worth saving up for to finish somebody.
  • HoundofShadow
    3*, you meant? You get only 9 5* shards from 5* 40x HP store.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited June 2022
    Lol;yeah that makes way more sense. Carry on, nothing to see here.

I blame this mistake on misleading UX design. The shards are arrayed lowest to highest left to right, but my Favorite character selections are arrayed below those shard stacks left to right from highest to lowest, setting up a false column association.
  • jsmjsmjsm00
    jsmjsmjsm00 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    Shards are color coded though too.... 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited June 2022
    Relying on color is a bad user experience tactic. 

https://blog.prototypr.io/the-ux-of-elevators-8b9bf9e3a5ff

"it is not the user's responsibility to know how to use the product, it is the designer’s responsibility to ensure that the learnability of the product is so superior, that it is obvious how to use it, even without a manual."

https://uxdesign.cc/analyzing-elevator-controls-using-nielsen-normans-usability-heuristics-53e385fa8003

If you've ever spent any time looking into human factors with an eye towards creating an interface, you can't unsee it when things are built sub-optimally. Designing a User Experience, the new term of choice for User Interface, is supposed to encompass the totality of what a user "feels"when interacting with your device, not just the shape, color, and layout of the controls in your interface. I had and have a lot of opinions about the UX of this game that may or may not matter to anyone else lol.
  • HoundofShadow
    Seeing how the new dev is so generous with 5* shards and 5* covers (as of now), they might pump up the number of 5* shards from 9 to something else.

It's interesting to see what they have in store for the future with such generosity. The next run of Gargantos boss event and Welcoming Pack are something to look out for.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's not just 5* shards and covers.
    They decreased pvp rewards and promised it will stay as it is.
    Just that fact is a lot more valuable on long term than some 5* shards and covers, and it's QoL.
    A really good 4* feeding SW.
    And many other promises that will mean a lot for us players. 
  • HoundofShadow
    5* covers/shards are the most valuable items in the game. If they continue to be generous with 5* shards and covers, some big move got to be coming to the game.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,312 Site Admin
    Minor update, added the next DDQ.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    I mean I'd settle for just an update of next week's boost list.