**** Hulkling (Dorrek VIII) ****

Comments

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,698 Chairperson of the Boards
    EddieCL said:
    HoundofShadow said:...They are still familiarising themselves with the buttons, I guess.
    They let the hamster die... :/

Hamster worked for Demi.
  • Wolvie171
    Wolvie171 Posts: 163 Tile Toppler
    The hamster is running again. It appears they're resetting the event as Webbed Wonder no longer shows up in the game
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    The former studio forgot the hamster and now is unfeed, escaped his jail, and is running wildly across the buttons seeking revenge.
  • 9RMetal
    9RMetal Posts: 60 Match Maker
    well the game literally just told us that it is in fact Hulking!
  • NemoAbernnigan
    NemoAbernnigan Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    I am completely out of the loop. What is this Schrodinger's hamster yall speak of?
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    The Hamster.

For now it seems like they've got an intern spinning it manually until the Hamster is retrieved or replaced.
  • LakeStone
    LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator
    It's hulkling, previewable in game with the webbed wonder event. I wonder if the hulkling support will be equipable to hulkling.
    Good catch! Hulkling is indeed our next character as his character information was shown while the incorrect event popped up earlier today (and quickly replaced).  We will share all the details about Hulkling in our character announcement going out tomorrow.  
  • NemoAbernnigan
    NemoAbernnigan Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    JHawkInc said:
    The Hamster.

For now it seems like they've got an intern spinning it manually until the Hamster is retrieved or replaced.
    Ok, I shoulda guessed, I generally know my tropes, but I got caught on a thought loop, worrying about an office pet hamster that Demi left behind and uncared for or something haha. Thank you for setting my mind at ease.
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,529 Chairperson of the Boards
    Good thing they no longer have a Cobra in the office or I'd get worried about the hamster!
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,308 Site Admin
    Howard rolled a natural 20 on his Investigation roll and sleuthed out the next new character's identity early. Thanks to the Duck Detective (ducktective?), we can reveal the identity of our next character, the Young Avenger, Hulkling!
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Does the second part of his green destroy (up to) 18 surrounding tiles,  18 random tiles or 2 3X3 block of tiles? The maximum number of tiles that can surround a tile is 8. If we extend one tile further, it would be 16. I'm still trying to get used to the new wordings.

Also, when Hulkling's abilities were accidentally made available in game, the sentence structure for his yellow power was really off. It's totally different from the reveal that we have now. Just wondering if the accident preview was a "draft" version of Hulkling's abilities or the accident preview will be rolled out as it was. If so, there was also grammatical error for his green power.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,308 Site Admin
    edited June 2022
    Does the second part of his green destroy (up to) 18 surrounding tiles,  18 random tiles or 2 3X3 block of tiles? The maximum number of tiles that can surround a tile is 8. If we extend one tile further, it would be 16. I'm still trying to get used to the new wordings.

Also, when Hulkling's abilities were accidentally made available in game, the sentence structure for his yellow power was really off. It's totally different from the reveal that we have now. Just wondering if the accident preview was a "draft" version of Hulkling's abilities or the accident preview will be rolled out as it was. If so, there was also grammatical error for his green power.
    We work on characters literally up to the last minute before they release which includes grammar and continuity checks, which Hulkling was and is still going through. 

As for the destruction, it chooses random tiles directly around the Smash tiles. Since there needs to be 3+, there are a minimum of 15 tiles surrounding them and a maximum of up to 32. The ability will choose from among those tiles to destroy. Edit: I guess technically you could have 3 in 3 of the corners, making 9 tiles minimum. In that case, those 9 would be destroyed.
  • HoundofShadow
    Glad to know those were drafts.  

I forgot there would be three Smash tiles. I love tile destruction abilities, so I'll wait for shield training to see how it looks like in practice. 

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,901 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2022
    @IceIX - Is there a mistake on 'Into the Fray'? It says he does 40% more damage. Then with 3 covers it says 40% more damage and 5 covers 50% more damage.

Is it meant to say 40% then 45% at 3 covers then 50% at 5 covers? Or is it mean to be cumulative extra percentage so at 1 cover it's 40% more, at 3 covers it's 40% + 40% more (+80%) and 5 covers it's 40% + 40% + 50% (+130%)?

KGB

P.S. That Yellow skill, Hardened Spikes is going to be quite powerful if he's tanking in 4* land because of the clap back 1200 damage every time he takes damage.

• HoundofShadow
    His yellow is a mix of 5* Moon Knight's green and Echo's purple. Bring two airborne/invisible character if you want him to tank.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    His active yellow is crazy for any special tiles team. He fortifyes and increases special tiles by 100%.
    There is no other 4* who can perform such a fine refinement. And on 5* land only sersi, still after sersi hulkling yellow could be great too.
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2022
    IceIX said:
    Howard rolled a natural 20 on his Investigation roll and sleuthed out the next new character's identity early. Thanks to the Duck Detective (ducktective?), we can reveal the identity of our next character, the Young Avenger, Hulkling!
    @IceIX
    It is the 10 yr anniversary of Gravity Falls, and since Disney owns Marvel... Are we getting Ducktective?!?!  o:)

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    IceIX said:
    @IceIX
    It is the 10 yr anniversary of Gravity Falls, and since Disney owns Marvel... Are we getting Ducktective?!?!  o:)

This is just like my life. In a way.
  • ThisisClemFandango
    ThisisClemFandango Posts: 638 Critical Contributor
    Got to be 3/5/5 right?
  • St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 587 Critical Contributor
    So we now know it is Hilkling officially but the updated first post does not mention the support Hulkling...can you equip Hulkling to Hulkling? How does this work with a support now a character in the game?