OKTAGON Q&A Session - May 2022 *UPDATE (6/8/2022)

Options
Magic:PQ Support Team
Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,277 Chairperson of the Boards
edited July 2022 in MtGPQ General Discussion

ANSWERS

1. why Sigarda in MID is multi-colored WG (Sigarda, Champion of Light and Sigarda, Host of Herons), but at the same time Liesa, Forgotten Archangel is mono-colored and is not WB?
    Answer: Thank you for bringing this up. We have shared this with the team for review. 

1. There seems to be a huge gap in paper magic between Streets of New Capenna and Dominaria United.  Does MTGPQ have some ideas to fill that gap?  Will we see any of the special products like warhammer crossover etc? 
    Answer: Thank you for your interest. The team is currently working on content that should be released before Dominaria United (DMU). We can’t say much at this point, but themed boosters are involved. There are no plans in regards to the other products by Wizards of the Coast.

2. Suggestion: An additional, daily Training Grounds that rotates through different blocks, formats, or other interesting restrictions. It doesn't even need to offer prizes. Just something to help mix the game up. Odyssey Block, for example, has a ton of great mechanics that never get played because Seize the Day has specific requirements that encourage very particular deck design. It would be great to have an Odyssey Block TG to let us explore.
    Answer: Thank you for your feedback! This is a great idea and we have this shared with the team.

3. Suggestion: A new feature in Training Grounds to let us select which PW we face off against after we win 4 matches. Sometimes, we not only want to test a deck in TG, but we also want to test it against a specific PW.
    Answer: Thank you for your feedback! This is an interesting idea and we have shared this with the team.

• Favorite card from the development team this month:

We asked the development team to choose a favorite card for this month and they chose: Lotus Blossom.

According to one of our Game Designers, this is her favorite card because "it's the most Puzzle Quest card out there! It synergizes with all the board mechanics and has one of the most helpful Puzzle mechanics of all, Lotus Field. It's very versatile! "

What about you, have you played with this card? What did you think? Comment your opinion below.  ⬇

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hi everyone,

How are you?
Here's another Q&A SESSION.
We will answer the questions posted by May 22nd, so please send your questions and doubts HERE.
Make sure to submit only 2-3 questions maximum, this way the team is able to focus and will try to answer all questions in a given month.

Thank you for all the support,
Rebeca

Comments

• Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,934 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Will there be any new tricolor Planeswalkers introduced in the next set to take advantage of all the new tri-color cards we will be gaining in New Capenna?
  • Mainloop25
    Options
    The rewards system in coalition events needs a revamp. Instead of individual ranked rewards, it should be final progression score reward. If you you get the full 140 points in a pvp event, you get the points as usual. 138 gets the next tier of rewards, 137 the next, and so on. This means that dropping an objective doesn't put you so far down in rewards that the individual ranking hardly matters. This will also make more players participate because there is more of an incentive to keep playing even if they lose a match. Will you please bring this suggestion to the developers?
  • jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The rewards system in coalition events needs a revamp. Instead of individual ranked rewards, it should be final progression score reward. If you you get the full 140 points in a pvp event, you get the points as usual. 138 gets the next tier of rewards, 137 the next, and so on. This means that dropping an objective doesn't put you so far down in rewards that the individual ranking hardly matters. This will also make more players participate because there is more of an incentive to keep playing even if they lose a match. Will you please bring this suggestion to the developers?
    I feel like this is asked every month. 
    Maybe a sticky post to address it permanently?
  • Mainloop25
    Options
    Until they address it, I'll keep copy pasting it
  • khurram
    khurram Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    What happened to posting the Q&A for May... Its delayed by 17 days at this point? 
  • jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2022
    Options
    khurram said:
    What happened to posting the Q&A for May... Its delayed by 17 days at this point? 

April Q&A was answered on May 10th.
    March Q&A was answered on April 5th.
    February Q&A was answered on March 11th.
    January Q&A was answered on February 9th.
    December Q&A was answered on January 13th.
    September Q&A was answered on October 12th.
  • Larz70
    Larz70 Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
    Options
    ... and May Q&A will be answered on June 27th, 17 days delayed compared to the last Q&A.
  • khurram
    Options
    Why even say that it will be posted on the 22nd then. They say that every time and its never true. They pick only a handful of question and many of them are answered with phrases like "that's interesting" , " we'll bring it up with the team" or "would you like to tell us more about that idea" 

Q&As are supposed be about new developments and getting the players excited about upcoming stuff in the game or the features that they've been asking for. The QAs we get are the most anti climactic, especially considering the time it takes for them to actually post anything. There are no real sneak peeks. 
  • Asylamb
    Asylamb Posts: 160 Tile Toppler
    Options
    They would answer the questions that were posted by May 22nd, not post the answers by May 22nd.
  • Magic:PQ Support Team
    edited June 2022
    Options
    (6/8/22) UPDATE - Answers 
    Thank you all for participating 🧡, the June Q&A has already started here.
    Rebeca
  • Magic:PQ Support Team
    Options
    Hello guys, 

Q&A responses are usually responded to 2 weeks after the question submissions close date. For example, I open a new thread at beginning of every month, around the 1st. Then at the end of the month, around the 25th, I send the questions posted until that day to the team. They usually need a period of two weeks to respond (which may vary according to work demands), and as soon as I have the answers I'll post them here for you.

Regarding questions that are not answered by our team, unfortunately, there are certain questions that we are not allowed to answer, I understand this can be frustrating and we apologize. I hope you are enjoying the Q&A sessions and that this doesn't stop you from continuing to send us your questions, we will always do our best to answer them! 😁

Rebeca
  • khurram
    Options
    Hello guys, 

Q&A responses are usually responded to 2 weeks after the question submissions close date. For example, I open a new thread at beginning of every month, around the 1st. Then at the end of the month, around the 25th, I send the questions posted until that day to the team. They usually need a period of two weeks to respond (which may vary according to work demands), and as soon as I have the answers I'll post them here for you.

Regarding questions that are not answered by our team, unfortunately, there are certain questions that we are not allowed to answer, I understand this can be frustrating and we apologize. I hope you are enjoying the Q&A sessions and that this doesn't stop you from continuing to send us your questions, we will always do our best to answer them! 😁

Rebeca
  • Janosik
    Janosik Posts: 322 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Lotus Blossom is not very powerful. Are a lot of people playing with it, according to your metrics?
  • Mainloop25
    Options
    Isn't it a paid exclusive? Probably not, then 
  • Janosik
    Janosik Posts: 322 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Isn't it a paid exclusive? Probably not, then 
    In that case: are the people who bought it playing with it regularly?
  • wraszowixuXuxi
    wraszowixuXuxi Posts: 44 Just Dropped In
    Options
    The key with Lotus Blossom might be to not run conversion that might trigger it early. I did notice that once it triggers with a high level, it might be a way to summon Enlist gems in lower rows. Haven't tried to see if it does the same since the SNC update, though.