Marvel Puzzle Quest R254 Release Notes (6/6/22)

LakeStone
LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator

Hi Everyone –

Here are the R254 Release Notes.

“Green pride…”

• Celebrate the premiere of the Disney+ special Ms. Marvel with cosmic in-game events!
  • Father’s Day is here in MPQ! Jump in for some fun paternal rewards!
  • Hack and Slash your way to the top of the Deadpool PVP Arena!
  • The All-father needs your help! Battle your way through this godly story event!

Additional Details:

• Fixed issues with spelling and grammar in multiple languages.

Thank you for playing!

Tagged:

Comments

• Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 556 Critical Contributor
    Is green pride hulkling? Or maybe some Irish character ?
  • ThisisClemFandango
    ThisisClemFandango Posts: 638 Critical Contributor
    My monies on she hulk
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Isn't it too early for She-Hulk? Her show is on Aug 17.

I was thinking of Hulk and it led me to Abomination, who was one of the choices in this year poll.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    Black Tom, let’s go!
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards
    I googled "Green pride Marvel" and found this:

Seems unlikely from such a minor appearance but they do have green hair.

If the pride bit is meant to throw us off the scent then I guess we haven't had Banshee yet? Or Doc Samson maybe?
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Since it's Pride Month (and Disney is pushing for this, and we got a new dev on board, maybe Hulkling might get a chance to be a playable character.

Other LGBT characters that I googled who are green in someway:

1) Moondragon
    2) Speed
    3) Anole

And I've no idea who all of them are though. The more memorable one is Moondragon, who's Drax's daughter.
  • SaltnPeppa
    SaltnPeppa Posts: 297 Mover and Shaker
    edited June 2022
    Hulkling!   Wiccan needs his nonbinary partner for pride month!  
  • jsmjsmjsm00
    jsmjsmjsm00 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    If it is Hulkling, is this the first support turned to a playable character? 
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 975 Critical Contributor
    If it is Hulkling, is this the first support turned to a playable character? 
    I think it is. We've had powers turned to playable characters before, but not a support.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards
    If it is Hulkling and we are getting Supports as characters it opens up Wong, Sharon Carter but more importantly Lockheed!!! Bring us some of that dragon action. Yah!
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    So I've observed that the iOS version of the game is loading on my phone, at a guess, 30% faster than the prior iteration (maybe 2 iterations ago, but not more than that). It's been a lot of loads already, playing PvP, that I'm confident it's not just a local-to-my-environment phenomenon. It's extremely welcome.

Has anybody else observed this? I hope so! And if it's something the devs have worked on -- and I'm not just crowing about a random snappier experience unique to me -- thanks devs!
  • Rhipf
    Rhipf Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    Yepyep said:
    So I've observed that the iOS version of the game is loading on my phone, at a guess, 30% faster than the prior iteration (maybe 2 iterations ago, but not more than that). It's been a lot of loads already, playing PvP, that I'm confident it's not just a local-to-my-environment phenomenon. It's extremely welcome.

Has anybody else observed this? I hope so! And if it's something the devs have worked on -- and I'm not just crowing about a random snappier experience unique to me -- thanks devs!

I actually find the game slower after the latest update (it seems to take a lot longer for the AI move to finish). I am on an Android device though so maybe that is what is giving us different experiences.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've actually noticed that coming back from a lock screen or switching between apps is triggering the full-app refresh as if my Camera app were open (it isn't) on iOS, so I guess I've had a bit of an opposite experience lately.
  • Jacklag
    Jacklag Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    I would rather Abomination be a 5* character, though "Green Pride" as a hint for Hulkling on Pride month would be too obvious. At the same time, it NOT being a LGBT+ character after that hint could even be considered offensive. Maybe it's Moondragon, that could be an interesting 4*.
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Rhipf said:
    Yepyep said:

I actually find the game slower after the latest update (it seems to take a lot longer for the AI move to finish). I am on an Android device though so maybe that is what is giving us different experiences.

I've actually noticed that coming back from a lock screen or switching between apps is triggering the full-app refresh as if my Camera app were open (it isn't) on iOS, so I guess I've had a bit of an opposite experience lately.
    Perhaps I wasn't clear -- I was only speaking of a cold boot of the game. Not game play and not switching between apps (with any multitasking implications that brings in).