***** Kamala Khan (Origin) *****

IceIX
IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,308 Site Admin
edited June 2022 in Character Details

Kamala Khan (Origin)

5-Star Rarity
Affiliations: Heroes

"Kamala Khan is just your average Pakistani-American Muslim 16-year-old growing up in Jersey City. She's a great student, an avid gamer, and a voracious fan fiction scribe. While she's got the best family and friends in the world, they might be a close second to her greatest love of all: Super Heroes, capital S, capital H. Kamala's got a very special affinity for Captain Marvel in particular. She often feels caught between many worlds, and she struggles to feel like she totally fits in at home or at school.

That is, until she gets super-powers like the heroes she's always looked up to. Things must be easier with super-powers, right?"

(Abilities listed at level 255, followed by 450)
14541 Health / 58447 Health
 230 | 30 | 179 | 28 | 205 | 25 | 114 | 4.0x
 922 | 117 | 718 | 108 | 820 | 99 | 456 | 4.0x

I'm A Super Hero - 10  AP
"Whoever saves one person, it as if she has saved all of mankind". Kamala reaches out and generates a shield of crystallized light, creating 9 strength 89 Protect tiles and clears any stuns affecting her allies. If a Study tile exists on the board, she also fortifies 4 of those tiles. (Max level 356 Protect tiles)
  • Level 2: Creates 10 Protect tiles. Fortifies 5 of those tiles.
  • Level 3: Creates 11 Protect tiles.
  • Level 4: Creates 12 strength 93 Protect tiles. Fortifies 6 of those tiles. (Max level 374 Protect tiles)
  • Level 5: Creates 16 Protect tiles.
Embiggened Blast - 7  AP
Kamala destroys a random 3x3 block of tiles and dealing 266 damage to the enemy team. If a Study tile exists on the board, she instead selects the block of tiles to destroy and deals 107 extra damage. Destroyed tiles do not deal damage or generate AP.

(PASSIVE) Whenever Kamala or her allies destroy a friendly special tile, she deals 358 damage to a random enemy. (Max level 1068/427/1438 damage)
  • Level 2: Deals 356 damage to the enemy team. Deals 143 extra damage. Deals 393 damage to a random enemy as collateral damage. (Max level 1431/573/1581 damage)
  • Level 3: Deals 473 damage to the enemy team. Deals 190 extra damage. Deals 428 damage to a random enemy as collateral damage. (Max level 1901/758/1723 damage)
  • Level 4: Deals 705 damage to the enemy team. Deals 283 extra damage. Deals 499 damage to a random enemy as collateral damage. (Max level 2830/1132/2008 damage)
  • Level 5: Deals 1168 damage to the enemy team. Deals 469 extra damage. Deals 641 damage to a random enemy as collateral damage. (Max level 4689/1876/2577 damage)
Cosmic Course - 6  AP
Kamala goes airborne for 2 turns and creates a 2-turn Repeater tile that Fortifies and Converts 1 friendly Special tile(s) to Yellow or Green and creates a 6-turn Fortified Blue Study Countdown tile that powers up her other abilities. If one already exists she instead improves 2 random friendly Strike, Attack, or Protect tiles by 50%.

(PASSIVE) Whenever an enemy uses an Ability, Kamala generates 3 AP in one of her colors.
  • Level 2: Converts 2 selected friendly special tiles to Yellow or Green, fortifying them.
  • Level 3: Generates 4 AP in one of her colors.
  • Level 4: Converts 3 selected friendly special tiles to Yellow or Green, fortifying them.
  • Level 5: Airborne for 1 turn.

Release Events

Story

Cosmic Chaos 

June 2, 2022, 4:00am – June 5, 2022, 11:00pm

Kamala Khan (Origin) in Placement Rewards

Venom Bomb

June 5, 2022, 4:00am – June 9, 2022, 11:00pm

Kamala Khan (Origin) in Progression rewards

Versus

Sunday’s Child - Karolina Dean

June 2, 2022, 5:00pm – June 6, 2022, 12:00am

Kamala Khan (Origin) shards as Placement rewards

A New Marvel - Kamala Khan (Origin)

June 5, 2022, 5:00am – June 8, 2022, 12:00pm

Rewards tokens to the Super Heroes ONLY vault

Offers

Courageous Kamala Khan Cover Store

June 2, 2022, 4:00am – June 5, 2022, 11:00pm

Chance to get Kamala Khan (Origin). Increased chances in 10x and 40x pulls

Super Heroes ONLY Limited Vault

June 9, 2022, 9:00am – June 12, 2022, 9:00pm

Chance to get Kamala Khan (Origin). Increased chances in 10x and 40x pulls

40 Items:

○      1x Embigger, Embetter Legendary Store Token

○      1x 4-Star Captain Marvel(Carol Danvers) cover

○      3x Random 3-Star covers

○      6x Heroic tokens

○      4x 2500 Iso

○      6x 1000 Iso

○      5x 500 Iso

○      14x Two stars

Embigger, Embetter Legendary Store

June 9, 2022, 9:00am – June 12, 2022, 9:00pm

15% chance to get Kamala Khan (Origin), Captain Marvel (Galactic Warrior), and Captain America (Infinity War)

Additional Tokens can be purchased for 25 Command Points

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2022
    Low health and everyone has already thought of this team: BRB/Polaris.

Yellow: creates 5/6 fortified protect tiles. I think this is the first time so many fixed number of protect tiles has been created. 16 is 25% of the board.  

Green: BRB/Polaris is going to have a lot of fun with this power: cheap ap costs and up to 9 random damage to the enemy per cast.

Blue: this is a little confusing.

Question 1
    6-turn fortified blue cd that powers up their other abilities. Is this referring to the other two powers?

Question 2
    Whenever an enemy uses an ability, generate 4 aps in one of their colours.

The word "uses" seems to imply that it includes passive and active abilities. If it's referring to active abilities, the game has always uses the word "fire".  Does "uses" refer to only active ability or to both active and passive ability?

Question 3
    Also, what does "in one of their colours" mean? Strongest colours? Or any one of the colours from their top 3 colours?

This 5* looks really strong and it seems to be a duo because it uses the word "their". Going by tradition, the next 5* is going to be bottom tier because we have two strong 5*. It's either Moon Knight or the next 5* to pull with.

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Now this is a character that few top players are gonna like because deals low damage but it has a supporting potential never seen before.
    First, yellow power is the strong color, few characters have that.
    Second, unstuns allies, even 2 allies, although expensive.
    It has double dip on passive destroying friendly tiles if playing Polaris.
    Conditional board destroying pattern, that's very reliable and cheap power.
    Now that blue is cheap but slow: if the character goes airborne those 2 cd are not going to count turns until the character comes back. Although what those cds are doing is actually pretty good. It should be set at level 5 for being airborne just 1 turn.
    A character going airborne always is annoying to fight.
    Converting friendly tiles to fortified yellow or green means great sinergy with Heimdall.
    It must be Kamala but changing purple for blue.
    This character could be even more great at 4* tier than 5*.
  • jsmjsmjsm00
    jsmjsmjsm00 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    I'll be waiting to see the actual numbers but so far I am still thinking of pulling for Crystal rather than this character. 

This one is definitely unique though. I like seeing all the airborne mechanics lately. The more airborne characters there are, the better Archangel becomes. 
  • jsmjsmjsm00
    Actually I have a question, the green passive specifies the damage is on destroying a special tile. If the blue or yellow fortifies the special tile, will that prevent the damage proc on matching? 
  • Bad
    Actually I have a question, the green passive specifies the damage is on destroying a special tile. If the blue or yellow fortifies the special tile, will that prevent the damage proc on matching? 
    That means there is a second chance to deal damage another time.
    Double dip playing Polaris, triple dip playing BP 4*.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2022
    There was a comic Squee in the late 1990s but I have no idea of possibly associated as a clue . Also an expression of jubilation. 5* Jubilee? ;Lockheed goes airborne.
  • IceIX
    edited May 2022
    Low health and everyone has already thought of this team: BRB/Polaris.

Yellow: creates 5/6 fortified protect tiles. I think this is the first time so many fixed number of protect tiles has been created. 16 is 25% of the board.  

Green: BRB/Polaris is going to have a lot of fun with this power: cheap ap costs and up to 9 random damage to the enemy per cast.

Blue: this is a little confusing.

Question 1
    6-turn fortified blue cd that powers up their other abilities. Is this referring to the other two powers?

Question 2
    Whenever an enemy uses an ability, generate 4 aps in one of their colours.

The word "uses" seems to imply that it includes passive and active abilities. If it's referring to active abilities, the game has always uses the word "fire".  Does "uses" refer to only active ability or to both active and passive ability?

Question 3
    Also, what does "in one of their colours" mean? Strongest colours? Or any one of the colours from their top 3 colours?

This 5* looks really strong and it seems to be a duo because it uses the word "their". Going by tradition, the next 5* is going to be bottom tier because we have two strong 5*. It's either Moon Knight or the next 5* to pull with.

Yellow: Protect, yes. But there's precedent with other abilities like Hailstorm in other tile types.
    Green: It's actually possible with Polaris and BRB to get into near winfinite here, since it can blow up as many tiles as it needs to regain AP through BRB's Passive. Won't work on defense though since this character will only fire once per turn AND needs to be somewhat smart about what it blows up.
    Blue: It's really two parts. Airborne first, creates a Repeater (that doesn't do anything till they come down).
    Repeater on landing starts fortifying tiles and converting them to Green/Yellow. It also creates a character based tile that buffs Abilities 1 and 2. If that tile exists already, then it starts buffing specials instead. 

Question 1: Yes.
    Question 2: Active only, should be fires. Works exactly the same as Doctor Strange's Passive. I'll see if we can do a quick run-through of the ability text overall before release to clarify.
    Question 3: One of this character's 3 main colors. The normal text is more explicit.
  • jsmjsmjsm00
    edited May 2022
    Bad said:
    That means there is a second chance to deal damage another time.
    Double dip playing Polaris, triple dip playing BP 4*.
    Polaris specifically says "match or destroy" unlike the text here for this character, hence my question.

And BP 4* is match only, not destroy. All three of the characters you mention have different text and would, presumably, work differently. Trying to get clarification on whether this is as restrictive as it is written. 

Sounds sort of like 5* Marvel where the strikes need to be destroyed (though that excludes matching, unlike here). 
  • Bad
    jsmjsmjsm00 said:
    Polaris specifically says "match or destroy" unlike the text here for this character, hence my question.

And BP 4* is match only, not destroy. All three of the characters you mention have different text and would, presumably, work differently. Trying to get clarification on whether this is as restrictive as it is written. 

Sounds sort of like 5* Marvel where the strikes need to be destroyed (though that excludes matching, unlike here). 
    Matching special tiles also destroy. Not like saying matching which excludes destroy.
    Destroying a fortified tile also counts as destroying it 
    Indeed the text should be clearer, but usually devs don't use the same words always and there would be a huge difference in this character effectiveness if fortifying negated this character passive(I think the final text when released will be matched or destroyed)
    Personally I'd rather like other type of characters but of course I will champ her.
    Objective opinion: we can say welcome to the meta character of this year.
  • Seph1roth5
    Seph1roth5 Posts: 342 Mover and Shaker
    Looks very interesting, although I think it's weird that the blue power doesn't actually do anything for 2 turns lol.  I like the stun clearing, never seen that before.  Would've been nice in the melinda may pvp grrr.

No idea who it is though.  From the clue I was thinking kamala khan but it doesn't seem to fit, though I guess who knows with the new Disney+ powers.
  • Bzhai
    Bzhai Posts: 437 Mover and Shaker
    @IceIX some follow-up questions on her blue:

1. When the repeater converts friendly special tiles does it trigger other passives which benefit from destroyed friendly tiles? Polaris and BRB for example.

2. For her passive AP gain is there a limit to how many times it can trigger per turn?
  • IceIX
    Bzhai said:

1. When the repeater converts friendly special tiles does it trigger other passives which benefit from destroyed friendly tiles? Polaris and BRB for example.

2. For her passive AP gain is there a limit to how many times it can trigger per turn?
    1: Only if those tiles are destroyed by the conversion. A tile going from Blue to Green but nothing else happening to it wasn't destruction.

2: Nope, as many times as the opponent casts. Same as Strange.
  • HoundofShadow
    edited May 2022
    Thanks IceIX for the clarifications. As for AI, they will stun lock your team, unless you can down Polaris quickly.

As for matching vs destroying, matching is a subset of destroying. I remember there was confusion between this two terms and I remembered that matching = destroying.
  • Bzhai
    edited May 2022
    IceIX said:
    Bzhai said:

1: Only if those tiles are destroyed by the conversion. A tile going from Blue to Green but nothing else happening to it wasn't destruction.

2: Nope, as many times as the opponent casts. Same as Strange.
    Okay thanks I just realised I misunderstood it initially as converting the special tile to basic when in fact it just changes its colour. So a red protect tile will just be turned into a fortified green or yellow protect tile and I assume it applies to other type of special tiles which means she can fortify her own repeater tile. 

This makes her a good partner with Odin. If Shuri were a 5* that would be a scary team. And her unlimited AP gain will be invaluable against triple Mindless Ones fights.
  • HoundofShadow
    She generates 4 green, yellow or blue aps whenever the enemy fires a power. It's great against goons. I can't remember which goons combination it is, but they fired their powers thrice or four times in a single turn. That's up to a total of 16 free aps per turn.
  • Bzhai
    She generates 4 green, yellow or blue aps whenever the enemy fires a power. It's great against goons. I can't remember which goons combination it is, but they fired their powers thrice or four times in a single turn. That's up to a total of 16 free aps per turn.
    A lot actually. Mindless Ones, dons and muscles, sentinels. After a few rounds they get really spammy.
  • tonypq
    tonypq Posts: 549 Critical Contributor
    When goons or mindless ones drop countdowns, that definitely counts as using an ability that would trigger this ability?

I don't usually use characters that have a ability trigger when enemy uses a power so I wasn't sure. 
  • HoundofShadow
    Some goons drop countdown but they don't trigger. I think it's the one where it drops countdown once it has certain % of health left. But most goons' cds count as firing powers, so it's really great against them. 

Think of this character's ability as Dr Strange's passive yellow. The difference is it generates aps instead of dealing damage.
  • jsmjsmjsm00
    As for matching vs destroying, matching is a subset of destroying. I remember there was confusion between this two terms and I remembered that matching = destroying.
    @Bad

Matching is not the same as destroying if the tile is fortified. Matching a fortified tile does not destroy it. Fortified tiles do not proc destroy effects when losing fortification. 

For example, targeting an allied fortified strike tile with a destroy effect while it is fortified with 5* CM on team will not proc her AP gain. 
  • Bad
    @Bad

Matching is not the same as destroying if the tile is fortified. Matching a fortified tile does not destroy it. Fortified tiles do not proc destroy effects when losing fortification. 

For example, targeting an allied fortified strike tile with a destroy effect while it is fortified with 5* CM on team will not proc her AP gain. 
    CM says whenever a strike is destroyed by any means other than a match.
    I think the best example which will stop this discussion is her best partner, BRB.
    Defender of two people says whenever a protect is destroyed, like this character, and effectively matching a fortified protect gives him the AP.