Khalni garden triggers on opponents turn [Investigating]

Tremayne
Tremayne Posts: 1,611 Chairperson of the Boards
In ROA top node, I play Nissa Green/black and my opponent plays Worldwaker with Khalni garden, it looked like it was a seed deck (it had a lot of a PMA cards).

When I popped a seed gem, made by Greg (without having Khalni garden on table) I triggered Khalni garden and my opponent got an elemental. That is contrary to the wording of Khalni garden.

Later in the match I had stolen a Khalni garden from my opponent’s GY, so now we both had a Khalni garden on table, whenever a seed gem was popped both players got an elemental, again not as expected.

Am I missing something in how seed gems work?

Comments

• Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,276 Chairperson of the Boards

Hello @Tremayne

Thank you for all the information provided, this issue will be investigated!
    If you have any additional information that you consider relevant, please don't hesitate to send me 😊

Rebeca.

• Cable2380
    Cable2380 Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    edited May 2022
    When Khalni Garden is on the board, along with Yavimaya cradle, when the elemental token is being produced from a gem becoming a seed green, the elemental picture will freeze on screen, and the match locks up
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,928 Chairperson of the Boards
    I believe you've posted in the wrong game forum.

This is Marvel Puzzle Quest and I'm guessing you want Magic the Gathering Forum.

KGB
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,916 Chairperson of the Boards
    **Mod note: Moved from MPQ Bugs & Technical issues.
  • Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,611 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2022
  • Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,276 Chairperson of the Boards

Hello guys,

Thank you for all the information provided, this issue will be investigated!
    If you have any additional information that you consider relevant, please don't hesitate to send me 😊

Rebeca.

• Karboknight
    Karboknight Posts: 6 Just Dropped In

I've been having the same issue lately but it seems possibly related to the Oracle of Mul Daya along with Khalni Garden. It's really painful because. Khalni Garden is crucial to several decks I play but it keeps popping up with issues like this.

I submitted the details and screenshots via the link provided in-game for event issues. Is it better to post here or is the other option sufficient? Or should I start an entirely new thread?

• Karboknight

I just had another game crash on me with Khalni Garden. But this was a different planeswalker and mostly different cards. So I feel like that has to be the common element. So disappointing because it's a really good card and also PMA. I really wish this could get fixed.

• Karboknight

Still having random game freezes with using Khalni Garden with various planeswalkers. I can't say if it's all on this card or if it's comboing with other cards. I do tend to use Oracle of Mul Daya and Dryad Arbor with it but not positive if they're always in play when the freeze happens.

I have noticed a few times that even though the game board is frozen, after some amount of time a loop timer bar (not sure of the official term) will show up at the top of the screen and count all the way down, although nothing happens at that point. But it makes me think there's an infinite loop going in the background for some reason and that could be part of the issue.

Just throwing it out there in the hopes that somebody is still reading these messages. I really want to play with Khalni Garden without worrying that I could freeze during an important event.

• Smokincookz
    Smokincookz Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker

Still occurring, and happened enough during BtP that I lost the match. I'll submit a ticket, and hopefully this bug will be patched up soon.

• FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards

Will this glitch ever be fixed? It's still happening

• FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards

Still consistently broken.

• Julie71
    Julie71 MTGPQ Mod Posts: 707 Critical Contributor

@Karboknight said:
    Still having random game freezes with using Khalni Garden with various planeswalkers. I can't say if it's all on this card or if it's comboing with other cards. I do tend to use Oracle of Mul Daya and Dryad Arbor with it but not positive if they're always in play when the freeze happens.

I have noticed a few times that even though the game board is frozen, after some amount of time a loop timer bar (not sure of the official term) will show up at the top of the screen and count all the way down, although nothing happens at that point. But it makes me think there's an infinite loop going in the background for some reason and that could be part of the issue.

Just throwing it out there in the hopes that somebody is still reading these messages. I really want to play with Khalni Garden without worrying that I could freeze during an important event.

can you send me your deck??