Marvel Puzzle Quest R252 Release Notes (5/12/22)

LakeStone
LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator

Hi Everyone -

Here are the R252 Release Notes.

“Black Blade Origins…”

• Doctor Strange takes over the arena! Fight your way to the top of the leaderboard!
  • Recruit MPQ exclusive, Wolverine (Samurai Daken), starting 5/19!
  • Deadpool steals the show in an insane MPQ event!

Additional Details: 

• Fixed a bug in DDQ and now shows the correct character for Crash of the Titans node.
  • Fixed issues with spelling and grammar in multiple languages.

Thank you for playing!

Comments

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,900 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2022
    Googling Black Blade Origins and Marvel gives the obvious

"Where Did the Ebony Blade Come From in Marvel Comics? In the comics, the Ebony Blade was created from a Starstone meteorite by famed Arthurian sorcerer Merlin and Dane's ancestor Sir Percy of Scandia, the first person to take on the mantle of Black Knight."

So it's either 4* Merlin or Sir Percy. You'd think Merlin would be a 5* so I'll go with Sir Percy and then the Dev's can troll us by making him an upper tier/meta 4* and say THIS is the 4* Black Knight you voted for :D

KGB

• SaltnPeppa
    SaltnPeppa Posts: 297 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2022
    The Black Blade was a counterpart of Excalibur as part of it's origin.   Could it be a member of Excalibur?  Captain Britain?  But which, Brian or Betsy?
  • Venomous
    Venomous Posts: 222 Tile Toppler
    I have my guess at the new character. Murmasa Blade is where my thoughts went. Perfectly timed with Daken. 

My guess is we're getting Silver Samurai so Daken has a feeder. 
  • SaltnPeppa
    SaltnPeppa Posts: 297 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2022
    Venomous said:
    I have my guess at the new character. Murmasa Blade is where my thoughts went. Perfectly timed with Daken. 

My guess is we're getting Silver Samurai so Daken has a feeder. 
    That would make sense!  And Marvel is doing an Asian Month, so it would go well with him being introduced to the game.
  • tonypq
    tonypq Posts: 549 Critical Contributor
    If it's Silver Samurai that really sucks he won't be a 5*. I've been waiting for him for a long time.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Looking at what others have said, does it mean we have only one MoM tie-in? Or are they going to release other MoM tie-in(s) in the future?

I tried googling if Black Blade has any link to Dr Strange and there was in the comic. I'm going to stick with two tie-ins, and go with Dr Strange.

However, Silver Samurai looks possible and logical because they mentioned something about recruiting Samurai Daken. 
  • SuperCarrot
    SuperCarrot Posts: 170 Tile Toppler
    Going with a deep 90s cut and crossing my fingers for Bloodwraith. 
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    I’m going with Wong because everything here has been deliberately going wong this month 
  • Hellblazer666
    Hellblazer666 Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    edited May 2022
    Whoever is incharge of updating the next PVE your doing a bad job. Once again Its the final level of Cosmic Chaos and the next PVE is no where to be found to join like it usually is. Same for Sunday's PVP its not showing up to join.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    If new 4* character is silver samurai then I won't understand how he uses protects for to stun foes. He should use strikes like daken, being a swordman.
  • rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,276 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm going way out of left field and guessing this is Phastos (engineer/builder right?), and he's going to be the missing feeder for Sersi.
  • Ptahhotep
    Ptahhotep Posts: 414 Mover and Shaker
    Could Blade be a reference to the character rather than a sword?
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Usually, those players in reddit will put spoilers indirectly. However, even after reading them, I still don't know the answer. Lol. 
  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 982 Critical Contributor
    Ptahhotep said:
    Could Blade be a reference to the character rather than a sword?
    I actually had the same idea, but it says black blade origin and even though blade is black, it would be kind of weird to refer to him as black blade.  Reminds me of the episode of Harvey Birdman attorney at law with Black Vulcan.

Harvey - Black Vulcan.
    Vulcan - Actually it's just Vulcan.
    Harvey - Oh, I though it was Black Vulcan?
    Vulcan - No, that was aquaman that kept pushing that name. I was like why Black Vulcan, why not Super Vulcan or Mega Vulcan?  Cause I'm black?  Ok, well then why don't we call you White Fish?
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    Evidently the Ebony Blade was forged as a dark counterpart to Excalibur, which was once in the possession of Night Nurse according to the marvel fandom wiki. Maybe it's Night Nurse?
  • Hellblazer666
    Hellblazer666 Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    Its Puck from Alpha Flight as the new character