Mana Field not triggering [Investigating]

stikxs
stikxs Posts: 518 Critical Contributor
Had a game where I made a swap and match inside the mana field for Tegrid's Lantern and the effect never triggered. The blueish animation for the mana field also did not go away. I've heard in my coalition of similar happening with Mox Ruby.

Comments

• BongoTheGrey
    BongoTheGrey Posts: 345 Mover and Shaker
    Someone reported that mana field is not triggering if the gems that you match inside the mana field are loyalty gems. The player reported that colored gems of any color do trigger mana field but loyalty gems don't. I don't know if you remember if that was your experience as well @stikxs
  • jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    stikxs said:
    Had a game where I made a swap and match inside the mana field for Tegrid's Lantern and the effect never triggered. The blueish animation for the mana field also did not go away. I've heard in my coalition of similar happening with Mox Ruby.
    Yeah, unrelated to the failed ability, I've seen the glowing animation refuse to go away many times even though the ability had already been activated during the turn. In my experience, if my turn starts with gem conversions that trigger mana field, the animation has a good chance of staying in place (and I can't trigger the ability a 2nd time).

• BongoTheGrey
    edited May 2022
    I have it here on video. Mox Pearl not triggering Mana field after matching 3 Loyalty gems inside the Mana Field. Later on that same game I matched some colored gems inside the Mana Field and the Mox's effect was triggered successfully.

If I had to guess why this is happening I'd say that it was because the implemented a new effect in Karn's PMA cards like the one in Lotus Blossom that reads:

"Lotus Field: Convert X gems to Improved Gems of the matched color. X is equal to this support's Level. Destroy this support"

Since there are no improved gems of Loyalty color they probably made Loyalty gems not trigger Lotus Field and since Lotus Field is just an augmented Mana Field it screwed Mana Field up.

That's just my guess but either way, another bug on 5.6.0

Video Link:

https://imgur.com/hQeFgAz
  • Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,257 Chairperson of the Boards

Hello guys,

Thank you for all the information provided, this issue will be investigated!
    If you have any additional information that you consider relevant, please don't hesitate to send me 😊

Rebeca.

• Zzyzzx
    Zzyzzx Posts: 248 Tile Toppler
    Probably not additionally helpful, but I experienced this with both the Mox Jet and Pestilence Cauldron matching loyalty gems with a swap.
  • stikxs
    Someone reported that mana field is not triggering if the gems that you match inside the mana field are loyalty gems. The player reported that colored gems of any color do trigger mana field but loyalty gems don't. I don't know if you remember if that was your experience as well @stikxs

My match was indeed loyalty gems, good call!
  • Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,433 Chairperson of the Boards
    Came here to report exactly this. A loyalty gem swap within the mana field will not trigger the gem. But a colored swap will. 
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,226 Chairperson of the Boards
    Glad to see this is already being worked on. 
  • stikxs
    While It does seem to be mostly with loyalty, I've heard from coalitionmates that it can also happen with colored matches occasionally.
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    madwren said:

Narrator: it, in fact... was not being worked on.  :D:'(
  • BongoTheGrey
    madwren said:

Narrator: it, in fact... was not being worked on.  :D:'(
    This was fixed with yesterday's update. Loyalty matches trigger Mana Field again
  • Janosik
    Janosik Posts: 313 Mover and Shaker
    Void gems do not trigger Mana Field.