Your WORST MPQ moment of the day (REALITY thread)

Comments

• TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    After pulls for MK , I’m stuck with a 0/5/5 Crystal . Progress shards will leave me with 2/5/5 minimum. I hate to hoard but am I stuck doing it until she leaves ? Only 7 of 9 LL covers are helpful now. 
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    shardwick said:
    Good - Seeing that Black Panther is the 5-star required for the latest event, since I need about 200 shards to champ him.

Bad - Seeing that we don't get shards for him this time around thanks to Gargamel.

This is at least the second time I've missed out on champing a character because of a new release...and before anyone asks why he's not my 5-star favorite, that would be Black Suit Spidey, who is also about 250 shards away from being champed.
    Where is your 4* Panther at? 
    LVL 324, which means I would need 14 levels to get enough shards to champ 5-star Panther.

Iron Spidey, who is my 4-star favorite, is LVL 313, which means I only need 5 levels to get the shards to champ BSS.
  • abenness
    abenness Posts: 228 Tile Toppler
    After pulls for MK , I’m stuck with a 0/5/5 Crystal . Progress shards will leave me with 2/5/5 minimum. I hate to hoard but am I stuck doing it until she leaves ? Only 7 of 9 LL covers are helpful now. 
    I try to champ each LL before they rotate out. Ideally without pulling any extra cover unless they are something I particularly like. But I’ve learned that it’s more realistic to expect them leaving at 451/452, either through extra pulled covers, or wonky distribution. Crystal does seem good enough that a couple extra levels beyond the bad distribution are worthwhile getting her champed. I have 2 saved covers already, and am waiting on shards to see where I am before pulling more
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Taking approximately 2 minutes each to clear the first two or three sub where you must use Black Widow or Red Guardian, and 3 minutes for the Black Widow and Yelena team up node. That's about 7-10 minutes for clearing 3 to 4 nodes in SCL 10. As a reference, 10 minutes would allow me to clear 3x each for CN, 4* and 4* nodes, which is equal to 9 nodes.

Now my T10 placement is in jeopardy, with a difference of 5, 6 and 9 points behind me.

i guess this must be my first time playing SCL10 Operation Spider Silk because I don't remember taking such a long time to clear one node. 
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    The 4 day Spider Silk is running for the first time this year so possibly you’re right .
  • HoundofShadow
    Got T12 for Operation Spider Silk.

T10: 123399
    T11: 123388
    T12: 123377
    T13: 123377
    T14: 123357
    T15: 123357

I decided to list T10-T15 because I thought the numbers look great. A consistent 2-3 minute delay cost you at least 20 points, if you play for speed.

Lesson learned for this pve: ask for 4 powerful 5* teamup before you play this pve, so that you can finish the mandatory Black Widow/Red Guardian/Yelena node in 30 seconds.

• TheEyeDoctorsWife
    I got 29th and I don’t pay attention to speed . The reward difference is so minor I don’t see the point of having a video game run my life for such a petty increase in placement. But if others want to play your way it’s perfectly fine too, play anyway you like . 
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Got T12 for Operation Spider Silk.

T10: 123399
    T11: 123388
    T12: 123377
    T13: 123377
    T14: 123357
    T15: 123357

I decided to list T10-T15 because I thought the numbers look great. A consistent 2-3 minute delay cost you at least 20 points, if you play for speed.

Lesson learned for this pve: ask for 4 powerful 5* teamup before you play this pve, so that you can finish the mandatory Black Widow/Red Guardian/Yelena node in 30 seconds.

I always save my 5* Prof X teamups for this event and Wakanda to do those stupid nodes on the main sub. It's best to ask for 5* Prof on the previous event so you have them ready to go. I remember one time I fought either Yelena or Winter Soldier and they killed me three straight times and then I didn't start the sub for like nearly ten minutes after it had started. I was like "Never again." So I just go in, collect teamup ap and then one-shot the enemy with red unless it's multiple enemies then I'll use his green for the aoe.
  • HoundofShadow
    I got killed in one of the nodes and that was 1 minute wasted. Thanks for the 5* Prof X recommendation. I was thinking of BRB's green or blue. Prof X looks really versatile, but it will most likely to be red or green choice.
  • MadScientist
    MadScientist Posts: 317 Mover and Shaker
    5* Scarlet Witch PVP. Every match drags endlessly. I even managed to lose to two seed teams  :open_mouth:
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    finding bagman as a required character in dpd. c'mon...
  • Hellblazer666
    Hellblazer666 Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    edited May 2022
    5* Scarlet Witch PVP. Every match drags endlessly. I even managed to lose to two seed teams  :open_mouth:
    Ya this PVP blows  and right after the America Chavez one too. I just hate Boosted 5 stars in PVP in general really ruins PVP in my opinion
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ya this PVP blows  and right after the America Chavez one too. I just hate Boosted 5 stars in PVP in general really ruins PVP in my opinion
    Would you rather face a changing list of boosted 5*s or an endless sea of Wanda & Colossus battles?  
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    I couldn’t be bothered. 5* PX team up for the win. Puck’s only value is he feeds Colossus.
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ageed. Stupid Welcome matchup again.
  • Hellblazer666
    Hellblazer666 Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    PVP as of late because The Devs thought it would be a fun idea to Boost 5 Star Kitty Okoye APoc and Immortal Hulk all at the same time. Thanks Devs PVP has been so much fun🙄
  • dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,379 Chairperson of the Boards
    Better to have them all boosted at once then running into a different team with them every week. 
  • AlexR
    AlexR Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    I just pulled 35 LTs and only got two 5* covers. (1x MK, 1x Gargantos), which is abysmal.
    That said, not sure if it counts. I just realised I'm better off not hoarding LTs right now. I'm basically ~17 Emma Frost covers and 180 5* shards away from a fully covered Kitty. So even those 35 pulls actually helped lots for the shards. Go, Emma, go!
    Still, 2 in 35 is just sad.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    AlexR said:
    I just pulled 35 LTs and only got two 5* covers. (1x MK, 1x Gargantos), which is abysmal.
    That said, not sure if it counts. I just realised I'm better off not hoarding LTs right now. I'm basically ~17 Emma Frost covers and 180 5* shards away from a fully covered Kitty. So even those 35 pulls actually helped lots for the shards. Go, Emma, go!
    Still, 2 in 35 is just sad.
    Went 7 for 99 recently so I understand nothing is guaranteed 
  • AlexR
    AlexR Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    Yeah, that's really painful too.