Your WORST MPQ moment of the day (REALITY thread)

Comments

• Ares76
    Ares76 Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    After finishing the Hunt today there's no new PvE to play. No preview for the rumoured Unstable Iso-8 nor a boss event that would begin in a few hours. 

That's not only the worst MPQ moment of the day but the worst moment of my 2,040 MPQ days. 

And it's still too early for me to climb to shield in the running PvP. 

My conclusion from this: close the App and post here. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I can't find an appropriate thread for this experience but it fits here the most.

I was standing on a bus and I was going to open tokens. I always start from the top to the bottom. Wiccan HP store was at the top. I was about to open his token when the bus jerked once. A pop up showed up and asked me if I really want to open his 10x tokens. I was wondering what caused the bus to jerk so I looked to my right and the bus jerked again. My finger hit the screen and when I turned around, the pop up was gone and it showed opening token screen. 

That was the worst 3800hp? spent because there wasn't any 4*. But, safety first.  :D
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    I'm playing PvP and I have Apoc + BRB vs a very easy to beat Okoye team. Only I didn't catch that the Okoye team's team up was Wiccan's chain lightning. About 3/4 of the way through the battle the enemy team fires it and I think it went off for over a minute because I had both BRB's Blue and Apoc's Repeater tiles out, so the board was filled with protects and every column that got destroyed ended up creating another protect tile which just kept the chain lightning going longer. I eventually won but I wasn't sure I would, even though the damage wasn't great I was afraid it was going to be winfinite!

Maybe this is more of a funny moment because I won the battle but still.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor

I had 38 pulls at start.
  • Akoni
    Akoni Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    @TheEyeDoctorsWife The same thing just happened to me.
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    Just happened yesterday, so yeah. Get used to it.
  • Captain_Trips88
    Captain_Trips88 Posts: 263 Mover and Shaker
    I also had to wait until pull 40 yesterday to get the cover
  • Godzillafan67
    Godzillafan67 Posts: 496 Mover and Shaker
    @helix72 and @Captain_Trips88 … I inferred from the @TheEyeDoctorsWife post that they only had 38 tokens available at the start and then gambled that their results would be in line with the odds. 
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    edited March 2022
    This isn’t a worst moment to me because I’m not sensitive to online remarks , but has anyone ever had a player join their alliance just to profanely curse the members and then leave ? I’m just disappointed some players have anger problems . 
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    This isn’t a worst moment to me because I’m not sensitive to online remarks , but has anyone ever had a player join their alliance just to profanely curse the members and then leave ? I’m just disappointed some players have anger problems . 
    Nope, but very early on I did convince my son to join the alliance I was in when he started playing on his Kindle.  Someone else had formed the alliance originally, but I had been "promoted" to a Commander.  A couple of days later, my son asked me why he wasn't in the alliance anymore.  I asked the other Commander, and was told that that new guy "didn't have a good enough roster."  I told him that the new guy was my son who was just starting out, and then left that Alliance.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    The game glitched on me and showed that one of the essential nodes still had full points so I did another clear and checked the node before I went to the next one and then it showed "0 points." So that'll drop my placement a bit. If there's an upside the placement rewards are just for 5* Wasp shards so ehh.
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    Learning that the 5e for Webbed Wonder is Wasp.
  • sambrookjm
    Found this interaction out on the "For Wakanda" node of the Astral Plane, and it was really bad news.

4-star Kingpin - Maggia Pawns.  Lots of countdown tokens
    5-star Thanos - Infinite Power.  Nobody can change the board except Thanos.
    4-star Kingpin - Wilson's Gambit.  Normally, the countdown tiles go away, but Thanos's purple keeps them up.  That's a LOT of AoE on your team.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    Found this interaction out on the "For Wakanda" node of the Astral Plane, and it was really bad news.

4-star Kingpin - Maggia Pawns.  Lots of countdown tokens
    5-star Thanos - Infinite Power.  Nobody can change the board except Thanos.
    4-star Kingpin - Wilson's Gambit.  Normally, the countdown tiles go away, but Thanos's purple keeps them up.  That's a LOT of AoE on your team.
    Was Team KO’d twice by Wilson Gambit . I keep him perma Stunned.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    Decided to try the game without animations on for first time . The time to clear the PvE went from 90 to 60 minutes , meaning animation time is 1/3 of the game . The game is incredibly dull without them , I wouldn’t waste another day playing with them turned off.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    Decided to try the game without animations on for first time . The time to clear the PvE went from 90 to 60 minutes , meaning animation time is 1/3 of the game . The game is incredibly dull without them , I wouldn’t waste another day playing with them turned off.
    I wouldn’t play the game if I couldn’t turn them off!  It’s like the sounds & music, after hearing it a thousand times you get sick of it.  I don’t need animations and they seriously slow down matches.  Giving players the option to turn them off was one of the best quality improvements in the game, I think.  

I haven’t played with the sound on since 2014 but I can still hear it in my head.  
  • shardwick
    bbigler said:
    I wouldn’t play the game if I couldn’t turn them off!  It’s like the sounds & music, after hearing it a thousand times you get sick of it.  I don’t need animations and they seriously slow down matches.  Giving players the option to turn them off was one of the best quality improvements in the game, I think.  

I haven’t played with the sound on since 2014 but I can still hear it in my head.  
    Same for me. Animations and sound are off. I don't need to see animations that I've watched a ridiculous amount of times over the years. And besides I usually have something playing in the background to watch while I play MPQ.
  • sambrookjm
    Good - Seeing that Black Panther is the 5-star required for the latest event, since I need about 200 shards to champ him.

Bad - Seeing that we don't get shards for him this time around thanks to Gargamel.

This is at least the second time I've missed out on champing a character because of a new release...and before anyone asks why he's not my 5-star favorite, that would be Black Suit Spidey, who is also about 250 shards away from being champed.
  • Timemachinego
    Timemachinego Posts: 428 Mover and Shaker
    You're never missing out on the featured shards, they're slotted in extra afaik. They'll come up in the real shard-giving rotation someday.
  • shardwick
    Good - Seeing that Black Panther is the 5-star required for the latest event, since I need about 200 shards to champ him.

Bad - Seeing that we don't get shards for him this time around thanks to Gargamel.

This is at least the second time I've missed out on champing a character because of a new release...and before anyone asks why he's not my 5-star favorite, that would be Black Suit Spidey, who is also about 250 shards away from being champed.
    Where is your 4* Panther at?