Moon Knight obviously not today...

jredd
jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
Am i a week off? thought he was going in today?

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think the dev is waiting for the crescent moon to appear in the sky as a sign of respect to Khonshu.

https://nineplanets.org/moon/phase/05-03-2022/

Look at the one on May 2 and you can barely see any.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    Probably because I’m doing my first hoard and presumed today would be my first break . In the past I have seen pull numbers that I could not comprehend how players got that many pulls , when they say “Pulled 100-200….”  As of today I was amazed to have 40 pulls in 14 days hoarding and I don’t spend or play competitively.  Now I see dedicated players can easily hoard 100+ a season .
  • jredd
    Probably because I’m doing my first hoard and presumed today would be my first break . In the past I have seen pull numbers that I could not comprehend how players got that many pulls , when they say “Pulled 100-200….”  As of today I was amazed to have 40 pulls in 14 days hoarding and I don’t spend or play competitively.  Now I see dedicated players can easily hoard 100+ a season .
    yeah, i'm on 120+ LT's and 8600+ CP. i hoarded past big wheel and Brand though. but used a whack on the shang stores. And i don't spend big $.  i know of folk who have 20K plus cp stored up. 
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    I currently have 342 pulls ready to go. I've been twitching all day wanting to spend tokens and cp. 
  • jredd
    So the actual answer is: based on past patterns he was supposed to enter today, but didn't?
  • Excellent
    Excellent Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    Crystal was 24 hours late in arriving, too. Looks like it's the new normal?
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    They had problems with the last update so I'm thinking that this update wasn't quite finalized so they held off on putting MK in. That or someone just forgot to put him in. Big Wheel left a month ago so MK technically should have gone in today.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,489 Chairperson of the Boards
    In the past they've put in the new 5* two weeks after their "Legendary" store closes.  These stores used to close on Monday, but the last two have closed on Tuesday.  So yeah, I'd say this is probably the new normal.  The alternative explanation is that the office is closed for some reason, but twice in a row makes that less likely.

He's not in yet, though, and that's weird.
  • jsmjsmjsm00
    jsmjsmjsm00 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    Yall are pulling for Elektra/Crystal/MK? Isn't Gargantos looking solid? Do you think Elektra is better? 
  • liminal_lad
    liminal_lad Posts: 459 Mover and Shaker
    It seems like sometimes it happens around 9EDT and other times around 12.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    I’ll pull to champ Crystal, but then I may wait for Elektra to leave and Shuma to enter.  I like Elektra, but Shuma is better.

yeah, I’m calling him Shuma
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,489 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yall are pulling for Elektra/Crystal/MK? Isn't Gargantos looking solid? Do you think Elektra is better? 

Hmmm, probably not, actually, but I want to finish Elektra.  Elektra reads as a "finish maybe a bit more" to me, Crystal is a "finish with a fair bit extra, but not all in" and Moon Knight strikes me as "just finish, as little extra as possible."

Shuma-Gorath looks like either the same level as Elektra or Crystal, I think.  Probably Elektra, since Crystal strikes me as more flexible and that really is what makes a character worth pushing past 450.
  • Yasuru
    Yasuru Posts: 99 Match Maker
    Not today, either?
  • will7612
    will7612 Posts: 55 Match Maker
    Is MK a meta character?, I agree that Shuma looks better, but it's so hard to get the right combination and not waste valuable resources (LL and CP)
  • Davidk777
    Davidk777 Posts: 76 Match Maker
    edited May 2022
    MK is not meta. None of the current LL are. But Crystal, Shuma and Electra all seem usable and even more so when boosted. 
  • bbigler
    will7612 said:
    Is MK a meta character?, I agree that Shuma looks better, but it's so hard to get the right combination and not waste valuable resources (LL and CP)
    The consensus is that MK is strong but slow, so not “meta”, but Crystal & Shuma are meta contenders.  We honestly don’t know if a character is “meta” until months later when 5* players champ them and start using them.  
  • rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yasuru said:
    Not today, either?
    Moon Knight finale drops tomorrow right?  Maybe tying to the show finale for when he's available
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    Yasuru said:
    Not today, either?
    Moon Knight finale drops tomorrow right?  Maybe tying to the show finale for when he's available
    Or maybe evening of May 16th if the devs are now starting to release characters like MK during a full moon 
  • bbigler
    I’ve had Abby finished for awhile and so my 0/1/0 Elektra, 0/0/1 Crystal and 0/1/2 MK were excited. I was also going to use the shards from hoard-breaking to finish Sersi as well.  It’s been months since I have pulled from Latest so was looking forward to it. Odd he’s still not rotated in. Though I guess it brought me back to the forums (if only to figure out what’s going on to no avail). 

Is Moon Knight, meta? On his boost week, probably. That’s what people don’t understand. Everyone is waiting for the “next meta”, but it’s already shifted and continues with every release. In PvP the meta is usually whoever is god boosted unless they’re really bad. I’m pretty sure all four of these characters (Elektra, Crystal, Moon Knight, and Gagantos) are usable boosted. Each character that gets skipped is potentially skipping the meta in a given week. This is the game now and I don’t see it reverting back. I get not everyone can earn enough resources to baby champ everyone. But if you do earn enough and skip because they’re “not replacing Shang/Okoye/Apoc”, I’d rethink that strategy if you play PVP (it’s also just more fun to have variety every week). 
    Thanks @Daredevil217, we need more level headed people like you on the forum.  If people put in the effort, they can champ every new 5* that comes along.  But I think some people on this forum don’t put in that level of effort but still want the same performance results.  Hence, their hunt for the “next meta.”  

Now, I’m not blaming people for not wanting to play for hours each day.  I would say around 95% of all players don’t get enough pulls to champ every new 5*, so they have to pick and choose.  Your expectations in the game need to match your level of effort.