Grand Experiment 2: Treading Water in the SCL 10 Post-Shardpocalypse

Comments

• Zalasta
    Zalasta Posts: 264 Mover and Shaker
    I had a good run this morning. 11/55 5-stars in LL.  I was concerned that after pulling form the Crystal vault, that it would impact my ability to finish the other 5-stars in LL. Look like I may be ok there.

Abigail now champed.
    Electra @ 3/2/4 with 215 shards
    Crystal @ 3/2/3 with 365 shards

Moved my 4-star favorite to Thor to drive Storm covers. 3-star is Storm to drive Thor covers.

Once again am extremely low on ISO.
    27 classics not fully covered.
  • dramatist
    dramatist Posts: 218 Tile Toppler
    I pulled 46 Latests this morning and champed Abagail. I only have 2 Elektra covers and 2 Crystal covers. 

I’m going to hoard both Latests and CP until Abagail leaves and hopefully get good luck with Elektra covers in a month or so.  
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2022
    I’m definitely swimming in iso; I have just under 2 mil.

evidentlyni voted in a top 8 poll, and got 250 JJ shards that were good for an LT champ level also. That got me a purple for Elektra, 2/2/5 now.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Looks like I’m going to finish Elektra before Abigail, though I do seem to be on a 5* hot streak.

Current Latest:
    Abigail: 4/1/3 with 1000 shards
    Elektra: 3/3/5 with 725 shards (champable at next feature)
    Crystal: 0/0/1 with 365 shards
    Moon Knight: 0/0/1 with 0 shards (NEW, got lucky on a webbed wonder token)

Current Favs:
    Peggy: lvl 353, 5 more to a completed FA Cap
    Big Wheel: 3/4/4 with 304 shards
    Psylocke: lvl 225, just chasing peggy shards here
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Briefly hype that I pulled an Elektra, but it was a saved purple. I’m only 6 5* covers away from the “collect 500 covers” milestone, so Big Wheel is probably getting those 800 shards
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Pulled a red for Elektra, so she is now champed at 451. it looks like saved covers don't apply towards the Collect N covers milestone until you champ a character and apply them. So 5 more covers and I'll get that 500 5* covers milestone and be done with Big Wheel. 4 more peggies and FA Cap will be done.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Pulled yet another purple for Elektra...RNGeezus really wants me to know she has that ability I guess. she's now level 452
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Got a day 2260 resupply reward Gambit good for 25 cp, which turned into another Elektra purple hood for 25cp, but that let me hit the 500 5* milestone so Big Wheel is champed now. I put my 5* fav over on Abigail since she is next out.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    man, can't catch a break on this final Abigail cover I need. I only need 86 shards to finish her, so it's not the end of the world, but Elektra is level 456 now. Just the one Crystal still as well.

I'm on my final Peggy cover to finish FA Cap, and Gert is now champed, so 10 covers of her and Ultron will be done as well. Similarly, 10 more Ant-Mans will finish up Wa5p, actually only 7 if I commit to her as my 5* fav for 20 pulls which I may do after Abigail.

After that, my remaining vintage 5*s unchamped are:
    Silver Surfer: 4/4/3 with 110 shards, Mr F at 338 w/ 10 shards
    Doc Ock: 3/3/4 with 405 shards, Carnage at 332 w/ 340 shards
    Black Suit Spider-Man:4/3/3 with 400 shards, Iron Spider at 323 w/ 35 shards
    Archangel: 3/3/4 with 300 shards, Nightcrawler at 345 w/205 shards
    Jean Grey: 5/2/2 with 330 shards, Jubilee at 331 w/225 shards
    Black Widow: 4/2/2 with 0 shards, N4tasha at 335 w/393 shards
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Abigail should get another run in early May or next week.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    Oh, are you sure? I figured we'd seen her final run this most recent time.
  • HoundofShadow
    I think you're right. New 5* usually has a release event + 4 essentials, which occur ~ 30 days later after their release date, followed by every ~19 days after that. I went to run a rough list of essential date (since all Feb to March essentials have been overwritten by April's and I can't verify them) and her mid April's essential should be the 4th and final essential. The only time where the expected dates go a little haywire is when boss events are run. 

Someone who has recorded her exact essential dates might want to share it here.

• Xception81
    Xception81 Posts: 406 Mover and Shaker
    Yeah she/Brand has one more (probably). She was released on 1/13 and has been featured 2/28, 3/20, and 4/14. She’s going to be featured again on 5/2, or 5/5 if there is a boss event next week which I’ve heard there is but can’t confirm.
  • HoundofShadow
    Thanks for the list of her essential dates. Boss events usually mess progression shards up, so someone's shards will be sacrificed for the next 5* release on 5/2.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    FA Cap is champed, moved my 4* over to Ant-Man from Peggy.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    pulled an organic purple for Abigail, she is now champed. 

Current Latest:
    Abigail: lvl 450 with 456 shards
    Elektra: lvl 456 with 25 shards
    Crystal: 0/0/1 with 365 shards

NEW
    Moon Knight: 0/0/1 with 375 shards

with A spread this thin on Crystal I’m thinking it’s unwise to move into classic at this stage, but it is as good a time as any to see how well the Next Out favorite strategy can work. Currently I have my favorite set to Wa5p to true her up with champ rewards.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Wa5p was in my daily offer store, so I just picked up 40 shards to true her up to Ant-Man rewards and save myself 3 covers. I moved my 5* shard target to Crystal. 6 more Ant-Mans and Wa5p will be champable, then I'll move over to Gert and chase Ultron up.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Got a blue for Surfer out of Classic, he's now 5/4/3 (110 shards, Mr F is at 338 - switching my 5* fav to surfer would get me finished with a 344, or I could go to 347 and leave it on Crystal). the odds of me pulling a useful cover for an un-champed 5* out of classic are getting lower and lower all the time, so that's pretty cool.
  • Chirus
    Chirus Posts: 191 Tile Toppler
    Got a blue for Surfer out of Classic, he's now 5/4/3 (110 shards, Mr F is at 338 - switching my 5* fav to surfer would get me finished with a 344, or I could go to 347 and leave it on Crystal). the odds of me pulling a useful cover for an un-champed 5* out of classic are getting lower and lower all the time, so that's pretty cool.
    When do you decide when to pull from classic or when to pull from latest legends? 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Usually when Next Out of latest is champed, I’ll do Classic till they drop out. Sometimes like this batch, I’ll champ the second out first and have to keep after Latest. So Elektra got an extra 6 covers that would have been nice on another character, but whatever, she isn’t too bad. I’m debating on holding on to cp once Abigail drops out since I have such a poor showing on Crystal but I tend to get bored pulling nothing for that long.