Updated Forum is Live! Bug Squashing Thread (3/16/22)

Options
LakeStone
LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator

Hi Everyone –

As all of you can see, the updated forums went into effect earlier today.  Speaking with the team, it sounds like a few more things still need to be fixed/updated and it will need to wait until tomorrow to be completed.

This includes fixing the missing banners on mobile and the notification icon among a few others.

Please share any feedback on this thread that you have and we will do our best to address them.  We can’t promise we will be able to address them all as some fixes were just necessary for the platform.  Mainly knowing if something is broken or visually doesn’t look right will be the most ideal to know so we can prioritize those fixes.

Thank you everyone for your patience (and feedback so far!) as make these changes.

Comments

• KrizzB
    KrizzB Posts: 92 Match Maker
    Options
    @LakeStone clicking on a username doesn't work after the update, it almost shows the user info overlay but it vanishes again and this behavior repeats whenever you click on a username.

Using Chrome on Android.

/Kris
  • ambrosio191
    ambrosio191 Posts: 293 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Is there anyway to better differentiate between an announcement/pinned thread and one that isnt?  Right now they have the announcement bubble underneath the thread title, but it blends into the background.  Most of the time those threads dont change, so I quickly scroll past them, but it's hard to tell when they end and others begin now.
  • Jagman
    Jagman Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    Options
    There used to be a button to clear all new tags. I don't remember how it was labeled but it basically was a "Mark all posts as read" button.  If it's still hear, I can't find it.  
  • DragonSorcerer
    DragonSorcerer Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Where is the easy way to navigate between sections for the same game without having to use "Home" first ?
  • jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @LakeStone as described in this thread, has the method for marking threads read been inadvertently removed in the new layout?
  • Janosik
    Janosik Posts: 322 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    You don't appear to be able to search within a particular subforum any more.

This function was particularly useful in the Bugs subforum.
  • Janosik
    Options
    The red circle on the notification icon never goes away.
  • jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Janosik said:

FWIW, I'm not having this issue. I had 7 notifications, clicked the bell, clicked 'mark as read', and the red circle went away.
  • Janosik
    Options
    jtwood said:
    Janosik said:

FWIW, I'm not having this issue. I had 7 notifications, clicked the bell, clicked 'mark as read', and the red circle went away.
    OK thanks.

Generally though in most apps and forums one does not need to click the 'mark as read' option to get rid of the notification.
  • Theophilus
    Theophilus Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    Options
    This is really petty, but I'll ask anyway...

Could we please return the link at the bottom of the page to return to the discussion subgroup. It used to be there and I found it useful. For example, when reading the last post on a long page in the General Discussion forum, there was a link underneath the "Leave a Comment" box that would return you to the General Discussion forum. As it is now, I have to scroll all the way to the top. Yes, I know there is a back button. However, that does not always mark the thread as read. Also, I'm a creature of habit. Sigh. 
  • Jagman
    Jagman Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    Options
    @Theophilus I've found that if you use the back button then refresh it will mark the thread as read. Still not as convenient as the old way, but better than scrolling up I think.
  • LakeStone
    LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator
    Options
    I know that some time has passed since my last update but a couple of fixes have been made.

This includes - 
    • Hamburger Menu Fixed
    • D3 Announcements now stand out
    • Darkened lines between discussions
    • Removal of Category Sidebar
    • Back to top button (this was fixed but not seeing in live so should be fixed by end of week).
    As I mentioned before Dark Mode is something we've requested but will take longer to address.  As soon as we have more info on a timeline I'll pass it along.

Thanks again everyone for your patience.  We will continue to review feedback and make note for future fixes.