Steam/cloud issues?

As of the last hour, I can't connect (PC / Steam).  Steam shows a 'Steam Cloud sync error' sometimes, but not always.  The app launches, goes through 'Loading' for half a minute, then 'CHECK INTERNET CONNECTION', although all  other apps work.

I've checked firewall/AV whitelists.  First time in 3 years getting this.

Comments

• hipUK
    hipUK Posts: 75 Match Maker
    Update: have successfully launched several Steam games and a GOG game - but the EA Play cloud is giving me the same problem.  It's unable to sync its cloud as well.
  • hipUK
    update 2: Ubisoft Connect is wholly unreachable for me, as is Epic Launcher.  Downdetector is showing others with issues with Ubi C.  (So at least it's not just me!).  GOG and most Steam is working fine... 
  • hipUK
    update 3: Origin resolved itself, Ubi/Epic still having issues...

MPQ working now.  I tried shutting off Windows Defender and it ran fine - not sure why something changed there, and I'm not sure how to get it added to the right whitelist there (as the game and Steam are already whitelisted), but at least it's running!
  • LakeStone
    LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator
    hipUK said:
    update 3: Origin resolved itself, Ubi/Epic still having issues...

MPQ working now.  I tried shutting off Windows Defender and it ran fine - not sure why something changed there, and I'm not sure how to get it added to the right whitelist there (as the game and Steam are already whitelisted), but at least it's running!
    Thank you for sharing!  I have passed this along to the team but a few others reported problems logging in over the weekend but it does look like everything is running smoothly after Saturday.  Please let us know if we can assist with anything else.