Character Rebalance - Wiccan (Billy Kaplan) (3/8/22)

Options
2»

Comments

• MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Venomous said:
    If that passive stays even after he transforms, then he is now a constant AP generator as long as he stays alive... And with that added healing, he can. Imagine someone who can generate 3 in a single color every turn. All that matters is whether that passive stays. 
    When he transforms, the Mystical Destiny power swaps to Power of the Demiurge, so the AP gain won't remain.
  • Blackstone
    Blackstone Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Venomous said:
    If that passive stays even after he transforms, then he is now a constant AP generator as long as he stays alive... And with that added healing, he can. Imagine someone who can generate 3 in a single color every turn. All that matters is whether that passive stays. 
    When he transforms, the Mystical Destiny power swaps to Power of the Demiurge, so the AP gain won't remain.
    This is where Hulkling let's him keep gaining AP after he transforms.
  • Venomous
    Venomous Posts: 225 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Ah… a shame. Could’ve made him a decent ap generator if it didn’t swap. Still not upset, could’ve been fun though. 
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Bad said:
    I’m just here to read the whales get infuriated for having the devs waste their time not working on meta 5s. 
    Everybody's entertainment is unique.
    But I wonder where did you read people wanting meta characters rebalanced.
    And I wonder if following that logic you playing with 5* characters does'nt makes you another whale.
    I said “working”, nothing about rebalancing them. Where did you read I said rebalance? 
    I also apologize for not knowing the definition of the term “whale”. I didn’t know playing with 5* is the definition of it . 
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    you know a stealth character who really needs a rebalance? 5* black panther. he does nothing. except with Thanos, and they have not been the top dog duo in a few years. make him do something other than a bit of damage when he comes back from stunned. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,167 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jredd said:
    you know a stealth character who really needs a rebalance? 5* black panther. he does nothing. except with Thanos, and they have not been the top dog duo in a few years. make him do something other than a bit of damage when he comes back from stunned. 
    I always felt it was odd that he worked better with Thano5 than he does with Okoye.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jredd said:
    I always felt it was odd that he worked better with Thano5 than he does with Okoye.
    Good point. A self stun, ability that creates team-ups, a black ap generator and an ability that does damage would all be welcomed.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    A self-invis would be better than self stun for what he does I think. But that he hemmorages team up is what keeps him from being good with Okoye.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    BP was released in Jan 2017 while Okoye was released in May 2018. If Okoye was released to specifically synergise with BP, she probably won't be the meta character that she is today. Another way of looking at it is they do synergise with one another. Even though they share the exact same colour overlap, but none of the active power overlap with one another. Okoye matches yellow to create more teamups to trigger BP's yellow passive. While it reduces teamup by 7 which reduces Okoye's power buff, it could be done to make sure that the interactions are not broken.

As for BP, he's still relevant in today's context. His threshold for being stunned is easily triggered with Wanda/Colossus. The only thing weird is his black cd. It seems to be buggy when I used him against Colossus. It seems like it triggers only once per turn. If not, Colossus reduce his black power cd if it's triggered by matcg damage.

I like all his powersets, and all of them are unique in the game. I think some other character might have power similar to his black power though.
  • Akoni
    Akoni Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I like playing with Wiccan, but he was so frustrating that I stopped. This is a welcomed adjustment.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,638 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I got Wiccan to transform! Job done guys n gals!
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    Mine still dies pretty quick (lvl 318), but it is much easier to get him to transform.