Your WORST MPQ moment of the day (REALITY thread)

Comments

• helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    Points get higher with each passing sub. So, for Strange Sight, playing for higher scores mean clearing the harder sub first. Harder sub = higher clearing time = fewer points maximised.

So, the hardest to easiest realm/choices would be middle node (Sentry nodes), first node (Maggia) and lastly, the third node or the Ninja nodes.

Totally agree with the strategy, but based on my roster and timing door 1 is my slowest, followed by 2, then 3. The sentries actually speed up Polaris.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think you have 550 roster? 
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    shardwick said:
    After 3 years playing I just learned you don’t need all 3 artifacts to fight Kaecilius and can fight him every day . This explains why I finish 50 places lower in this PvE than every other one . 
    It's always best to check your points on the leaderboard as soon as you finish your clears to make sure that you have the same amount as other people. Once in a blue moon I'll think I'm done with my clears and then see that I'm short like 200 pts somewhere and then will need to do one more clear on an easy node.
    Or, since is the "WORST MPQ Moment" thread, you'll find that you accidentally did an extra clear for a node without realizing it.

Like I did yesterday.   :s
    Always focus on the amount of times that you have cleared a node. Sometimes the game screws up when it shows the amount of points and if you've done the full amount it could still show that it's at full points even when it isn't. I got burned on a wave node not too long ago when I had done the two clears in cl10 but it was still at full points, then I did another clear and it fixed itself so there I was sitting in 1st place with my lovely overclear when realistically I should have just been in the top 20.
  • HoundofShadow
    It happens even during grindIng.  I remember I did 2 grinds and I accidentally clicked that node again and it showed me points. I played that node, cleared it and I gained + 0 point.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,517 Chairperson of the Boards
    Is it actually possible to make a match against an AI team with Prof X on it without it somehow leaving a match-4 for them to crush my soul?
    This game is so troll-y sometimes.
  • Srheer0
    Srheer0 Posts: 510 Critical Contributor
    It happens even during grindIng.  I remember I did 2 grinds and I accidentally clicked that node again and it showed me points. I played that node, cleared it and I gained + 0 point.

I did that a few months ago.

Cleared 1 or 2 of a wave node. It still showed the node having 100% on the bar.

Did another clear, then it went down to like 1 third. I only found out when I compared my score to everyone else and I was maybe 300 points ahead of literally everyone.
  • HoundofShadow
    Strangely, that happened to me only when grinding, and not doing the first 3 or 4 clears. I suspect it's because we hit the node so fast that the server couldn't update the visual in time. I noticed that the it happens only when I clicked the node really fast.
  • Akoni
    Akoni Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    Borstock said:
    Is it actually possible to make a match against an AI team with Prof X on it without it somehow leaving a match-4 for them to crush my soul?
    This game is so troll-y sometimes.
    No. Furthermore, consider yourself lucky if the match-4 doesn't cascade into another match-4.
  • Hellblazer666
    Hellblazer666 Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    I could have sworn I chose SCL 9 for Operation Spider Silk. I start playing today and it tells me I chose SCL10. 
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 967 Critical Contributor
    I could have sworn I chose SCL 9 for Operation Spider Silk. I start playing today and it tells me I chose SCL10. 
    This should go into 'best mpq moment of the day'.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dogface said:
    All depends on the roster strength, I suppose.
  • Hellblazer666
    Dogface said:
    no I hate SCL10 its too hard for my roster. 
  • shardwick
    Dogface said:
    What team do you mainly use for CL9? If you have a decent Shang Chi then you can beat most nodes on CL10. 
  • Hellblazer666
    shardwick said:
    Dogface said:
    What team do you mainly use for CL9? If you have a decent Shang Chi then you can beat most nodes on CL10. 
    I mainly use 4 Star Rocket/Groot Polaris and Juggs for PVE. I should use Shang Chi more he is one of the better 5 Stars  I have along with BRB.
  • shardwick
    shardwick said:
    Dogface said:
    I mainly use 4 Star Rocket/Groot Polaris and Juggs for PVE. I should use Shang Chi more he is one of the better 5 Stars  I have along with BRB.
    How many covers do you have for Shang Chi? Oh, and how many green covers do you have for your 5* Thor? If your Thor sucks then you could use Valkyrie in his place. This event isn't too bad overall in terms of difficulty but you should play around with Shang Chi, America and Valkyrie/Thor and see if you have any success with them. I also like to do +2 red, +2 purple and +5 critical boosts. And then for essential or challenge nodes that are a massive pain I'll do +2 all ap, +5 match damage and +5 critical boosts.
  • Hellblazer666
    shardwick said:
    shardwick said:
    Dogface said:
    How many covers do you have for Shang Chi? Oh, and how many green covers do you have for your 5* Thor? If your Thor sucks then you could use Valkyrie in his place. This event isn't too bad overall in terms of difficulty but you should play around with Shang Chi, America and Valkyrie/Thor and see if you have any success with them. I also like to do +2 red, +2 purple and +5 critical boosts. And then for essential or challenge nodes that are a massive pain I'll do +2 all ap, +5 match damage and +5 critical boosts.
    My 5 Star Thor is only 1 cover on each. My Valkyrie is pretty Strong same for Chavez. My Shang Chi has 5 Purple covers 2 Blue and 1 Red.  I will try him and Valkyrie.
  • HoundofShadow
    I set my alarm 25 minutes before pve ends and I overslept. When I woke up, I had only 3 minutes left to clear. My placement plummented from T10 to T1XX. 
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,517 Chairperson of the Boards
    I had 2 matches in a row in PvP against boosted Onslaught teams where there was a match-4 or better for LITERALLY every turn the AI took.
    I freaking HATE Onslaught and Prof X boosted weeks. I hate hate hate hate hate them.
  • LHammer
    LHammer Posts: 97 Match Maker
    I'm starting a series:
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 967 Critical Contributor
    DST in America, and I'm too late for doing my final clears. Will need to remember this for the next two weeks or so.